user profile
Sign in
user profile

Low-price FBA rates to replace Small and Light on September 26

by News_Amazon

Starting September 26, 2023, we will introduce low-price FBA rates for all items priced at or less than (including Value Added Tax (VAT)) £10 in the UK, €11 in Germany, €12 in France, Italy, Spain and the Netherlands, SEK 140 in Sweden, PLN 55 in Poland. This means that the price threshold will remain the same as for Small and Light while providing FBA delivery speeds and apply a low-price FBA fee rate card to all eligible selection.

All eligible items will automatically receive the low-price rates.

With this change, we will close the Small and Light (SnL) programme, effective as of September 26, 2023, when the new low-price FBA rates go into effect. Until then, SnL enrolled items will continue to have SnL rates applied. Enrolment of new products into the programme will end after September 14, 2023.

If your products were enrolled in SnL and qualify for low-priced FBA rates, your fee may see an increase, but your products will benefit from the fast FBA fulfilment speed. If your products were not enrolled in Small and Light and are priced below the thresholds, this change will mean that you will pay lower fees while continuing to enjoy the fast FBA fulfilment speeds.

To help prepare for this change, we recommend that you review your product offerings, check your inventory status and review the FBA and low-price FBA rate cards to assess any changes. To review the FBA and FBA low-price rate cards, go to Low-price FBA fees.

For more information on the current FBA rates, go to FBA fulfilment fee.

Tags: News and announcements
152 replies
152 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_DTufFoxJuMU0M
In reply to: News_Amazon’s post

Least you could do is offer free removals for those that don’t want to pay the increased fees since there is not much notice there!

Also any idea when we can get removals to NI again?

user profile
Seller_PQwoQKpE24WfM

This is absolutely disgusting from Amazon. As if they don’t take enough already. My fees are going from 0.86p per item, to at least £1.34. That’s a 50p increase, which is a lot, when the price of my item is only £3.99. My profits are being cut in half. I wish sellers could strike!

user profile
Seller_oA7gHuOaRpLws

Wow, UK really getting stung by this one

we will introduce low-price FBA rates for all items priced at or less than (including Value Added Tax (VAT)) £10 in the UK, €11 in Germany, €12 in France, Italy, Spain and the Netherlands, SEK 140 in Sweden, PLN 55 in Poland

Could be worded better, its not all items its all items providing they are less than DIMs 35x25x12cm

user profile
Seller_DSc0DILReiGDL

Fees for us are going up a solid 1/3. It’s a joke, Amazon make more than us at this point

user profile
Seller_77IcbQKVGdZo0

All I can say is thank you for giving us plenty of notice of the change. It is just under 8 weeks notice of a massive price increase which will mean some lines may no longer be profitable on Amazon.

You are aware we buy stock in advance especially for the busier Christmas period and that we need to know about changes like this with a lot more notice.

Whilst I am moaning what is the chance of you giving me the FBM Buy Box back which you are withholding for almost 3 years because I got ill during the pandemic and had poor account health as a result? If I could go back to FBM I would but I have no choice but to stick with FBA.

If I was an employee of a work place I could take you to an employment tribunal for the way you have treated me for becoming ill. But I can’t and I just have to suck it up.

I am not normally so critical of Amazon but this is poor, we deserve more notice of this change and not to dump it on us at the start of our busiest part of the year.

user profile
Seller_JeSBYj1XH8qlB

Ridiculous, it’s all to do with chasing money to keep par with COVID peak sales - rather than just accept that was an anomaly. They can’t physically do it with sales as people are now splitting purchases across more channels (as per before now they can go back out to shops etc) so they do it in increased fees.

Not only do the increased fees hurt us - so does the huge decrease in sales since COVID especially if you do both MFN and FBA so it’s a double whammy. Plus with increased fees if you increase your price to match the increase (which for most people is going to be 40/50p which is a huge increase on a low cost good) that does not even keep your profit margins - you actually need to increase more to do this.

We already increased our price after the last fee increase / RM increase. We get lower margins and decreased sales as a result. Now to increase again it will take the product above the next £ price point which many people simply will not pay - especially as the cost of living crisis gets worse for everybody.

Amazon have effectively destroyed any business under the £5 mark in order to chase an unrealistic revenue that they enjoyed due to the pandemic. And of course just in time for Christmas - because we didn’t have enough crap last year with the Royal Mail strikes.

user profile
Seller_AeSYBToQ271lM

This is insane. Some items that cost me 65p in December last year, now 86p will now cost £1.34 going forward. More than double!

user profile
Seller_uHC1CZuByCEWL

I imagine whoever tries to stay offload with items under £5 (like myself) would increase price. But I know for sure my items won’t sell for £6 people would rather go and buy same things in bulk or don’t buy them at all. All my items are SaL and almost all my items under £5
This is a sick joke. I’ve literally ordered more stock yesterday…

user profile
Seller_jeHAq028Nn59S

We was also about to start sellling our products out of Germany and was going through the VAT services reg and was about to start the EPR process. We have just cancelled our VAT services application and contacted the account manager that was assisting us through this.

Other than the low FBA fee, the other attraction was the volume we got from FBA/Primc, but if we put prices up the orders will reduce and the ‘Negative Customer Experience’ will just increase.

I feel September/October/December will be D-Day for a lot of sellers, in one way or another.

user profile
Seller_9cePvE5bylALt

So in under 6 months, my FBA fees have doubled. Low value items, very low profit, Amazon now make far more out of every sale than I do.

I’ve been selling on Amazon for over 15 years… and you’ve finally managed to reduce my profit such that my business is no longer viable. This is nail in coffin time, death by a thousand cuts.
I’ll just pass the increase on to the consumer, and my products will be unlikely to sell as they’re already overpriced thanks to the last price increase. I manufacture my products, so they’ll just be removed from the marketplace altogether and the consumer won’t be able to purchase them anymore.

I’ve said this on another thread, but just thought it worth re-iterating here on the offical post.

Every now and then I see a seller poll question that asks if I agree with the statement: “Amazon genuinely cares about the success of my business.” <-- That is absolutely hilarious.

Go to original post