user profile
Sign in
user profile

Royal Mail Tuesday after bank holiday delays

by Seller_XDzJ9YBdCj3SY

I know Royal Mail are experiencing delays and i understand all the reasons why. My question however is: Is anyone else experiencing a backlog from items sent last Tuesday (after the bank holiday)? I’ve sent hundreds of items from Wednesday onwards that haven’t had any issues but there seems to be numerous items sent on that particular day that are stuck in the system.

I’ve heard from one other person that they have the same problem but its now 8 days later and still nothing moving.

Thanks

Tags: Bank account
189 replies
189 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_vF6jbeUX0Fp0k
In reply to: Seller_XDzJ9YBdCj3SY’s post

just got off of the phone with royal mail to ask if i can cancel the labels of the orders people are asking me for refund for that were sent on this day and have the item returned to sender (the answer was no).
it seems royal mail are sticking to their longest date to deliver an item in their terms and conditions as he said something posted on the 14th would not even be considered late for another 2 days.

Ive had 5 refund requests this morning for orders dated on the 14th and ive switched to 24 hour delivery for everything. Honestly just wondering if i should shut shop for a few weeks.

user profile
Seller_HRqC7Eq5Rjcr4

For the items we sent on Tuesday 14th all delivered between 16th and 20th.

These were all 2nd class signed (signed for not tracked) which is the lowest of the low in terms of prioritisation for Royal Mail.

Its amazing that some still got there within 2 days to be honest.

user profile
Seller_I3E6fQQqOFqlF

I’m still getting where’s my stuff messages from the 14th along with “it says I can have a refund”. I asked SS about that and they said their policy is the same as normal, a refund is given when the item is returned. I have only given out two refunds which were on parcels sent out at an earlier date, and GPS showed it had gone to a wrong address.

user profile
Seller_Ce8pCzhbVPubz

So far we’ve had 11 customers contact us saying they haven’t received their orders which we posted on 14th and 15th. As yet, no complaints about orders posted after those two dates.

I know there are severe delays in some area but i’m sure RM are doing their best in very difficult circumstances. So far my customers have been pretty understanding but i’m not sure how much longer that will continue.

user profile
Seller_LPQTXAx3oIrLt

Sadly this will destroy a lot of our accounts, and nothing we can do about it. I am receiving constant negative feedbacks, A-Z complaints, and also the obvious HUGE amount of emails asking where there items are. I have just responded to some selfish thing telling me to “sort it out”. lol.

Also getting sick of the “well everything else I ordered from other sellers has come…” replies.

user profile
Seller_Ysh1WFt3MGNvM

Have you been giving refunds? What is the best way forward, as we too have received 4 refund requests this morning.

user profile
Seller_i6jjXveUbb9mt

I think next bank holiday weekend I will delay handing over to RM - sending later will mean orders get there quicker?!

user profile
Seller_Ce8pCzhbVPubz

I’ve create a spreadsheet of all the orders that i’ve had enquiries about and included the RM delivery confirmation number so I can keep checking the status at regular interval… just had my first one changed to ‘Delivered’ at 10:39 this morning, posted on 15th…. fingers crossed it’s the start of many.

user profile
Seller_Jj3RbP7yEYxg1

Out of 147 items posted 14th April up to yesterday only 28 were delivered,
negs are being given, buyers are starting to be demanding it’s a nightmare,

maybe if the media reported on the backlog it would help?

user profile
Seller_bVDbGCVpgG4Di

Less then half of the ones we sent on the 14th have arrived. All of the ones sent 15th, 16th, 17th have arrived. New enquiries constantly the last few days. I think I will have to charge for delivery and send via courier next bank holiday. Either that or just pull the listings.

Go to original post