Our local DPD depot will not collect our SFP parcels

no… if you user Amazon Shipping (i.e not buy shipping) for orders, then Royal Mail are sometimes offered instead of Amazon Logistic and the label is slightly different with Amazon info on. those labels we pay Amazon for AND Amazon driver collects them.

Buy Shipping:
DPD = charged by amazon from your seller balance
Royal Mail= charged by Royal Mail with the rates you have negotiated, can be on 7, 14 or 28 day terms

Amazon logistics: Separate to buy shipping, ship.amazon.com is where these are purchased and is either credit based or from your seller central balance, similar to DPD.

To get DPD to get sort your collection, call the main office in Birmingham, ask for the amazon department, Richard or Jas. They will liaise with your depot to sort your collection

That is incorrect, all Amazon logistics and Royal Mail delivery labels purchased through Amazon shipping are paid directly to Amazon on a monthly invoice basis

Royal Mail and Amazon Logistics are paid directly to Amazon and we do not negotiate rates with RM they are set up by Amazon

You seem to have two problems

1. No DPD collection
  2. Loss of Prime

1 Seems to be a hot topic of debate which you may or may not resolve.

2 Is another matter that I have not seen covered.

For 2. I would suggest that you change the listings that need DPD to another shipping Template and put in a POA to get Prime back whilst you try and resolve problem 1.

Be aware that Amazon have no interest in excuses, once you see a problem you really need to sort it fast, which would have involved taking action and de listing those items from Prime shipping sooner.

Good luck…

On the VERY rare occasions that either Amazon or Royal Mail will not ship we use UPS or APC and Amazon have no issue with that as long as it less than 1% of the time.

I agree, i would just remove the items from Prime that are causing the shipping issue then problem solved

Hello, it is not incorrect because we have an invoice from Royal Mail, this is not paid to amazon. Royal Mail rates can be negotiated with Royal Mail because we have done it…

Hi all,
Thanks for all the advice - busy working through it all!
So helpful of everyone!!

DX will take larger parcels.

Then i guess you must be on a different system to us then, but i was referring to amazon shipping and not Amazon buy shipping as these are two different things

There is a real contract supply legal issue with the way Amazon have set this up.

The seller pays Amazon for the shipping label, if amazon supply you with this label and bill you for this service then they are then contracting out to DPD. The sellers contract is with Amazon to supply the shipping service, Amazon subcontract DPD to supply the service.

Therefore if you were to test it in court then you’d likely be able to hold Amazon liable for non collection, loss of prime and subsequent loss of earnings resulting from this.

Not in anyone’s interest to do this clearly but again it just goes to show me that Amazon are all to quick to ride roughshod over the actual law and then hand the responsibility of the consequences of their actions back on to sellers.

Same with systematic Chinese VAT evasion on the platform, although I conceded that I also hold HMRC jointly responsible for this, would be easy for them to ask for batch sales lists quarterly from Amazon and reconcile this against VAT returns for said VAT numbers.

I think the problem is when you click on buy shipping in seller central it gives the option of DPD but it is not clear that you have to already have had to set up an account with them as we purchased a DPD label this way about a year ago and they never collected, we contacted them and they said they had not received the order and didn`t know who we were yet Amazon had not taken any money from us. All very odd

Another data point:

One must BUY SHIPPING (this means buying it VIA Amazon API, not necessarily BUYING FROM Amazon ‘LTD’) for all SFP orders, without doubt.

Our Royal Mail contract is linked, and Amazon is really just linking the API’s as a middleman.
Royal Mail bill us.

DPD, we have no direct contract, instead Amazon act as an Agent (guessing) and allow us to use DPD under terms agreed at on-boarding stage. The payment for these labels is taken off disbursement.

Some have DPD accounts of their own and have those API’s linked similar to how Royal Mail works, and pay DPD directly.

There’s a lot of conflicting advice above and anyone considering using SFP should not rely on the forum (and particularly those opinions of non-SFP sellers) before entering into any Prime Program.

I can give you a few emails and get in touch with them
Looks like they dont want work at your depot and lazy staff

contact.centre42@dpdgroup.co.uk
dpd.exports@dpd.co.uk

Contact dpd and might give you more emails to complain too

They need reporting peraonally

For Royal Mail I completely agree with you, the contract of supply is between the seller and Royal Mail.

For DPD I’m not aware that you can actually use your own DPD account. We have an account with DPD and we were not allowed to use this for SFP via DPD.

If you pay Amazon for the shipping label, and they then supply it to you then the contract is unambiguously with Amazon and not DPD. In the same way that if you buy shipping labels through namelesshippingbroker.co.uk then your contract is with them for delivery and not with parcelforce/dpd/dhl/any other carrier.

They either need to take responsibility for this and act to resolve the issues that exist on collection or set it up so that the contract and billing are directly with the seller.

It doesn’t take a huge leap to imagine that Amazon are charging out the DPD labels for prime for more than they are paying DPD for the service.

Again, the problem seems to be there are a number of different SFP Programs operating, we do not have and have never had an account with Royal Mail so we do in fact pay Amazon LTD directly who have obviously negotiated a bulk parcel deal with Royal Mail

Yes we would presume, like Wonderman_Tools, that the contract Amazon have with DPD means that DPD should provide the service and would not be able to pick and choose who they work with. And also that Amazon would take the responsibility to get it sorted out.
Having said that, since yesterday when this thread was started, we have spoken with someone from Amazon, so hopefully he will be able to help us/support us to sort this out with the local depot.

We used DPD for about 5 years then they dumped us with 3 weeks notice.

The reason they gave us was that their conveyor trays are 610x610mm in size and our average parcel was over that size. I suspect that this is why they don’t want your business.

We mainly sell framed artwork A1 size so although relatively flat, the longest dimension of our parcels is 890mm. So that was that.

Since then we get regular sales calls from DPD trying to get our business back.

:exploding_head:

It’s a shame Amazon don’t let us use our own carrier for SFP. We’ve been using DHL since DPD dumped us and they have been great.

It could be argued (not by me, but by Amazon!) that they are acting as an agent* for DPD with the Buy Shipping, not as a reseller. This would also explain the VAT being added, as if we were buying directly a zero-rated service we would not incur VAT. However, and Agent passing on charges of a zero-rated service must add VAT, regardless.

*Agent . One who agrees and is authorised to act on behalf of another, a principal, to legally bind an individual in particular business transactions with third parties pursuant to an agency relationship.