The temporary reduction of the value added tax (VAT) from July 1, 2020 has ended on December 31, 2020. Since January 1, 2021 the German VAT has changed back to the original rates, from:
- 16% to 19% (regular VAT rate)
- 5% to 7% (reduced VAT rate)
To comply with this change, effective on January 1, 2021, we have reverted all system changes that were implemented in course of the temporary VAT rate reduction.
VAT increase will not be automatically applied for your prices on Amazon, since uploaded prices are gross prices (tax inclusive). To adjust your prices, you can use various tools in Seller Central:
- Use the Manage Inventory or Manage Pricing page to update prices manually.
- In your catalogue, using Inventory Files for bulk uploads.
- If you are using an API, update prices through Feed Files or your integrator solution.
For Frequently Asked Questions about Selling on Amazon related to the VAT rate change, visit our Help page here.