user profile
Sign in
user profile

Royal Mail Click and Drop - Unique Parcel ID

by Seller_YKhf7eyJbGwct

Hi everyone,

I recently had my account reinstated which was a huge relief and am back selling again.

I just wondered if anyone uses Royal Mail ‘click and drop’ to dispatch there goods.
I just had the email below from Amazon regarding shipping.

Soon, you will no longer be able to ship confirm your orders if you fail to provide us with a valid tracking ID for seller-fulfilled orders that are delivered with a tracked, or partially tracked delivery service. In case you use the Royal Mail 24®/48® or Royal Mail 1st and 2nd Class delivery services, ensure that you provide the unique parcel ID (located above the 2D barcode on the label). If you are using a Royal Mail product that does not have a 2D barcode, please ensure you contact your Royal Mail account manager, or contact Royal Mail here: https://business.help.royalmail.com/app/contact to set up these services. If you are not eligible for Royal Mail 24®/48 and ship only ship letter-sized products (100 g, 24 x 16.5 x 0.5 cm), select Stamps/Franking from the drop-down menu.

I send all my goods using standard 2nd class mail and print my labels at home. I rarely send anything tracked.

It seems that I now need to provide the unique parcel ID even for standard 1st or 2nd class delivery?

I have it set up so that when I click dispatch in Royal Mail Click and Drop it confirms dispatch in Amazon seller central. I guess I will now have to enter this number in Amazon and dispatch from there.

Can anyone confirm this as I do not want to get any bad marks against my account.

Many thanks,
Richard

Tags: Fulfilment, Royal Mail, Shipping, Shipping labels
71 replies
71 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_7VbclcPFFRTnc
In reply to: Seller_YKhf7eyJbGwct’s post

if you are using a RM business click and Drop account you need to move over to RM24 and RM48 which is code CRL for Large Letters and Parcels

If you are sending Letters - unfortunately ALL codes in click and drop are INVALID for VTR - i know - ridiculous !

user profile
Seller_GPLxAbyNPI33I

Just to throw my hat in the ring with what I know. I use RM Click & drop. I only sell on Amazon to UK buyers & only ever send mail 2nd class. Mine is a mix of letter, LL & SP

I like many have had this email after thinking the VTR nonsense was sorted out weeks ago, clearly not.

Amazon state that if you send letters up to 100 grams then you can select Stamps / franking from the dropdown menu. I don’t use “mark as sent on channel” anyway as I like to keep an eye on when I need relist & so keep an eye stock levels.

RM told me that the only reason Amazon say you can use stamps / franking for letters is because RM don’t have a 24 or 48 CRL option for letters.

If you want to send LL or SP then you will need to use CRL 24 or CRL 48

In most cases it won’t automatically be in your shipping options & needs to be requested from Royal Mail business team on 03457 950 950

Go into your click & drop, search, settings, shipping options & check the list. If it’s not there then call RM

I am waiting for it to be added, I rang on Monday & they said about five working days.

Also can someone confirm or deny the following. I spoke with someone yesterday who already uses CRL 24 & 48 and they say that Amazon still keep badgering them saying that there VTR metrics are below the required percentage.

Hope the above helps someone & don’t be worried by the costs for CRL it’s really about the same & even more so if you’re VAT registered.

Regards
Ed

user profile
Seller_yvRguI2cn3c9B

THis requirement is quite frankly ridiculous, but as usual when Amazon start this kind of nonsense,it is usually a monetising scenario for them. I only use large letter postage with a Royal Mail business account, so in Amazons books that just won’t do… but buy the same service through them (at retail instead of business rates) and hey-ho, problem solved !
You as a seller lose out, Amazon gets richer, another profitable “initiative” to help the customer successfully launched.

user profile
Seller_NoMNQDGnEW5Bx

How can you be vat exempt for postage and not vat registered??

user profile
Seller_D52kINh75QL8v

Congratulations you have been allowed back into Squid Game.

user profile
Seller_YKhf7eyJbGwct

Hi,
After the helpful messages in this thread I applied for a Royal Mail Business account, which was approved but I am waiting for my login.

In the mean time I have been sending my letters and large letters by RM click and drop and confirming shipment in Amazon, choosing the ‘Royal Mail 2nd Class Stamps/Franking’. It seemed to be OK until today!

I have 3 orders. When I select Royal Mail 2nd Class Stamps/Franking and then click ‘confirm dispatch’ it puts a yellow warning exclamation mark and ‘Please enter a valid Tracking ID’.

I have just checked my VTR in my account health and its 0%!!! It was N/A last week as my account was only reinstated so I guess it didn’t have enough data.

Does anyone have any suggestions what I should do as I don’t want to risk deactivation again.

Any advice would be appreciated as always.

Thanks,
Rich

user profile
Seller_hMBZxXLE8ZIqI

my account now also asks for a tracking ID for stamps / franking… which i thought was exempt

user profile
Seller_YKhf7eyJbGwct

In the Delivery Performance it says this:

The Valid Tracking Rate (VTR) is all shipments with a valid tracking number as a percentage of total shipments during a given 30-day time period. VTR only applies to seller fulfilled orders.

Amazon’s customers depend on tracking numbers to find out where their orders are and when they can expect to receive them.

The following shipments are considered as exempted shipments

1. Domestic Orders delivered through a carrier which is not integrated with Amazon 2. Digital products, e.g. Audio Book 3. EU Cross border deliveries, e.g. deliveries that are ordered on Amazon.co.uk and are dispatched from an EU country 4. International deliveries (excluding deliveries that are dispatched from China): International packages that are ordered on Amazon.co.uk but dispatched from outside the UK or China 5. Domestic deliveries dispatched through untracked delivery methods, for example Royal Mail Stamps/Franking 6. Deliveries that are dispatched using labels purchased on Amazon’s Buy Shipping Services (also known as MSS)

That surely mean its OK, but how can I now confirm my mail if the ‘Please enter a valid Tracking ID’ warning comes up??

user profile
Seller_YKhf7eyJbGwct

I just used Amazon postage for the first time whilst waiting to set up Royal Mail OBA.
The label quality is poor compared to RM click and drop. I chose 6x4" label and the size was smaller so I had to scale up when printing. The address was also not arranged correctly and the print was faint, but at least my Amazon VTR rate will go up slightly.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post