user profile
Sign in
user profile

New seller - how do I get a product ID for my handmade items?

by Seller_RNRs3M83LOlcb

I am a new seller to Amazon and have my own website and etsy shop. I have started listing my items on Amazon and have saved my products in drafts ( watercolour prints) and the only thing left to add is the product ID.

I have applied for my trademark registration but I am told they are processing this and it could take up to 2 months to see if anyone opposes it. What do I do in the meantime? Can I sell my prints without a trademark? Will my work be protected on Amazon? And what about the product ID? Can I make them up in order to get selling?

Any advice would be much appreciate to this newbie.

Thanks

Tags: Add a product
6 replies
6 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_ZQyopdiwkUHOZ
In reply to: Seller_RNRs3M83LOlcb’s post

Your products should be protected by Copyright, since you're the artist for them.

I didn't think handmade items needed a product ID, tbh. If they do, then I assume you can apply for a GTIN exemption from Amazon, so you can list the products under your brand without needing one.

If Amazon are saying you absolutely need a product ID and won't grant a GTIN exemption, you need to register the product with GS1 to get GS1 bar codes, as they're the only type Amazon accept.

That would require you signing up to GS1 which I believe requires an annual subscription, but I may be wrong.

user profile
Maja_Amazon
In reply to: Seller_RNRs3M83LOlcb’s post

Hello @Seller_RNRs3M83LOlcb!

Welcome on Amazon and on Seller Forums!

Can you please confirm if you applied to join Amazon Handmade?

If you didn't, let me link here some of the resources that you may find useful:

Please let me know in case of any other questions or doubts.

Best,

Maja

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post