user profile
Sign in
user profile

Intellectual property complaint mix up

by Seller_i6jjXveUbb9mt

I sent in a complaint because someone was listing against my product on amazon UK.
I found out today that they shut down my own offer…
I received an email telling me how to appeal against my own complaint.
No luck trying to sort it out with seller support.
Help!

Tags: Listings
20 replies
20 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_hC0hNVDuILaKO
In reply to: Seller_i6jjXveUbb9mt’s post

Were they listing the EXACT same item?
If so then they were listing correctly.

user profile
Seller_i6jjXveUbb9mt
user profile
Seller_Rds42gzScDQFa

For the record. When I raised a I.P case I received a Policy Warning… Beggers belief!

user profile
Seller_QlN0mmCAFPtjZ

It is possible that the infringing party raised some sort of counter claim against you . Amazon may have given more credence to his claim than yours .

It is also very possible that the Amazon staff working on this just did not bother looking at what was before them .

Amazon has achieved such dominance in the market that they have become totally arrogant . The wheel will turn , but it may turn to slowly for many .

Hope you get it sorted out soon

user profile
Seller_EJIX7rqDNQJi2

There is nothing unusual about this.

Sellers who submit complaints about someone else often end up being the one who gets a policy violation or a suspension as a result of Amazon’s error when processing the report.

user profile
Seller_ht6uwFKVyviGr

this has happened to me , now you can no longer choose who to remove when you make an infringement report . they end up removing you too as the only option is remove all sellers .
on the email you received there’s a link to email and retract the complaint , email them and ask for the complaint to be retracted against you as you are the owner of the trademark …
it took a few days but they restored mine .
its ridiculous as now if we want to remove unauthorised people from our listings we suffer the risk of being removed too .
good luck

user profile
Seller_Gq0aGvAqLaCsZ

I had this happen to me when I reported that a competitor was using my images

It was a total ball ache for over a week as Amazon shut down my listings, not the competitors

I Emailed them that I gave myself complete permission to use my own images, but I couldn’t prove I owned my own images without a certificate of ownership by myself

The wit was lost on Amazon

the only way to resolve it was to eventually write to Amazon and retract the claim

and then start again and hopefully get someone with a brain cell

user profile
Seller_0pkMTMROIPEmY

Has this situation changed For ASIN B00M9EMH4C your the only Seller showing (T.E. Traders) assuming this is you? , presumably if this was the infringed product Amazon have removed the other Seller that was previously listing on this ASIN. I also notice on the screen shot provided although you have an infringement claim , your Intellectual Property Complaints shows 0 at the same time, this doesn’t make sense if you are the trademark owner unless this is the way Amazon are requesting proof of your trademark ownership against the claim raised, which would have been provided if you are Brand registered from the outset. Either way doesn’t make sense the whole Brand Registry that is pushed heavily an ensuring security for your brand, something we have on a seperate brand , is anything but this.

user profile
Seller_i6jjXveUbb9mt

Update: I have received an email telling me that my ‘appeal’ was successful and my selling rights for that product have been reinstated. However the record of the ‘infringement’ still remains on the product policy page… I presume this means my metrics are still affected?

user profile
Seller_i6jjXveUbb9mt

Update no.2:
I received another email this afternoon:
Hello,
Thank you for your report of infringement. We reviewed your report and removed the following content based on the information you provided.
ASIN: B00M9EMH4C
Complaint ID: 4621573902
Sincerely,

Now the listing has been completely switched off in the UK…

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post