user profile
Sign in
user profile

Jewellery on Amazon

by Seller_cI9of8628Kyog

I’m on Amazon from few months but nothing was sold. I’ve wasted my money. Where can I find at least impressions/clicks report for my products?

Ania

Tags: Reporting
31 replies
31 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_BpSMg54YI3wjL
In reply to: Seller_cI9of8628Kyog’s post

In seller central select Reports, Business Reports, then on the left there are various options to view traffic and clicks (by date or by ASIN number).

user profile
Seller_QlN0mmCAFPtjZ

You may need to advertise or you may need to look at the products you are selling . There may be insufficient demand for the product or there may be much more sellers selling the same .

user profile
Seller_0pkMTMROIPEmY

Also make sure your back end keywords are relevant and comply with Amazon’s changes

The most important changes are:

The total length of search terms is now limited to 249 bytes (compared to 250 bytes before)
This limit now also includes spaces, hyphens, commas etc.
You can only edit or create product listings when your search terms are within the prescribed length limit

user profile
Seller_hC0hNVDuILaKO

Unless a Pro account is a pre requisite for listing in the Jewelry category then are you at least on an Individual account so that you aren’t wasting the monthly fee?

user profile
Seller_cI9of8628Kyog
user profile
Seller_cI9of8628Kyog

Key Product Features:
It looks like my products are not refreshed, This is what I wrote:

AnKa Jewellery 925 Sterling Sitting Lark Pendant Necklace Inset With Brown Baltic Amber.

Description of Product:
Silver pendant pr. 925 with cognac amber Weight pendant with chain ~ 3.55 g
The dimensions of the pendant - length 2.6 cm (along with the tag) x width up to 3.2 cm
Free pendant packaging - in the attached photo.
The pendant on the photo with ancyle chain, diamond rhodium-plated 0,3 rhodium is not included, but it is available in the Anka Jewelry store offer. There is no silver chain in the set. If you are interested, please contact: kontakt@ankabizuteria.pl.

user profile
Seller_BpSMg54YI3wjL

I have to admit getting new listings seen in the Jewellery department is very difficult now there are so many sellers of cheap 10p items. I always start items with very little profit (seller fulfilled) then when a few sales come in, increase the price and send a few to FBA - keep an eye on stock levels - then send a larger quantity in if it starts to do well. But I am finding getting those first few merchant fulfilled orders is getting harder (Amazon really do hide them away nowadays I’m afraid).

Jewellery department was great a few years ago. Sigh… the good old days!

user profile
Seller_BpSMg54YI3wjL

Another good tip is being more “themed” with Jewellery e.g. if a bird item; ensure to have different species as keywords; dove, hummingbird, swallow etc. I find that sort of product tends to sell better than classic, simple Jewellery - such as a necklace with a plain square gemstone for the pendant (because there’s so much of that stuff and they are hard to distinguish with a specific keyword - making it harder to find them).

For your bird necklace above, you don’t have the word “Bird” or species “Sparrow” in the title - but I would say that’s the most important thing. I would keep it simple.

Suggested title:

(Brand name if required), Sparrow Bird Necklace, Sterling Silver with Amber Pendant

That’s what I personally would put if it was my product anyway. Good luck. Let me know if it works! Note that if the listings have been there for months then they will have already been seen as non-sellers in terms of organic results - meaning they probably will not be easy for a customer to find even with a better title. Ask Amazon if they don’t mind you deleting the listing and starting again may be…?

Finally, once you get a few sales, your listings will show the proper “buy box” which will also then boost sales a little further.

user profile
Seller_cI9of8628Kyog

It’s better for me to translate products on http://www.anka-schmuck.de/ and http://www.anka-jewellery.com/ - invest in better products description on my websites vs helping amazon to improve their SEO … right?

It’s also huge ingnorance from amazon that they are not taking part on that forum, not listening customers who are selling products. Maybe their strategy is exacly as you said: force the lower prices to let them take over the business and start selling without sellers like me or you.

user profile
Seller_BpSMg54YI3wjL

I don’t think you are understanding me. I’m not saying to sell cheaper. I’m explaining to START cheap then you can get prices much higher. It works very well. I’ve done it for 10 years. It is how Amazon works; because the listing will then have better natural search ranking after a few sales (when you can put price up). Otherwise It sits there forever selling zero.

Go to original post