Introducing three mandatory ASIN attributes, effective October 26, 2021

To provide a better shopping experience for our customers, effective October 26, 2021, we’re introducing the following three mandatory attributes for listings created one at a time or in bulk.

• Net Content: A new attribute set for eight Product Types (PTs)
  • Item Form: A previously optional attribute that will become mandatory for 86 PTs
  • Number of Items: A previously optional attribute that will become mandatory for 154 PTs

With these changes, all ASINs for select PTs must have these attributes populated when you submit new ASINs or update existing ASINs. Failure to populate these mandatory attributes will prevent any new selection creation in the relevant PTs after October 26, 2021. Note that this will not de-list any selection that you have listed before October 26, 2021. However, to provide a seamless shopping experience for customers, we strongly recommend that you update this information on existing listings. If you have ASINs in your inventory in any of the select PTs that don’t have an ‘Item Form’ or ‘Number of Items’ value, you may begin updating these attributes now.

Additionally, we are adjusting the allowed values for the Unit Count Type attribute for 138 PTs. For more information, see Net Content, Item Form, and Number of Items attributes details page.

Good job I haven’t got anything better to do, like oh I don’t know, run a business.

If it wasn’t laughable, I’d laugh… or maybe not.
When will this cr*p end?!

Or deal with a hundred and one other issues that Amazon may throw up at you at any moment without warning.

Monkey see, monkey do…

But do your customers know this would be a better experience because of this?
As I have not one clue as to what you’re on about (and I am also a buyer) I seriously doubt it

Just out of interest… How often does amazon rejigg the templates? Because there are now 2 (including this one) attribute types I have to add to all my listings and the last template I downloaded had moved things around so much that it took days to work out what needed to go where (wasn’t a simple cut and paste of the old spreadsheets).

I am so glad we’re moving our stock away from Amazon. I’m hoping we’re Amazon free before the end of the year.

When its all just Amazon

Amazon, when are you going to learn, the average customer doesn’t give a … about all that, they just want to know, is it what im looking for?, how much does it cost? and how soon can i get it?
and that is it!!
All you are doing is just wasting our time with this nonsense that no one cares about anyway!

VTR being one of those bits of nonsense

As annoying as these continual updates are I suspect Amazon has a lot of data to back this up from customer queries and complaints when they say they ordered X and received Y. It doesn’t matter though what the seller does to try and make things clear within titles, bullets, descriptions etc… a small number seem to misread…

Picture the scene - it’s Monday morning the coffee is freshly brewed and there are biscuits and croissants on the very large oval table.

In come the Snr Managers of AMZ.

Top dog: So what ideas have you come up with to make the customer experience even better?

silence … you can hear the shuffling in the seats and every bite of the biscuits is audible (that’s why it’s always best to dunk).

more silence …

Top dog: Right you lot - I have to present to the board how we are going to make the customer experience better … for God’s sake give me something!!!

Mike manages to swallow his donut just in time and comes up with … you guessed it.

Top dog: Genius Mike! the board won’t have a clue what I’m talking about but it sounds technical so let’s do it!!! right meeting over … A.O.B?

Little Jimmy speaks up… The staff want to know where the Xmas party is this year & the ladies toilets are blocked, again.

Frank, the little guy in the Pineapple motif Hawaiian shirt…Scuse me boss but we have loads of good data that customers want stuff totally free and delivered within a hour of ordering.

Top dog: Well I’ll put it to the board but I don’t think they’ll agree to that, but they might.

How do you get product description

Apple sauce 3.9oz (Pack of 72) equal to Number of Items 4 ?

As consumer purchasing goods online I would find the above examples confusing.

As is normal with amazon announcements I have no idea what this announcement means. Is it something translated from Chinese by a very poor translator?
All I want to do is sell a few secondhand books.
Would dome kind person tell me if I am affected by this announcement

hold on let me try and work that out x3+y3+z3=k - got it!

Yet another reason to escalate departure from this site. As a seller it is a constant nightmare trying to keep up with the goalposts moving on a weekly basis.
As a buyer it is difficult to shop on Amazon with the catalogue in such a mess a search engine that refuses to take you direct to what you are looking for instead it directs you to something else that the autobots thinks you would like. ie a recent search I did looking for a particular item I took it as a challenge and deceided to see how far I would have to go before seeing the product I was after it was on page 38. did the same search on Ebay product was on page one.
You are destroying the site Amazon for both sellers and buyers unless of course you are trying to turn the site into a Chinese flea market if that is the case you can pat yourself on a back on being a roaring success.

But can you prove it?

Thanks for working that out for me… :slight_smile:

i’m not alone when I say … nope haven’t got a clue