Product condition complaints reflect your customer service in a way and hence, it is important that you ensure your products are delivered in the condition that you have promised.
As you mentioned that these are personalized products, it is very important that you produce/manufacture them cautiously.
Now to appeal successfully, your plan of action must contain 3 important points. They are: root cause, corrective steps and preventive measures.
- Root cause:
- What led to the issue? Or what went wrong that your buyers received damaged products?
- If there was an issue during production, what was it? And how did it happen?
- Corrective measures:
- What actions will you or have you taken to resolve the issue?
- Provide an explanation about what were your immediate steps when you received a notification.
- Mention the changes you could make at that point.
- Preventive measures:
- What is the process you will follow while manufacturing?
- How will you avoid manufacturing defect?
- If you have thought about a quality check process, describe it in detail. You must be clear and concise while answering the above questions.
Team might also request for documents, make sure provide the documents as per the request so that the team can review and help you.
All the best!