user profile
Sign in
user profile

Now available: Returns Performance dashboard

by News_Amazon

We have launched the Returns Performance dashboard, which helps you monitor your returns performance and proactively address issues for returns that you manage manually.

The Return Performance dashboard focuses on three key returns performance metrics:

• Return requests approved more than 24 hours: Number of return requests that are manually approved more than 24 hours after receiving the initial request.
  • Return requests declined: Number of return requests that you have declined.
  • Return-related contact rate: Counts one contact for each unique buyer return request (regardless of the number of messages sent).

Each performance metric contains details for the following areas:

• Current metric performance
  • Target metric threshold
  • Definition of the metric
  • Explanation of importance of metric
  • Policy information

We also launched the Returns Analysis page, which helps you identify and take action on any product listings that experience return issues.

Lastly, you can access a pop-up window within the Manage Returns page to view a summary of your returns performance metrics.

For more information, go to the Return Performance dashboard page.

Tags: News and announcements
97 replies
97 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_7VbclcPFFRTnc
In reply to: News_Amazon’s post

Sort of defeats the need for this now amazon are automating them all

user profile
Seller_xUKHc5xSYJmI4

Not sure what this means?

If the process is automated not sure why they need to add further metrics. I will have to be careful I don’t spend too long in the toilet just in case.

They should have a metric how many times seller has to contact Amazon about the same issue that isn’t resolved.

user profile
Seller_7VbclcPFFRTnc

from the help pages - this doesn’t bode well !

What happens if any of my metrics in the Returns Performance dashboard fall below thresholds?

Initially, there will not be any enforcement actions

hold onto your hats - if you though VTR was stressful !

user profile
Seller_sFEUMUfeW5484

@Amazon_News
Bore off will ya.

user profile
Seller_Xo4Z606J15V4I

Oh happy happy joy joy. More Amazon anxiety fun.

user profile
Seller_vIpv9uvBH6CFY

Let me guess: more punishments for things that are completely out of sellers’ control, such as customers sending us messages or customers not sending their returns to us fast enough.

user profile
Seller_qs0SIvVwguCY5

Absolute joke that there is a target to be under (2%) for returns declined. We sell mostly personalised items, so the vast majority of return requests are not automated for us - and the normal reason is that the buyer ‘accidentally ordered’ - which we are more than entitled to decline for personalised made-to-measure items. Which we do, since the item, which we have made, cannot be re-sold. Perfectly acceptable within the Amazon terms.

This is a disgrace.

user profile
Seller_SITNVuZK87zGK

It took me a while to even find the damn page. It being called Returns Performance - logic would have suggested it sit under the Performance tab in the menu - but no, its a button on the Manage Returns page.

user profile
Seller_JFmof2OKqCiGe

Sounds like a headache for anyone selling clothing

user profile
Seller_wqciCXuQbNS4p

We’ve just had a good look at this, and it looks to me like this should be in beta version.

No way should it have been rolled out site wide in it’s existing state.

Go to original post