user profile
Sign in
user profile

Set up vacation mode for your account on New Year’s Day holiday

by News_Amazon

If you are not operating on the New Year’s Day holiday, ensure that your account is set to vacation mode to avoid overlooking any orders that will affect your performance.

Account Health Support (AHS) will be closed on January 1, 2022, and resume operations on January 2, 2022.

For more information, go to Listing status for vacations, holidays and other absences.

Tags: News and announcements
37 replies
37 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_GGzDKOkzQyKkd
In reply to: News_Amazon’s post

This announcement from Amazon does not make sense.

Has it escaped your attention that 1st and 2nd January are Saturday and Sunday, then Monday is a statutory holiday in England to make up for 1st Jan being at a weekend. Royal Mail does not make deliveries or collections in England on statutory holidays 1st, 2nd, or 3rd January this year

In Scotland, Monday and Tuesday are statutory holidays to make up for 1st and 2nd being at a weekend. Royal Mail does not make deliveries or collections in Scotland on 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th January this year.

I don’t know the statutory holidays in Wales or Northern Ireland, but they will be similar.

We go through this every year and Amazon never understands UK holidays. They still don’t understand that the UK is 4 different countries and each has its own statutory holidays. Royal Mail staff are entitled to these statutory holidays and take them in the country where they are located.

user profile
Seller_5mLDKnKu2zhvV

We’re you at a cheese and wine party before posting this?

user profile
Seller_NtainYGNJzxWJ

Oh Amazon,

The issue here is that this confuses the process of turning OFF Holiday mode.

We are due to switch orders back on the evening of the 31st (the first posting day being the 4th, and orders should show a despatch date of the 4th in England). This makes it look like there’s a chance you can’t do that?

I am going to just presume (like you guys) that this is total nonsense and carry on as we have done for 11 years.

Amazon, if you could kindly clarify (or preferably revoke) your statement.

Couldn’t let us have a few days without needless confusion could ya’?

user profile
Seller_nzd3XpaZpr8Gb

Presumably this means I don’t actually have to do anything? IE New Year’s day is already set as a holiday:

user profile
Seller_rlFYHgR4eh5Fp

The irony of the last sentence where they state amazon will be closed

user profile
Seller_DTufFoxJuMU0M

I am having problems as there are no Royal mail collections tomorrow (only if you pay for Saturday collections apparently)

I have changed my dispatch time to 2 days (up from 1 day) to accomodate this, yet Amazon are still taking orders, hours after I changed it, and telling me to dispatch tomorrow…

Honestly you just can’t win. I tell them I need 2 days, they say tough post it tomorrow!

user profile
Seller_xiJDmtQr1x151

Has anyone had any issues with orders on other EU Marketplaces which should of been dispatched on 27/28th December?
The EU marketplaces do not seem to pick up that since the selling account is based in the UK 27/28th are public holidays the dispatch by date should be pushed off like it is on any other bank holiday.
I am seeing the same issue with orders which need to go out on 03 January, there is no option in the holiday settings on the EU Marketplaces to add this day to the list of holidays.
SS has been unhelpful, can anyone shed any light here please?

user profile
Seller_7VbclcPFFRTnc

Hopefully they’ll relook at next years Christmas ‘holiday’ dates in the shipping settings as they currently only have 25th December as Christmas day , but 25th is a Sunday in 2022 so Monday 26th and Tuesday 27th are the actual Bank Holidays

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post