user profile
Sign in
user profile

Reminder about upcoming change to ‘dispatch confirm’ requirements on your Amazon.co.uk account

by News_Amazon

In March 2021, we communicated our updated ‘dispatch confirm’ requirements regarding mandatory input of the delivery service provider’s name and tracking ID during the dispatch confirm process of seller-fulfilled orders.

Note: We no longer require you to provide information on the delivery service during dispatch confirm.

Soon, you will no longer be able to dispatch confirm your orders if you fail to provide us with a valid tracking ID for seller-fulfilled orders that are delivered with a tracked delivery service.

In case you use the Royal Mail 24® or Royal Mail 48® or Royal Mail 1st and 2nd class delivery services, ensure that you provide the unique parcel ID (located above the 2D barcode on the label). If you are using a Royal Mail product that does not have a 2D barcode, ensure you contact your Royal Mail account manager or contact Royal Mail here to set up these services. If you are not eligible for Royal Mail 24® /48® and dispatch only letter-sized products (100 g, 24 x 16.5 x 0.5 cm), select Stamps/Franking from the drop-down.

Amazon will automatically cancel orders if you have not confirmed dispatch of your order within seven days from the expected dispatch availability date (find more details here). Delay in confirming orders might lead to an increase in your Late Dispatch Rate (LDR), which can lead to account suspension (find more details here).

What happens if my delivery service provider fails to scan my packages?

• Speak to your Delivery Service Provider: Try and find a resolution with them. You should also review your labels to ensure you are using the right delivery method and that labels are being printed correctly.
  • Check your tracking/parcel ID: Always ensure you or your integrator provides the correct name of your delivery service provider, the delivery service used, and the tracking or parcel ID. You may receive a VTR warning as a result of low scan rate. However, we will validate ‘unscanned’ tracking or parcel IDs with the integrated delivery service provider prior to suspending your offers in the affected category. Your offers will not be suspended if you have provided valid IDs, including for all parcels that have not been scanned by the carrier. This includes delivery confirmation only delivery methods (for example, RM 24 / 48 or 1st Class 2nd Class).
  • Buy Shipping: Consider using Buy Shipping, which allows you to buy shipping labels through the Seller Central interface. With Buy Shipping, the delivery service provider, delivery method and tracking ID are automatically provided by the delivery services provider to Amazon, and all tracking IDs received by Amazon through Buy Shipping are considered valid. In the UK, DPD, Hermes, Amazon Shipping and Royal Mail delivery methods are available through Buy Shipping. You can access Amazon-negotiated rate cards or, for Royal Mail, you can link your accounts to benefit from your own rates. For more details on how to use Buy Shipping, refer to the Use Buy Shipping services help page.
Note: When calculating your domestic Valid Tracking Rate, we can only exclude orders that are sent using untracked delivery services if you provide the name of the untracked delivery service used, with the name being identical to one in the Delivery service drop-down menu of the Confirm dispatch page (you can also refer to the carrier and delivery service list here).

For additional information, refer to the VTR help page.

Tags: News and announcements
237 replies
237 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_f5cnodyVjLD4S
In reply to: News_Amazon’s post

An early Xmas present? Thanks Amazon but unwanted, how do I return?

user profile
Seller_aPJvmPpiiXKtU

With regard to the following:
“In case you use the Royal Mail 24® or Royal Mail 48® or Royal Mail 1st and 2nd class delivery services, ensure that you provide the unique parcel ID (located above the 2D barcode on the label).”

Does anyone know:
When using Click and Drop with the option ticked to “Mark orders as despatched on channel”, does / will Royal Mail automatically pass the unique parcel ID across to Amazon?

I would hope so, but experience has shown me not to assume!

thanks

user profile
Seller_ZPjajjMXjCNQH

here we go again and again and again

user profile
Seller_zSXeBacXDzb2I

So- I use 1st/2nd class stamps- what does this mean for me??? I can’t stand this stress!!

user profile
Seller_snWsqDJGqg4sY

So…doesn’t this already apply …we are confirming dispatch as 2nd class stamps and franking for our large letters.Sending via the post office,as far as I know large letters don’t have a delivery confirmation and never have had,hell they don’t even scan signed for sometimes.Does this mean we cannot confirm as stamps /franking any more.

user profile
Seller_nex6aLZ9HPynF

If you are not eligible for Royal Mail 24® /48® and dispatch only letter-sized products (100 g, 24 x 16.5 x 0.5 cm), select Stamps/Franking from the drop-down.

Do Amazon realise on there drop down menus both Royal Mail 1st (and 2nd) class Stamps/Franking as well as Stamps/Franking.

We have used without issues 2nd class Stamps/Franking. Does anyone use without issues Stamps/Franking?

As they don’t know there left hand from the right I would expect both to work…but who knows!

user profile
Seller_aPJvmPpiiXKtU

At the moment I’m manually marking all Royal Mail 2nd class large letter untracked as sent via the franking method. I am sure many of us are doing that to ensure 100% VTR.

Does this new announcement mean we can go back to automatic updating without damaging VTR. I don’t know. Would be good if it does. @Jessica maybe you could clarify?
thanks

user profile
Seller_tRuvBEHDedp4q

Is it just me or are these statements contradictory?

First is says delivery service is no longer required, then is says make sure the integrator provides correct name of delivery service!!!

As per usual confusing advise from Amazon.

user profile
Seller_zSXeBacXDzb2I

I have just tried to confirm dispatch on some orders- using Royal Mail 2nd class stamps franking, and now has a box for tracking number- will not allow me to mark as disptached!!! What fresh hell!

user profile
Seller_xUKHc5xSYJmI4

I don’t now why Amazon don’t run the prison service…

Go to original post