user profile
Sign in
user profile

Notice -dispute. Why pick on my copy?

by Seller_aJBUhX2Sm9Ukf

Anyone know why my copy (one of 11 listed), has invoked the wrath of some unseen power?
B0000CBLA8

My copy was bought in 1988. I have always thought I could re-sell my own property, but last night I got a notice-dispute message for it:

We removed some of your listings because we received a report from a rights owner that they may infringe the rights owner’s copyright. The listings we removed are at the bottom of this message.

Why did this happen?
One or more of your listings may be infringing the intellectual property rights of others…

OK it is just 1 CD but I am puzzled. Why are none of the others being blocked? Who is upset by my listing and is there any point in defying the bots?

Thanks all
Tony

Tags: Listings, Pricing
37 replies
37 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_AaTSN0AimLp9O
In reply to: Seller_aJBUhX2Sm9Ukf’s post

Weird.

Although there’s plenty of offers its displaying ‘currently not available’

user profile
Seller_EIGBPAYhT1mVy

To add insult to injury - why would Amazon show a link that states “Have one to sell” as shown below for B0000CBLA8? I would ask seller central what’s going on given you are allowed to sell a second hand item and that they should remove the raised infringement on your account.

user profile
Seller_sxu7tg1ecQ5ps

Have you listed it as new or used?

The copyright owner can not possibly know if it is genuine or a copy without making a test purchase.

user profile
Seller_EJIX7rqDNQJi2

You can e-mail notice-dispute@amazon.co.uk and appeal the complaint.

Have you tried contacting the rights owner?

user profile
Seller_toP3nL5zuCfTz

Unfortunately, this is common-place on Amazon, if a competitor sees you selling something which is the same/similar/could negatively impact their sales, your listing will be targetted for purpose of filing a relevant violation against. It basic game theory, by which a seller will consider anyone selling the same or similar item is a threat that needs eliminating as it reduces the chances of them making a sale.

However, such violations can be overturned and you can have your offer/listing reinstated if you have proof that your item is not infringing the said copyright, as well as patience and persistence in sending the email mainy times to notice dept.

If you do not have the proof, then there is nothing that can be done. The only thing I can suggest is to add the offer onto an existing listing for the same thing.

user profile
Seller_2BrPSydGy6oyq

If it was listed in used condition, then copyright cannot be enforced as it expires after the first sale, you may want to point this legal fact out to Amazon if you plan to appeal?

user profile
Seller_snWsqDJGqg4sY

I had the same email regarding this item last night.My item was used and was in my inactive inventory as I had sold it in 2017.It is marked as blocked now in the inactive inventory.

user profile
Seller_mCpfYzjcQFKjf

I have had one of these notices this morning, for a very old CD album. Which is still listed for sale by me! Is this an Amazon glitch?

user profile
Seller_5BmbL9wJF7d3W

It may be an idea to contact Michelle Shocked via her website as she owns the copyright on all her recordings and ask why she has done this as it seems to apply to all but the latest released CD version. I know she comes down hard against copyright infringement and bootlegging so this may have something to do with it.

user profile
Seller_2AQcyKl9MA5el

Hi,
Had the same problem with a USED Michelle Shocked listing and from what I’ve read on the net and the copyright dispute is indeed directly coming from her , was passed onto Amazon then passed onto sellers… I think I’m gonna burn my copy and post it online…

Go to original post