Our account has been deactivated because you are offering items that may be inauthentic

Hello,

My account was suspended because I offer items who might unauthentic.

I have never sold any of those items and the listings were closed, it wasn’t even listed because I didn’t had stock for it.

I have completely deleted the listings and they’re asking for invoices.

Have you dealt with this situation before?

Thank you fro your help guys

Are you a dropshipper?
Asking for invoices is standard practice now for Amazon. If you are unable to provide any, you will need to provide a very good plan of action explaining why you were listing against items that you did not have in stock.

Thank you for your reply,

I don’t hold stock, yes. The main thing is that those items were kept closed and maximum what they have reached is my inventory list.

I can’t even appeal it for the second time because appeal button is not there.

Do you know the solution ?

Listing an item is sufficient for Amazon to assume that you intend to sell it, so requesting a verifiable invoice is not unusual or unfair.
Asmentioned, it is one of the dangers of listing goods that you do not physically hold in stock and sourced from a reputable supplier.
You need to send an appropriate POA explaining why this happened and what you have done, and will do, to ensure the question of authenticity is addressed for now, and cannot raise it’s head on your account again.

Hello @Revolist,

Your account has been brought under review for a potential authenticity issue.

Sellers on amazon are expected to deal in authentic products, if any product is listed under any brand name, sellers are expected to possess the necessary authorization to be able to sale it on the platform. I would recommend you to review your account thoroughly to understand the reason for notification. You can review the listings, the product detail page, the branding of the product etc. to understand the issue better.

Once you have identified the concern you will need to appeal with the information and attach any related documents to establish the same.

It is advisable to submit the proof of authenticity e.g. invoices and authorization letter.

The requirement of invoices are as below:

• Copies of invoices or receipts from your supplier issued in the last 365 days
  • The document should reflect your sales volume during the last 365 days.
  • The invoices should consist the details of the supplier including name, phone number and address.

In case if you are unable to provide with the required documents please update the same in your appeal.

Look for the cause of offering inauthentic items on the account and appeal the same in the below format:

• Root cause of the issues on the account

• The step taken to resolve the issues

You can mention this as a corrective measure you took on your account

• Future preventive measures to avoid offering inauthentic items

The explanation behind it is on the grounds that you have submitted with the prerequisite documents. So, as to bid indeed I would recommend you to return to the performance tab click on account health and there you will have the option to see the banner with "View Appeal" when you click on it, you will have the option to see the "Submit Additional Information" there you will have the option to appeal as needs be.

Thanks
Elena

Hello, Elena,

Thank you for your respond to this situation.

I have made a second submission but it was rejected again. Will upload the letter here:

Hello,

I’m adding additional information about my account suspension due to possibility of selling inauthentic products.

First of all, I really appreciate that Amazon is doing everything to prevent counterfeit products from being sold on this platform.

I have closely reviewed my entire inventory, listing by listing and deleted all of them which might have a brand authentication request.

I cannot upload any kind of documents or invoices from the suppliers because I have never bought them.

Because of the lack of better research and better experience in Amazon I have listed items that are secured by the brand and needs the authorisation to sell them.

I have taken immediate action, removed the listings from which I have got the suspension and even more. I have deleted all the listings from my inventory which could have even the slightest concern about branding authentication.

I completely respect all the brands which have a requirement of authentication and would never manipulate their rules by selling these items on any platform, that’s why immediate action was taken.

Big lesson learned as well, as for the future reference I wouldn’t like that someone would sell my brand products without permits from the suppliers.

For the future - I will do much bigger research about brands and which products you can actually sell without doing any harm for brand owners. I will search for brand-approved suppliers which will be able to provide me license and invoices for products.

I will prevent this from happening again with better research and bigger experience.

It was rejected again… Could someone help me on where I could improve? I have explained the situation, have made all the necessary actions and a big lesson was learned.

Much appreciated your help

Sorry but that plan will not work IMO
It contains much rhetoric but zero detail.
Even if they accept your root cause, that you lacked knowledge, Amazon want specifics about how you will ensure that you do not infringe again.

That is just vague waffle.
Be specific in every sentence
What exactly will your research consist of? Specify and link, don’t make vague comments with no substance.

Apply that level of detail to every aspect of your plan

Hello, Adrian,

Thank you for your help.

I’m quite new to Amazon platform and never had this issue before.

Have you dealt with this situation ?

NoI have never dealt with the specific issue that you face, but that is why you need a detailed plan which is tailored to your unique circumstances.
Firstly you need to explain to Amazon how, and why the problem occurred.
That can be as simple as you admitting that you were inexperienced, ill informed, lazy, or whatever… But be honest.
Then when you have fully identified the issue you need to build a pln to show how you have immediately addressed your Amazon ccount, and business, and what steps you have taken to learn about restricted products, not just in DE but anywhere that you list goods.
You will certainly have to identify ,and link a web resource that you can use to check for current, and future policy on this [maybe more than one source will be available and if so name and link each one]
You need to show Amazon that you have acquired the skill and knowledge that will enable you to prevent a policy breach in future,and demonstrate that you have enacted your new found knowledge within your account.
Hope that helps

Hello dear, Sir/Madam,

I’m adding additional information about my account suspension due to the possibility of selling inauthentic products.

First of all, I really appreciate that Amazon is doing everything to prevent counterfeit products from being sold on this platform.

I have closely reviewed my entire inventory, listing by listing and deleted all of them which might have a brand authentication request.

I have took immediate action, removed the listings from which I have got the suspension and even more. I have deleted all the listings from my inventory which could have even the slightest concern about branding authentication.

I couldn’t upload any kind of documentation or invoices from the suppliers only because I have never bought them. The research was made and found a supplier who could sell me the products but I have had never used their services. That’s why these listings were kept closed and haven’t sold any units to the respected Amazon customers.

In this case any kind of harm was made to the customers and I respect that Amazon has caught it before letting it happen.

Reasons why I have listed items to Amazon which I’m not approved to sell:

• Due to a lack of experience.
  • Lack of a research.
  • Lack of a respect to the brand owners.

Those listings were uploaded about 5 months ago when I was just starting with Amazon. My mindset towards the whole Amazon business was completely different. I agree that I had a lack of respect, knowledge, and experience. And I commit to help Amazon to be the best online buying and selling platform ever created.

I completely understand all the brands which have a requirement of authentication and would never manipulate their rules by selling these items on any platform, that’s why immediate action was taken.

What action was taken:

• Listings mentioned in the reason of suspension were deleted permanently from inventory.
  • All the listings, even those with the slightest concern from a brand owner’s perspective was deleted permanently.
  • Partnership with the companies which were supplying our products without the necessary documentation was ended.
  • Reviewed all the listings and matched the necessary information with the listings and the products – condition, weight, measurements, and packaging. More importantly storage place was reviewed as well.
  • Have read Amazon policies and completely understood the reason of my suspension.

https://sellercentral.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/help.html?itemID=G201165970&language=en_GB&ref=id_G201165970_cont_G521

Drastic lesson was learned, as a future brand owner I wouldn’t like that my products would be sold in any kind of a platform without my permission or at least the supplier’s permits. I take Amazon business really seriously and this won’t happen again.

What future actions will be taken before listing items in my inventory:

Close suppliers’ research with approved documentation from brand owners directly. This will appeal to all of the products which will be listed to amazon with intention to sell it.

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/external/help.html?itemID=201797950&language=en_US&ref=efph_201797950_cont_G1801

Research about brands which can be listed in Amazon and who doesn’t have a limitations from the brand owners.

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/external/help.html?itemID=202111990&language=en_US&ref=efph_202111990_cont_G1801

Will make sure that product reflects the Amazon listing’s picture same as with packaging, price, weight, and measurements.

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/external/help.html?itemID=G1801&

• Will make the necessary actions to make sure that product is being shipped in the best condition (as described in the listing). No scratches or damage on the packaging.
  • Will make sure that all the products will be shipped with only my name on the packages and no additional invoices or documentation.
  • Will make sure that products are being kept in the environment which would not cause any kind of damage to the packaging, or even worse – to the product.

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/external/help.html?itemID=200339950&language=en_US&ref=efph_200339950_cont_G1801

Will match the price to the competitors as this might signal to the Amazon about the product quality.

https://sellercentral.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/help.html?itemID=G200390640&language=en_GB&ref=id_G200390640_cont_G521

• When listing the product – if it will ask an authentication from a brand owner I will make sure that invoices and documentation will be ready to show for Amazon
  • If the item will be Drop Shipped directly from the supplier all the policies rules will be applied – no additional invoicing in the parcels with suppliers name or any kind of other marketing material within the packaging.

https://sellercentral.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/help.html?itemID=G201808410&language=en_GB&ref=id_G201808410_cont_G521

I have read all Amazon policies and learned a lot. Future actions will be based on Amazon policies and rules to and will put the effort towards Amazon platform prosperity.

Eitvydas Paulavicius

Where do you think I could improve on this appeal ? They haven’t accepted it again