July Newsletter

Need Help?

IMG_ALT_TEXT

You heard right, Prime Day is on the way and we cannot wait. Prime Day 2021 was the biggest two-day period ever for Amazon’s third party sellers, nearly all of which are small and medium-sized businesses, growing even more than Amazon’s retail business. Remember, you’re still on time to schedule Prime Exclusive Discounts until July 5th.

Did you know that?

• Prime members in 20 countries shopped more this Prime Day than any previous Prime Day and scored deep discounts across home, fashion, beauty, and electronics.
  • Members purchased more than 250 million items worldwide and saved more than any Prime Day before.
  • In the two-week lead-up to Prime Day, customers spent $1.9 billion on small business products during the Spend $10, Get $10 promotion period, more than a 100% year-over-year increase compared to the Prime Day October 2020 promotion.
  • You can read more on the official press release.

What’s new?

Handmade Hub
Just Launched! The Handmade Hub BETA is the newest centralized resource for UK Handmade sellers. The Handmade Hub includes useful links, helpful content, and programme updates. There will be additional updates to the Hub in the coming months, so keep an eye out. You can access the Handmade Hub BETA here.

Amazon Custom Registration for Handmade Sellers
Handmade sellers were recently sent an email stating that they have been registered for Amazon Custom, which may have caused some confusion. There is no action required from sellers and this will not impact existing listings.

As an existing Handmade seller, you were automatically granted access to Amazon Custom, without having been registered. In an effort to streamline communications, programme features, and processes, the Amazon Custom team registered Handmade sellers for the Custom program.
​​​
Moving forward, new Handmade sellers wishing to list customised or personalised listings must register for Amazon Custom independently.

Tips, Tricks & Reminders

Expiration Dated Products
Beginning in August, sellers listing items in the Baby, Beauty & Grooming, Health & Personal Care, Pet Supplies, Home & Kitchen, and Sports & Outdoor categories, will be required to designate whether or not their product is expirable, in the Vital Info tab, within some of their sub-categories.

Any product that has an expiration date, a shelf life, or loses effectiveness with time (whether or not an expiration date is included) are considered expirable.

With the addition to this field, sellers will find additional fields for Product Expiry Type and Fulfillment Center Shelf Life in the More Details tab.

More information can be found in Seller Central help topic: How to list an Expiry-dated product​​​​

Want to learn more about Advertising? Join in on upcoming webinars

7/18/2022 14:00 BST Get started with sponsored ads Beginner Register here

7/19/2022 10:30 BST Introduction to keywords and sponsored ads Beginner Register here
7/21/2022 10:30 BST Introduction to bids and budgets Beginner Register here
7/26/2022 10:30 BST Tips for optimizing your keywords strategy Intermediate Register here
7/28/2022 10:30 BST Tips for optimizing your budget and bids Intermediate Register here

Getting to Know our Handmade Family

Mummy’s Marvellous Makes
Looking back, this all started when my Grandma taught me to knit when I was just 5 years old. I loved the sense of satisfaction that I felt for every complete project. I went on to cross stitching but found that this didn’t hold the same appeal for me. Years went by and I was still knitting and crafting, a lot went to local charities such as twiddle muffs for the care homes and premature baby items for the local hospital. My husband jokes that I can’t sit still, if I’m not making then I’m not happy. He is right (not that we will ever tell him that), I love to be busy and making. A couple of years a close friend introduced me to quiliting and it took very little time for me to fall in love with all the fabrics (my stash is now considerable and we have had to build an extension to store it all). Following the birth of my third child, I decided that I really wanted to spend more time with the kids and so Mummy’s Marvellous Makes was born. I developed a range of products such as baby quilts, booties and bibs that are all handmade with love. I know these items last and survive - they have all been trialled on my three monsters. I am continuing to develop my range of products and personalisation is now available too. Thank you so much for visiting my shop and I hope you like what you see. Kelly xx