user profile
Sign in
user profile

Only four weeks left to register your LUCID number to stay compliant with German EPR Packaging laws

by News_Amazon

If you send packaged goods to Germany or sell goods on Amazon.de in any form of packaging (product or shipping package), you need to provide your LUCID number for the Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR) Packaging category by June 14.

Amazon will start blocking non-compliant listings on June 15, 2022, to comply with the EPR legal requirement that comes into effect on July 1, 2022.

If you’re already registered for EPR Packaging in Germany, submit your LUCID registration number on Seller Central.

If you’re not registered for EPR Packaging in Germany, learn more about Amazon’s free and paid solutions to help you meet your EPR compliance requirements.

We recommend that you register as soon as possible to ensure your listings aren’t blocked. It may take up to four weeks to register in addition to five working days for Amazon to validate your LUCID number.

To confirm your EPR obligations:

1. Go to the EPR Reports page to download detailed information on sales of your products subject to EPR regulations, including packaging for Germany.
  2. Check the Verpackungsregister guide to determine if your packaging is also subject to system participation. You may be required to enter a contract with one or more packaging schemes (also referred to as “system participation contract”).

If you are subject to system participation, you must declare your packaging both to the schemes and to the German authority Zentrale Stelle Verpackungsregister (ZSVR). In addition, you will need to pay fees to your respective schemes for the applicable reporting periods.

Tags: News and announcements
30 replies
30 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_sFEUMUfeW5484
In reply to: News_Amazon’s post

A lot of sellers are not going to know about this and will fall foul of it. If the VTR and returns policies are anything to go by. I think Amazon should do a LOT more to notify sellers of what will happen if they don’t comply.

Most users don’t use the forums and Amazon send out so many emails, it will be missed.

user profile
Seller_Ryz0P1a6Trg5w

I have an Action Needed Banner about this but I do not sell in Germany and do not allow any FBA stock to be sold outside of the UK?

user profile
Seller_2mXvaemgrVabX

when one downloads the EPR Report is it for Germany or France?

user profile
Seller_sFEUMUfeW5484

I’ve managed to get Germany done, just need to sort France which seems a little harder.

user profile
Seller_bK8sM12AW9CFt

I have registered with LUCID (no payment required) and entered the registration number on the necessary Amazon page. The banner is still showing as not registered. Is the first I hear that this has not been accepted by amazon when they switch off our Germany sales?

user profile
Seller_2mXvaemgrVabX

how long does it take for Amazon to register these numbers? on the EPR help page it only says 5 days, the UIN for France and Germany still are saying submitted. on the Amazon News Page it now says 4 weeks in addition to the 5 days?

Anyone got any ideas before i have to send staff home again?

user profile
Seller_XbNxMbk9uyd76

hello,

I am a little confused.

I am based in the uk and sell on amazon.de and amazon.fr.

I sell tube inserts, felt pads and other small furniture parts. We pick these in our warehouse in the UK and pack them in small cardboard boxes (10cmx8cmx6cm or larger ones 20cmx15cmx15cm depending on the order size, sometimes in clear poly bags and wrap them with corrugated carboard large letter size) and then put them in poly mailing bags, label them with the shipping address and send them to Germany & France.

Do I still need to apply for LUCID and do I need to pay for a yearly service for these to be disposed of in Germany or France (through activate.reclay.de)

Thanks for your help and guidance in advance

user profile
Seller_Mi6R9tcTOAoU3

Amazon EPR guide covers Germany only. Is there one for France please?

Which company are you guys using for France please?

user profile
Seller_bK8sM12AW9CFt

There is such a lack of information on this and confirmation that Amazon are happy with the number you have provided.

user profile
Seller_XbNxMbk9uyd76

hello,

I am a little confused.

I am based in the uk and sell on amazon.de and amazon.fr.

I sell tube inserts, felt pads and other small furniture parts. We pick these in our warehouse in the UK and pack them in small cardboard boxes (10cmx8cmx6cm or larger ones 20cmx15cmx15cm depending on the order size, sometimes in clear poly bags and wrap them with corrugated carboard large letter size) and then put them in poly mailing bags, label them with the shipping address and send them to Germany & France.

Do I still need to apply for LUCID and do I need to pay for a yearly service for these to be disposed of in Germany or France (through activate.reclay.de )

Thanks for your help and guidance in advance

Go to original post