user profile
Sign in
user profile

Ready to make first order, but

by Seller_V8IN1X2o7CCo5

I just want to clarify the steps I need to take, as I have done eveyrthing in the planning stages. Would I be correct in saying:

1 – Make the AMZ Product Listing

2- Make my order with the manufacturer

3- Contact my freight forwarder , and share the shipping information with them

4 – Complete the shipping plan file for AMZ where you give them details of when the shipment will arrive, dimensions, etc

Any advice would be appreciated.

Tags: Shipping
12 replies
12 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_esvgLzKXw2YAl
In reply to: Seller_V8IN1X2o7CCo5’s post

That’s more or less it.
But you will need your items labelling correctly, before shipping to Amazon.

If this is your first order, are you sure about shipping more than a couple of items direct to Amazon?
Have you checked quality etc first?
How do you know that you will sell all of said items, without testing the water first?

Are you aware of storage fees and so on?
If you haven’t even created a listing yet, do you know how much it will cost to sell and the FBA cost?

It really isn’t that simple, just to buy something from China etc, ship it into Amazon and expect it sell out. You also need to consider advertising costs or possibly selling really cheaply to get the item moving.

user profile
Seller_z6B2L9xab6HlP

If it’s your first shipment I would advise to get it delivered to you first, then you send it to Amazon.

There are other things to consider:

• To list a product it’ll either need an existing barcode in the GS1 database, or you need to subscribe to GS1 yourself, or ask Amazon for a GTIN exemption
  • Import duty and VAT will need to be paid at the border if the goods are arriving from outside the EU.
  • The manufacturer might send substandard products and you’d have no way to check before they get into the hands of your customers.
  • Each item needs to have the GS1 barcode on or an Amazon FNSKU barcode. Sometimes only the FNSKU barcodes are permissible due to the product type. It’s generally recommended to use FNSKU barcodes as this separates your stock from other sellers.
  • When you do the shipping plan Amazon tell you where to send it - you don’t get to choose unless you’re willing to pay some fairly hefty fees.
user profile
Seller_DROodOAYHftnc

Has every aspect of your Seller account been fully and completely verified, including your payment account ?
…and then all the other aspects that Barry has mentioned.

user profile
Seller_f5cnodyVjLD4S

Don’t forget, as you are bringing goods into the European market they will have to conform to European standards.
All toys and games and the majority of electrical equipment etc…will need a CE marking.
Along with a Declaration of Conformity from the manufacturer.
Other products that don’t require a CE mark will still need to comply with general product safety directives.
Amazon can ask and check that documentation is in place. They can also ask to see valid invoices, proforma and commercial will not be accepted.

user profile
Seller_UPVj7NuunuUHa

Are you ordering from Alibaba? If so I would advise using a third party checking service to ensure your goods adhere to your contract - and if you agree on trade assurance terms then your more likely to be favoured if you have a inspection (should anything go against your expectations).

What Incoterms have you agreed with your manufacturer? Have they agreed Duty Delivered Paid (DDP)? Many suppliers say they will do this - but won’t provide you with the Duty, VAT or Import tax receipts. This is important so you can save on your VAT, if you want to register or obliged too.

Just some other future tips;

Also, try to register your brand as soon as possible - its very easy and not overly expensive for a few classes, and for the benefit; Amazon EBC is pretty much key to surpass your competition.

Adverts are what make products sell - so I advise that you test some different ad tactics, researching your top keywords etc, and if you have a registered brand you access to Amazon brand analytics which I find tremendously helpful - its more reliable than your Helium or Jungle Scout software.

You will likely spend a lot on adverts - and it will eat your profit significantly, until you can establish a good advert regime.

Also - you will be paying VAT (20%) on your Amazon fee’s and Advertising fees unless VAT registered.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post