user profile
Sign in
user profile

Shipping pallets, using the right labels?

by Seller_ljD3XQzeLNcCs

Hi all, this image is my visualization of our first and upcoming pallet shipment to FBA Germany. I’ve been through several official Amazon guidelines, requirement pages, and this forum as well. Not all scenarios are covered in all details as I see it. I hope I got everything correct though.

Comments and feedback are much appreciated

Note: The product is pet food, hence the need for FNSKU and expiry date. Box is the individual sellable unit/item that goes to the customer without a master carton. Box is designed as a Ships in Own Container (SIOC). Each box is 4 kg. We’re the manufacturer, brand owner, and have Amazon Brand Registry too. Boxes in image are not the actual boxes.

Shipment setup:

BOX
FNSKU label on box
Expiry Date DD-MM-YYYY label on box, font size 36 (actual wording will be Best By DD-MM-YYYY). Still not sure it has to be font size 36, but won’t risk not to have it.
Ready To Ship printed directly onto the box

PALLET – OUTSIDE STRECH WRAP
• 4x Pallet # label: Pallet # X of X, placed on all 4 sides. Question: Printed from Seller Central, or one you make yourself?
• 4x FBA Pallet label, placed on all 4 sides (in the top center)
• 4x Carrier label, placed on all 4 sides. Question: Printed from Seller Central, or one you make yourself/or with carrier?
• 4x Single ASIN Pallet label, placed on all 4 sides. Question: Should we type Single SKU Pallet instead? I assume we create this label outside Seller Central.

So as you see: No FBA box ID labels used as there are no outer boxes (master cartons) on the pallet. Ready To Ship boxes only need an FSNKU label (product label), as I understand it.

Honestly, I started to get confused of all the names for labels: carton label, shipping label, shipment label, box label, pallet label, carrier label… I hope I get it right now. Let me know if I mix things up.

Question: Should any of the text on labels be in German?

PALLET
• Interlocked stacking
• Max 500 kg including the weight of the pallet (25 kg)
• Max 180 cm in height
• Stretch wrapped in clear plastic with ‘do not break stretch wrap’ or ‘do not break down’ notification to the carrier. Question: Is that a label we put on the wrap?
• 800x1200 mm Euro pallet (as it goes to Germany)

With the above I believe we comply with the official Amazon requirement:

Each pallet must be labelled with the Vendor Name, To and From address, PO numbers, Number of cartons, and Pallet #____ of _____ pallets in the upper right corner of one of the sides of the unitised load so that it can be easily located visually.

Thank you all.

Tags: FBA, Fulfilment Centre, Shipping, Shipping labels
12 replies
12 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_esvgLzKXw2YAl
In reply to: Seller_ljD3XQzeLNcCs’s post

I think that your overly concerned about this.
Stop worrying about font’s etc, as long as the labels are legible, there isn’t an issue.
For single item, in a single box, on a pallet.
All that is required is the FNSKU label and the pallet labels.
For multiple items in a box, it needs an FNSKU label on each item, a box label and the pallet labels.

Pallet label X 4 on each pallet, generated in the shipment.
Carrier label, unless your using UPS via Amazon, it’s from the carrier and only requires one label.

All labels (except the courier) are provided by Amazon. The information on them is sufficient.

No idea about german language on labels as don’t ship outside UK.

Read the sentence again.

user profile
Seller_7sJP7UYvGQ7jN

Sorry for opening again the post but I can’t find a clear answer anywhere. Is it possible to send single unit boxes directly on pallet without the box labels? We pack our product with styrofoam and then we put it in a box. Can we put 90 boxes on pallet only with FNSKU labels?

user profile
Seller_YABfqWud58MKM

Looks like you have pretty much everything covered!
Provided that the pallet contains a single Sku, carton labels should not be required since each carton is a single unit.
The only thing I might add is a label on the units stating “Multi item set - Do not split”
This should help to avoid the warehouse staff thinking they are cartons of multiple sellable units and breaking them open.
Good luck!

user profile
Seller_YABfqWud58MKM

Trust me, the guys in the warehouse see millions of brown boxes every day and it’s not always immediately obvious if they need to open it or process as a single unit. If they are not thinking, they can easily make a mistake here. Also, it doesn’t make a difference whether it’s a pallet shipment or small parcel. The pallets can get broken down and the units spread around the FBA centres so many employees will be touching them throughout the process and having to make that decision…

user profile
Seller_YABfqWud58MKM

Congratulations, you’ve been very lucky

user profile
Seller_yAs0B2NnEW41l

Can someone advise that if the pallet is single unit boxes but mixed SKU’s do i need to put the carton labels on as well as the FNSKU labels? I presume so as the system seems to want me to print both but have seen that putting 2 labels on a box can confuse things

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post