Severe Depression Due Account Suspension Help Required

I swear to God I am at the point of going into severe depression due to the way Amazon is treating me as some sort of throw away trash and I just do not know what to do.

My account was suspended due to Copyright Violation. I listed a set of Latte Glass against 2 similar listing not knowing that the brand was trademarked. I received a warning and I removed all listings straight away. 2 weeks later I received a notification that my account has been suspended. I put my hands up and admit I messed up and can not pleased ignorance. This was on the 12th of March. I was then asked to submit a plan of action which I have now sent 7 times but I keep on getting the same response. Why is Amazon not telling me exactly what they require. I am not even sure if it is a real person or bot that is replying back to me. I am at my wits end and do not know what to do. My livelihood is from selling on Amazon and without it I am done for. With this current climate I will not even be able to get a job. I would really appreciate if anyone could help me get out of this hole.

Original message from Amazon that I have now received 7 times after every reply I give:

Hello,

Thank you for submitting your plan of action. We reviewed your appeal and determined that it is missing the following information. Please include the missing information listed below in your plan of action:

– Greater detail on the root cause(s) of the infringement.

– Greater detail on the actions you have taken to resolve the infringement issues.

– Greater detail on the steps you have taken to prevent infringement going forward.

Has your account been deactivated in error?
If you believe there has been an error, please tell us why. Your explanation should include the following information:

– How your listing(s) have not violated the brand’s intellectual property.

Where do I send this information?
Please submit this information by clicking the Appeal button on Account Health (https://sellercentral-europe.amazon.com/performance/dashboard).

What happens if I do not send the requested information?
If we do not receive the requested information within 17 days of the original suspension notification, your account will remain deactivated.

ASIN: 9437549664
B07RBBK7JR
Complaint ID: 5941321512

These are all of my responses that I have given and I keep on getting the same reply without any further guidance.What am i doing wrong.

Submission 6

17 March 2020 11:50 GMT
Additional information
Dear Sir / Madam
Thank you very much for giving me another opportunity to reactivate my account. Today is a new day and I hope the information you have asked for is adequate enough and my account can be reinstated.

Below is a response to your last email:
Please make sure all corrective actions have been completed to be in compliance with your plan of action:

My plan of action states the following:

1. My inventory of around 300 items have been removed and no further items will be sold until I am 100% sure that no infringements are occurring.
  2. If there is a chance of an infringement taking place then I must seek the permission of the brand owner before listing products.
  3. With regards to the current infringements that have taken place, I have reached out the to brand owners via email along with sending an appeal via the “Account Health” tab via Amazon. I have explained my mistake to them and am waiting on their response. I take full responsibility for my action which was to sell a different brand of item to the listed brand.
  4. Any violation notice received from Amazon must be responded and dealt with immediately.
    5.All future products added must match the same brand name, model number and ASIN before listing. Along with this all future products must be regularly checked for copyright violations.
  5. If any of above are different and I wish to list then a new listing must be created by myself under my own brand.
    7.I have clearly understood and have educated myself on all Amazon polices especially Amazon Intellectual Property Policy so this issue never happens again.
  6. Future items will only be sourced from reputable authorized sellers of products that do not infringe on any other companies copy rights.
  7. 3rd Party software will be implemented to help stop this issue from reoccurring such as Bindwise but not limited to.
  8. It is fully my responsibility as a seller to make sure no companies copyrights are being infringed upon.
  9. permission must be obtained from brand owner before selling product. If permission is not received then item must NOT be sold.

I take full responsibility for my violation of Amazon’s intellectual property rules and if my account is reinstated I assure you this issue will never happen again.

Submission 5
16 March 2020 12:24 GMT
Additional information
Dear Sir / Madam

I totally understand now the error I have made after reading Amazon Intellectual Property Policy and I own up to my mistake. My error was to list a different product against a product that was different hence violation and infringement of another company and to break Amazon policies. Along with this my full inventory has been removed and deleted from Amazon. No product will be sold on Amazon by myself until a 3 step procedure is followed by myself.
Please find below information you have requested.

-I did not get in touch with the rights owner before seeking permission with owner before selling offending products thinking the problem would just go away.
-I sold on another owners listing with out checking if the brand, ASIN, model number was the same as my product.
-The product should not have been sold against another brand or company
-I did not respond to notice from Amazon with regards to Intellectual property Violation
-The product brand that I listed was Fig&Olive and should have been kitchen stars or St@llion respectively.

– Greater detail on the actions you have taken to resolve the infringement issues.

-Contact has been made with the companies that trademark that I have infringed upon to apologies for my mistake and to let them know this will never happen again. Companies kitchen stars and St@llion
-Offending products have been removed from sale and deleted.
-Offending product purchased by customer has received a full refund and message sent explaining my error. Order ID 026-9032223-2942737

– Greater detail on the steps you have taken to prevent infringement going forward.

-My full inventory has been deleted. I do not want to take a risk of further infringement as I have taken a three step plan of action before listing any items in future which include but are not limited to:

1. Do I have the right to sell the product
  2. Do the product model number and brand match exactly the same as the listing
  3. Have I been given permission from the brand owner to sell their products.
    If I have any doubt if a product is not allowed to be sold then it will not be listed.
    -For future product will be listed against any page until I have permission or a product page will be created by myself under my own brand name such as Fig&Olive with out breaking any of Amazons policies.
    -Any notice received from Amazon with regards to Intellectual Property Violations will be addressed immediately.
  • To keep my self update with all of Amazon polices by reviewing Amazon guides.

I hope the information is sufficient enough and my account is reinstated so I can sell on Amazons platform again.

Submission 4
15 March 2020 14:30 GMT
Additional information
Complaint ID: 5936322602

Dear Sir / Madam

Thank you for giving me another opportunity to resolve this matter and reinstate my account.

1. What Went Wrong

I had mentioned in my previous message that the copyright of Latte glass was due to an error on my side. With regards to the other 2 products being infringed:

Crayola My First Dough ABC
Nivea Rich Moisture Gift Set with Moisture Smooth Shower Cream, Indulgent Body Lotion with Shea butter and Shower Puff

The Crayola product was purchased from a wholesaler in Glasgow and the product is a Crayola brand. I have attached a picture of the product. I did not realise that I could not sell against a listing that another seller had made.

With regards to the Nivea product, this was an unwanted present. The actual item was an original Nivea product purchased from a high street store. My error was to list the product against a listing that was not owned by Nivea but by the seller.

1. What I have done to fix the problem.

I have removed all offending listings from sale as soon as I was made aware and did not relist any offending products that would infringe on any business copyrights.

Along with this I have checked and rechecked my inventory as to make sure that no business is infringed and rules and regulations are followed.

Before listing any further products I will make sure all Amazon guidelines are followed and no violations occur especially infringing on any other companies.

1. What I have done to make sure this issue does not occur again.

I have put procedures in place to research each product before listing.
These steps include but are not limited:

-Getting in touch with the brand owner to confirm I am allowed to sell their products before listing
-I must create my own product pages from start and create my own brand. This was I will not infringe on any other companies copyrights in the future.
-To use Amazons Brand Registry service to create my own brand and not infringe on any other company.

I have made myself aware of Amazon selling policies via the guide “Amazon Intellectual Property Policy” to make sure this issue never happen again. All products will be purchased from reputable suppliers. I have also checked and rechecked my current inventory to make sure no infringement is taking place and no copyright violations are being broken.

My aim will always be to give Amazon customer an excellent buying experience and to follow all Amazon guideline polices fully.

Kind regards and let me know if you require any further information.

Submission 3

14 March 2020 11:41 GMT

Additional information
Dear Sir / Madam

Thank you for giving me this opportunity to reinstate my account.
I take to selling on Amazon very seriously and my priority is always to make sure that all of my Amazon customers are 100% satisfied with their products and service. Along with this I would never break any of Amazons policies and risk having my account banned as I make my livelihood from Amazon and also I really enjoy selling on Amazon and being part of such a great company. In fact only last month I took my children to visit Amazon Warehouse in Dunfermline, Scotland and was left totally proud to be selling via Amazon and to be part of this organisation.

The reason for the infringement was due to an error on my side. I did not realise the item I was selling against was trademarked. There was no intentional malice or bad intentions from my side. I would never break any of Amazons policies and infringe on any other business copyright.

The reason for the infringement was due to the latte glass being the same size and shape. I was under the impression I could sell this product as there where other sellers selling against the listing. I now understand this to be totally incorrect. Just because other sellers are selling against a listing does not give me the right to sell against that listing until all Amazon guidelines are followed.

The products that where infringing were immediately removed from sale once I had received notification from Amazon. Along with this I have sent out an email to the brand owners letting them know of my mistake. I have attached a copy of the email I sent to business owners of items related to : ASIN: 9437549664 and B07RBBK7JR

A full refund was also issued to the buyer of the latte glasses and email sent apologizing for the error.

After receiving notification of suspension of my account I have made myself aware of Amazon selling policies via the guide “Amazon Intellectual Property Policy” to make sure this issue never happen again. All products will be purchased from reputable suppliers. I have also checked and rechecked my current inventory to make sure no infringement is taking place and no copyright violations are being broken.

Moving forward if selling a product such as latte glass I must, according to Amazon guidelines create my own listing and not infringe on any other seller. I must also check if an item being sold by myself is not infringing on any other sellers copyright. If I feel there is any doubt what so ever I must reach out to the seller and obtain their permission before selling that product. A few listing that I am not certain of have been removed from my inventory in last few days.

I take full responsibility for my account being suspended and will make sure this or any other issues that violate Amazon selling policies do not take place.

Please let me know if you would like any further information from myself.

Submission 2

13 March 2020 12:27 GMT

Additional information
Dear Sir / Madam
Thank you for giving me this opportunity to resolve this matter.
Find below information as per your request.

Proof of product authenticity (e.g., invoice, Order ID, licensing agreement, letter of authorization)

Invoices attached showing my supplier details who are reputable wholesalers.

I believe the root cause of my suspension is due to a listing of Latte Glass and infringing on companies kitchen stars and St@llion. I listed a different brand of product to their listing.

The item that I had listed and infringed was a set of 2 Latte Glass 240ml by Fig & Olive (Picture attached) My understanding was that the latte glasses were generic as these type of latte glasses are a standard shape and size. When I searched for “Latte Glass” in Amazons catalogue multiple search results appeared with the exact same shape, size and style of latte glass I had. I then proceeded to list against the current listings thinking that due to the products being the same there would be no infringement which I now understand to be totally incorrect and a violation of Amazon Intellectual Property Policy.

Moving forward if I want to sell a similar product I must create my own listing as not to infringe on any other companies copyrights.

As soon as I received notification from Amazon with regards to the Latte glass being infringing on another business, my listing was removed straight away. I had also made contact with one of my customers who had made me aware the product was not the same they had ordered. Customer RockaHoppa Trading I R Bhoola Order ID 026-9032223-2942737 who had left me a bad review as I regularly check my feedback to keep my customers totally satisfied. Since then I have had a full refund issued to the customer and have also followed that up with them via a message. Also all Latte Glasses from my inventory have been removed so as to make sure no further infringements are caused along with multiple listings being removed from my inventory were I am not confident that there are no infringements until I received further clarification.

Before listing any further products I will make sure all Amazon guidelines are followed and no violations occur especially infringing on any other companies.

Moving forward my inventory has been checked and rechecked to make sure there are no possibilities of any infringements being caused in the future. Any products that I am not sure of that may cause infringements have been removed until I receive further notification from the brand owner and can get written confirmation from them if I am allowed to sell their products along with reaching out to Amazon for further clarification. No products will be listed unless I am 100% sure that I am allowed to sell those products with out causing any brand infringements, trademark or copyright.

Along with this I have read the guide from Amazon Intellectual Property Policy multiple times to make myself aware of making sure all of Amazons policies are followed.

I hope my account can be reinstated and I am allowed to sell on Amazon. I do apologies for all the inconvenience caused and will make sure this never happens again. Please let me know if you require any further information from myself.

Submission 1

12 March 2020 18:03 GMT

The root cause of the issue
Dear Sir / Madam
I would first like to state that I take to selling on Amazon very seriously and would never sell products intentionally that would infringe on intellectual property rights. Amazon Policies are very important and my livelihood comes from selling on Amazon so I would never risk that.

The main issue is that I have listed those products under the impression that they can be sold by myself due to the fact the products are brand names that I can sell such as Nivea and Crayola. For example one of the products I had listed against a live listing. This was against a listing created for Nivea. I have multiple listings with Nivea products but was not aware that this particular Nivea product would infringe any copy rights. It is only once I had received notification from Amazon that I had realised there had been an infringement.

Also a product I was sending was drop shipped and I had contacted the customer straight away to let them know this.

The actions that you have taken to resolve the issue
As soon as I had received notice of infringement the listing was deleted straight away and not relisted.

I also offered a full refund on the product once I was told by the customer the brand was not what they had ordered.

I have attached the message I sent.

The steps that you have taken to prevent the issue going forward
I have made sure all my current listings are not in any way against Amazon Copyright Policies. The listing were I am not 100% sure if they are intellectual Property protected have also been deleted as I will not infringe on any companies trademark.

Al products will now be physically checked by myself to make sure they are original products and not infringing on anyone copyrights.

Along with this I have also thoroughly read:
https://sellercentral-europe.amazon.com/gp/help/help.html?itemID=201361070

The guide has helped me better understand Amazon Intellectual Property Policy and to make sure this error never happens again.

Account Suspended. Please Help. I just dont know what to do

Have you considered contacting the seller of this product and asking them to withdraw their complaint, with the promise that you won’t relist the item?

Then possibly present this to Amazon.

Hi Apparels Direct. Yes I have already emailed both sellers and asked them to withdraw the complaint. and sent proof of communication to Amazon. I have not heard anything back from both sellers. Email was sent over 3 days ago.Thanks

Your POA does not address the “why” at all.
You have told Amazon what you did, but they already know that and suspended you foit.
They want to see that you understand why what you did was incorrect and have now both rectified that, addressing any issues caused by your error, and then made changes to your business model so that this will never be repeated for any item in future.

Delete all of that, it is total fluff that adds nothing to your POA as it neither shows that you understand your error, nor demonstrates how you have reacted to the complaint.

Why…
Amaon want to understand why you were not aware of th issue and see that you have now learnt how to determine if a listing would infringe copyright.

That is a different issue and needs it’s own root cause and corrective measures…
It isn’t a copyright issue.

Your resolution section is woeful.
You deleted the listing and refunded a customer…
What about where you read Amazon policy pages or the internet to improve your knowledge? Name and link all such pages.
What about your sourcing/ Have you amended your sourcing methods, if so how, exactly?
And your listing methods? what changes have you already implemented to ensure this can’t happen again?

You need much more in here than you currently have.

How exactly?
If you didn’t get it right last time what have you learnt and what have you changed so that Amazon can be sure you do not have any more offending listings now, and won’t ever have again?

How will you verify this?
Will you be checking against any databases? If so name and link them.
You need to demonstrate that you now have the ability to correctly identify a problem item and not list it, at the moment you show no proof of your new found skills.

Again, this section needs more detail [not masses of length but quality of info, which is currently conspicuous by it’s absence.]

Your whole plan needs a complete overhaul before it stands any chance, IMO. but if you provide sufficient detailthen you should be OK.
Retractions from the RO would also be a big help.

Thanks Adrian for your post. Really appreciated. Just sending Amazon my POA now

Hello @Ecom11,

After going through your post, I understand your account has been suspended for intellectual property violations and you need help in drafting a strong plan of action.

To get the plan of action right, you would need to focus on what led to the violation, clearly outline the misses which will be your root cause. Once you have identified the root cause, then you can build you appeal with root cause, what measures you took to correct them and how will you prevent this from happening in future.

Every appeal must contain 3 points.

1. Rootcause:

I’d agree with @Adrian here.

When an account is taken down for any policy violation, the seller performance team expects that our sellers understand why the action was taken and also check if they understood the policy.

You also need to make sure that your appeal is specific to the reason why your account was suspended.

I appreciate that you are acknowledging the mistake that happened unknowingly. Please make sure you put this point in the appeal.

1. Corrective Measures taken to solve this issue:

Removing or deleting the existing inventory is only a corrective measure but doesn’t assure that this wouldn’t be repeated again.

1. Preventive measures for future-

Describe in detail about what steps you will implement and follow in order to make sure your listings are accurate and do not infringe.

I’d agree with @Adrian again on:

You need to make sure the precautionary steps works for your business model.

I’d suggest you take a look at the help page: https://sellercentral-europe.amazon.com/gp/help/G201361070 in order to understand the violation better and send your updated appeal.

Once our team reviews it, they will help you accordingly.

Thanks,
Elena

Hi Elana. Thank you for your response. I really do appreciate your help and guidence.
Below is my latest response sent over an hour ago before I received your message on the forum. I do hope it is adequate enough.

18 March 2020 11:42 GMT

Additional information
Dear Sir/Madam
Please find below information you have requested:

-The reason for the infringement taking place was because I listed a different brand of product to a totally different brand on Amazon product page.
-The violating brand was Fig&Olive Latte Glass. The brand should have been Kitchen Stars or St@llion respectively.
-My thinking was because these products are exactly the same Latte Glass then I can sell these products without any issue.
-The ASIN Barcode, Model No. should have matched.

-I have reached out to both companies who’s products I have infringed upon and sent them both an email explaining my error. No response has been received so I have sent them both a written statement via post requesting the complaint being withdrawn and to apologies. Letter is attached.
-The listings have been deleted from my inventory and item removed from sale

-In future if I receive any notice from Amazon stating that I violated any other companies copyright, I must get in touch with company immediately and address issue.
-All issues must be resolved with companies that have bought forward complaint and item removed from sale until issue is resolved.
-My supplier list has been vetted as to make sure all future products I purchase are 100% authentic.
-I have learnt that permission will be obtained from brand owners before listing products that infringe on their
trademark/copyright. No products will be sold of brand owner until confirmation is received from brand owner.
-To read up on Amazon Seller Forum to keep myself updated on Infringement and Amazon policies.

• Future products will be listed via ASIN and barcode as to make sure it is exactly the same product being sold against the respective product page on Amazon. These products should be on Amazons product catalogue and if there is a problem then to not list.

I hope the information you have requested is adequate to have my selling privileges restored.

Just received the same dreaded reply back again. I have been unsuccessful :frowning:

Hello,

Thank you for submitting your plan of action. We reviewed your appeal and determined that it is missing the following information. Please include the missing information listed below in your plan of action:

hat happens if I do not send the requested information?
If we do not receive the requested information within 17 days of the original suspension notification, your account will remain deactivated.

ASIN: 9437549664, B07RBBK7JR
Complaint ID: 5943494342

Thatis still you stating the “what” which Amazon already know, you need the “why”
Why did you make these mistakes?

Do you think this is adequate

-The Product details where not the same model or brand of the product that I violated.
-I did not search the Amazon product catalouge for the exact same product but searched for a similar product and brand.
-When I received notice of the infringement I did not deal with matter immediately.
-The infringement was caused due to an error by myself which I totally accept.

Frankly, no.

I would be expecting things like, I am inexperienced, I was unaware, I hadn’t read the policies fully, then, I did not.

You need to take personal responsibility for the errors, then you can address and reassure Amazon how you will avoid repeating the mistake(s).

Latest response to be rejected with same response. Not sure if it is a human or bot reading my message

Additional information
Dear Sir / Madam
I take full responsibility for my error and have below written out my plan of action so that I do not repeat this error again.

-The root cause of the infringement was because the product I offered was not the same model or brand of the product that I violated.
-I did not search the Amazon product catalouge for the exact same product but searched for a totally different product and brand which I listed.
-When I received notice of the infringement I did not deal with matter immediately and did not got in touch with the seller and Amazon to rectify issue straight away.

-The listings have been deleted from my inventory and item removed from sale

I have read over Amazon Intellectual Property Policy to educate myself on Intellectual Property Policy via the link below.
https://sellercentral.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/external/G201361070?language=en_GB
-I have carefully reviewed all my products to make sure they are in line with all of Amazons policies especially with regards trademark and intellectual property
-I have been in touch with the intellectual owner to let them of my mistake.

-I understand In future if I ever receive any notice from Amazon stating that I violated any other companies copyright, I must remove item from sale and get in touch with company immediately and address issue.
-All issues must be resolved with companies that have bought forward complaint and item removed from sale immediately until issue is resolved.
-I have learnt that permission must be obtained from brand owners before listing products that infringe on their trademark/copyright. If not then product will not be offered for sale.
-Have read up on Amazon Intellectual Property Policy to keep myself educated on Infringement and Amazon policies.
https://sellercentral.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/external/G201361070?language=en_GB

Future products will be listed via product model number or barcode as to make sure it is exactly the same product being sold against the respective product page on Amazon. These products should be on Amazons product catalogue. If there is any doubt then product will not be offered for sale.
-If product is allowed to be sold and not infringing on any other seller, then I must create my own listing on Amazon under my own name.

Thank you for the opportunity to have my account reinstated.
I have learnt from my mistake and will make sure this issue will never happen again by adhering to my plan of action.

Kind regards

You only get a limited number of ‘attempts’ before they start telling you then may no longer respond and your account will remain deactivated.

I know it is frustrating but I would strongly advise putting your next POA up here for comment before submitting it as doing it the way you are is going to result in a bad outcome.

In addition to what Peter has advised I’d recommend that you concentrate on the why of this situation. Amazon want to know why you did what you did. So lack of knowledge? Lack of experience? Working at speed and not having a stringent checking protocol before listing?

The point of the why is so that you can recognise not just what went wrong but why it did so that you can then address it specifically in your third section which explains what you have implemented going forward to ensure it doesn’t happen again.

edit…sorry Peter was meant to be directed at OP not you.

Sorry to jump on the thread , but how do you do a POA when you cannot find a complaint?
I had the usual, used not new, but for the life of me I simply cannot find it. Again apologises for jumping in but there a some pretty smart people here helping Ecom11 out, I’m just frustrated at not being able to find a complaint that I can address.
Best of luck with your POA Ecom11

If you cannot find anything specific then talk about probabilities. Might packaging have been damaged? You could review and inspect all items to ensure quality. Quality check from your suppliers etc.

It is harder to defend when you don’t know what you are batting against of course.

Hello Peter
I have to admit I think I have just about given up, I just cannot get my head into the mindset that everybody is guessing what they want. No one really knows or the appeals would be straight forward, tell them what they need to know once you understand what in most cases you have falsely been found guilty of, without one ounce of proof it would seem in most cases. I even have messages for the buyer that they items were not defective they just wanted to change the size, but customer support advised them to say it was defective in order to get free returns?? So I passed on that info again as per usual totally ignored. Amazon is becoming a more and more of a faceless monster that is getting out of control, and we are just the muck under its shoe!

Absolutely Fantastic Respond! Thanks.