user profile
Sign in
user profile

Is this ok for a Suspended account over SUSPECTED items

by Seller_phhnyvFNt5gvw

Hi Guys.
I received a suspended notice over suspected brand listings.
The items are gone.The original chinese seller is gone.The asins are dead.
Their name was in the title.Though they were definately not a listed brand name and the adds were not locked or anything else.They are 100% generic items.
I removed the adds immediately as i did not want the hassle of dealing with a chinese seller.
The seller had none of these items for sale when i did list them and the seller did not report me or anything.It was just amazons bots I THINK ?? that gave me the suspected notice.
I have never had a genuine brand notice warning that i know of.Just these suspected.
I received these suspected a few months.3 of them.
i checked the forums at the time and it said lots of sellers were receiving them at the same time.
I remember some sellers saying they received 100’s of them.
The forums suggested ignoring them at the time.It’s new and it’s just the bots.This was 5 months ago approx i received them.
My account is basically perfect.100% fbk.All 0’s for all metrics.Not a single problem or mark against me.Nothing.Just this suspected stuff.
Things may have changed since these original forums.I don’t know.
I have been checking the forums for help and came up with this appeal.
Will it suffice.Be ok.I’m not good at this type of thing
Amazon Seller Performance Team,
Please find below an updated Plan of Action:

Root Cause:

1. After carefully reviewing my entire account.
  2. I have fully examined my listings and have come to the conclusion that the root cause of the complaint was a generic asin with a sellers name in the title.
  3. The product page for ASIN A B01DDE8DDA had the sellers name in the title.
  4. The product page for ASIN B B076LYH3XL had the sellers name in the title.
  5. The product page for ASIN C B0140TEQNS had the sellers name in the title.

Actions taken to resolve the complaints:

1. All listings, including the ones which received suspected intellectual property violations have been deleted permanently and will not be reactivated.

2. I have checked all my remaining inventory and discarded any asin that may be affected.

3. I have read and understood all Amazon Policies and agreements paying close attention to the ‘Prohibited Seller Activities and Actions Policy and ‘Anti-Counterfeiting Policy’ and will ensure I strictly abide by them.

Steps taken to prevent future complaints:
I have formulated and implemented the following plan of action in order to ensure that all the products i take into inventory and sell to customers are authentic and do not generate any future complaints.

1. Sourcing: To ensure the authenticity of the products i sell, I am sourcing products only from reputable manufacturers and wholesalers who are authorised by the brand owners.

2. Listings Quality Control:
    a. I am monitoring the listings on a regular basis to ensure that they are always accurate and complete.
    b. I am monitoring all the listings i create on Amazon, to make sure that the detail page rules and condition guidelines are always being met.
    c. I have updated product description with additional details so that it is clear what the customer purchasing.
    d. I have reviewed and will regularly monitor Amazon’s content guidelines for any changes to make sure I am operating within those guidelines.

3. Packaging & Shipping Quality Control:
    a. I am examining each product before shipping, to make sure that the product and packaging is up to amazon standard.

4. I am monitoring customer returns and complaints on any products, as well as customer reviews on products i offer, as a quality control measure.

5. I am promptly providing replacement or refund in response to any customer complaints.

6. In future, any products that appear to create a poor customer experience will be withdrawn from inventory immediately.

7. I am providing excellent customer service and communication in order that each customer has a good shopping experience on Amazon and is satisfied with the products i offer.

I am looking forward to Amazon’s consideration to help me reinstate my account.

Thank you.
Sincerely xxxxxx

Thanks guys.All advice good or bad ie let me have it if i deserve it.All advice appreciated.Thanks

Tags: ASIN, Listings, Pricing, detail page
37 replies
37 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_EJIX7rqDNQJi2
In reply to: Seller_phhnyvFNt5gvw’s post

I am sorry to hear that your Seller Account has been deactivated due to Suspected Intellectual Property Rights Infringement Complaints. You are definitely not the only one as many sellers contacted me asking for my help with appealing their suspensions over the same issue.

Yes, these complaints can definitely trigger a suspension if you failed to take action and simply deleted the listings with complaints from your inventory.

You were supposed to edit the listings to reactivate them and remove the defects.

Unfortunately, this is not a proper wording and will not be accepted as the cause of the suspension:

In addition, your Plan of Action does not sufficiently address the issue and lacks any effective steps and actions. Deleting listings and reviewing Amazon’s policies on it’s own will not work.

You are not supposed to answer any tasks present in the original suspension notice, these are supposed to help you with the content of your appeal, but cannot be presented in the way you did.

Please review this example Plan of Action which may help:

user profile
Seller_sFEUMUfeW5484

Strange as Amazon have told us (numerous times) that “suspected” ip infringements do not effect your account, it’s just a heads up for you to check and edit IF necessary, or delete the asin. These are not based on reports received from brand owners etc.

user profile
Seller_sFEUMUfeW5484

The problem is though, they don’t issue the suspected violation based on your data, they issue it based on teh product page, which could be anyones data.

There is zero opportunites for a seller with a large number of listings, to monitor this. Mainly because they ask you to edit teh listing but when YOUR data is 100% correct, but Amazon are using someone elses title for example, you will end up going round in circles with SS as they have no idea how their system works.

user profile
Seller_po0RbQw2dXbPl

Hello,
What we can do when we press the EDIT button and see message that the products is removed from Amazon catalogue ?

user profile
Seller_po0RbQw2dXbPl

Now i am suspended and i cannot edin, delete … nothing. but have to explain how i can fix this in action plan.

user profile
Seller_j2HZ9fPaP5oGR

I do not want to come across as rude, though could you please upload suspension message which you received as I have never encountered one caused by suspected violations.

I do have some myself and did contact SS, which assured me that suspected violations will do no damage to sellers’ account health. I know that sometimes SS can be wrong, though I am really interested if the suspension you have received is due to those issues for sure.

Please read below what SS replied when I have raised the issue:

''However, as per the guidelines you have made the necessary changes to the ASIN. Hence, this will not affect your account health and will be auto-removed from your Suspected Intellectual Property Violations report after 180 days of deleting of the listing.

Please be informed that this complaint does not have any negative impact on your account it is just for record purposes and does not affect your account in any way. Further, Amazon keeps the record of all content removed due to Suspected Intellectual Property Violations associated with your account.

Please be assured that Suspected Intellectual Property Violations metrics will not impact your account health negatively.’’

Please note, that we did not edit those listings, they were deleted upon receiving those suspected complaints.

user profile
Seller_po0RbQw2dXbPl

But how we can fix this problem when the item is removed from amazon catalogue and it doesnt exist for being edited ?

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post