Missing books mystery

New book seller on Amazon. Working my way through inventory and checking Amazon listings to see my books up for sale. But some are not. For example: The King’s Jaunt: George IV In Scotland, 1822, author John Prebble. There is only one listing for this book and the one that should be there under Dalston bookstore on Prime is not there. But I have 1 available in my inventory. I have scanned the list of sold books, not there. What should I do about this or is it common for Amazon to lose stuff?

The book is there for £14.99. I think you posted before about a “missing” book and it was found under a duplicate listing - this one is the same.

:wave:t3: page 3
The King’s Jaunt: George IV In Scotland, 1822

• Hardcover: 288 pages
  • Publisher: HarperCollins Publishers Ltd; First Edition edition (10 Nov. 1988)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 0002154048
  • ISBN-13: 978-0002154048

I think it was mentioned in the other thread you opened: Amazon search is - to be polite - eccentric, and the vast majority of books that are on offer in the catalogue never show in initial search results.

Some of us have complained about this for years but we’ve learnt (through gritted teeth) to live with it.

There is little sign at the moment that booksearch will be improved in the near fututre, but we live in hope. :pray:

Can you explain a bit more about duplicate listings and how to find my books? Most I can find no bother.

I had a second look and sure enough there it was! Cheers

I had a second look and sure enough there it was! I guess it might be me at fault and not Amazon, oops.

Just to be clear, Amazon do lose stock after they receive it. Typically though the listing is active and then they can’t find the item when a customer orders.

Perhaps you could merge the duplicates as you have the item in your inventory?