Reminder on VTR requirements for using Royal Mail delivery services

Yes that’s correct. However make sure you have unticked the box in C&D that allows RM to auto mark as dispatched. If you don’t untick this box, even if you manually mark it as dispatched with stamps/franking C&D will overwrite it and you’ll be back to square one.

What a debacle. We have a perfectly good functioning integrated solution which we have used for years and with one click we mark all orders with labels printed despatched.

If we were to keep on using click and drop there are now multiple clicks to perform the same function. I am sure at some point we will end up shipping something on Amazon which we have printed a label on click and drop!!

I am still in the mind to move to buy shipping. Did one order on it yesterday and doesn’t seem as bad as I thought it would be. I am still confused on the communication though is buy shipping okay to use for letters and large letters?

I use buy shipping for my code CRL LLs and parcels, so in actual fact it’s easier for me to just mark the letters as shipped. I’d be reluctant to purchase letters via Amazon as it’s slightly more expensive but more to the point Amazon deducts the cost of the labels immediately, whereas my letters purchased on C&D are charged monthy by RM invoice. By contrast my LLs and parcels are charged monthy by RM invoice even when purchased via buy shipping.

I take your point though about having a perfectly functioning automated process that’s now totally useless for Amazon because they think 1st and 2nd class have tracking! It’s a bit ludicrous that I now have to say that my 2nd class C&D labels are stamps/franking in order to get them to be correctly treated as exempt.

Whoever did the research at Amazon into how Royal Mail postage functions should be called to account, and should apologise a) for getting it wrong, but also b) for the sheer misery and stress they’ve caused marketplace sellers.

What about large letters sent off with 1st and 2nd class stamps?

You can still use Stamps to send Letter/Large Letter but make sure to use any of these options when confirming your shipment as per the latest announcement from Amazon

Royal Mail 1st class stamps/franking
Royal Mail 2nd class stamps/franking
Stamps franking

Just confirm shipment using Royal Mail 1st or 2nd Class Stamps/ Franking - that’s the only they are now saying is OK !

Thank you! I have also sent off packages which aren’t tracked (printed from Royal Mail) and only have an ID number… is this affected too?

I believe you do the same, but to be honest, at the moment none of us know for sure - confusion reigns.

I’m waiting to hear from Amazon in a case, it says they are looking into the issue. Hopefully they’ll get back with good news on 1st and 2nd class large letters. Will just have to wait and see. Our setup works well in Click & Drop to auto-dispatch orders. I don’t see any reason why it should no longer work like this. It’s frustrating just thinking about the extra work and aggravation if we make a change. VTR is almost 0% from 100% with no warning from Amazon. I’m sure Amazon will get this resolved soon or at least clarify what we have to do now. Inputting a code for 1st/2nd class standard large letters would make no sense at all, because the code is meaningless in terms of any form of tracking or confirmation - it does nothing. We’ll just have to keep our fingers crossed that Amazon are reading these forums. Otherwise we’re all in trouble.

Hopefully, but it’s confusing that Amazon only says you can confirm shipment using stamps/franking for standard sized letters- they specifically give the dimensions, which excludes Large Letters. Large Letters don’t get a mention at all in the announcement.

I opened a case to ask for clarification about LLs and got a response which was a copy and paste of the whole announcement, plus one sentence: “Please note that Selling Partner Support is unable to provide further information that what has been provided above.”

Could they be more unhelpful?

Yes, they seem to enforce Tracking for LL using RM24/48 or any sort of tracking (which can be verified through RM website).

If you are not eligible for RM24/48 and send Letter use Stamps/Franking which does not include LL but I have personally changed my already shipped RM 2nd Class Large Letters to RM 2nd Class Stamps/Franking about 40hrs ago and now my VTR has started to improve from 75% to 84% now and hopefully will be back to 100% by end of today.

If we look at it more holistically, this VTR tracking and Auto Return shipping seems to be a deliberate move by Amazon to get more revenue generated from Posting/shipping which they were missing out previously (or not earning much from it). It is a good business move to increase its revenue but execution is terrible and obviously received a massive big thumbs down from its customers (us sellers) so it is an indirect cost that Amazon is willing to pay seemingly.

I would also like to give a massive general thanks to all the fellow sellers on this forum.
Perhaps like me you may be a sole trader and dealing with huge unexpected issues with Amazon can be alarming, frustrating and hard to find information.
Information and views from fellow sellers is a blessing.

So what is the solution that you’re all going with now?

What are you suggesting be done with the orders that have already been sent that are now showing as invalids (letters, large letters, parcels)?

And what do you guys suggest for going forward? Manual mark as dispatch? what about parcels?

Monday will need to be the start of doing things differently with no prior warning.

That is the $64,000.00 question that I have been asking for months and I’m still none the wiser.

My assumption is that it must be okay to use and will be valid even if it is not now.

It would seem stupid for Amazon to offer a service and then punish people for using it.

Can I ask about people’s use of Buy Shipping? Currently we use click and drop and we’re very happy with it. We use it for Amazon and the auction site orders. I see the Buy Shipping with Amazon creates it’s own manifest so I’d assume we’d now have to have 2 different bags… One for Amazon and one for the auction site… We setup Royal Mail 24/48 on our account but was happy with VTR when the option of not sending tracked was on offer… I can’t decide now to continue by selecting the stamps options (which seems to be wrong as it says only for letters) or change over to 24/48 with buy shipping…

If you don’t mind me asking, how long have you been selling on Amazon?

Amazon

Jul 24, 2021 07:03 AM

Hello from Amazon Selling Partner Support,

I understand that you are facing issue with Valid Tracking rate.

In the last 48 hours UK sellers have seen a significant decline in their VTR metrics.

It appears that 2nd class mail which was supposed to be exempt from the metrics is now being counted and sellers are receiving warning messages from Amazon.

Seller used the Royal main Click and drop feature but the tracking is showing invalid.

We are working in this issue, as soon as the issue resolved we will connect with you.

Please let us know how we did.

Were you satisfied with the support provided?

Been selling on here since 2014…the VTR fiasco has to be one of the worst things I have seen on here.

I am hopeful buy shipping will work out okay…but I wouldn’t be surprised if it doesn’t.

Well, I have just fired off an email to the MD - hope I haven’t been too honest and scuppered my business !