user profile
Sign in
user profile

"Signed For" For expensive books

by Seller_9UUlSlJeeHU0I

I now buy postage from Amazon and it is working fine. Touch wood! HOWEVER if I would be so lucky as to sell a really expensive book say £100 plus which before buying postage from Amazon I used to ship Registered Signed post, I am uneasy in buying the standard postage from Amazon for an expensive book Am I missing anything?

Tags:
50 replies
50 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_7VbclcPFFRTnc
In reply to: Seller_9UUlSlJeeHU0I’s post

You should be able to buy signed for postage on amazon and even special delivery if it were even more expensive

user profile
Seller_Rds42gzScDQFa

for a £100 book I would purchase special delivery. That’s good for up to 2 KG with up to £500 compensation.

user profile
Seller_taDBgt7LctucW

I generally consider what the book is worth to me, rather than what price I sold it for, when deciding what level of insurance I may need. Most £100 books that I sell go second class signed for and arrive without issue.

In doing so I’ve saved more than enough money to cover the odd one that may go missing.

user profile
Seller_xUKHc5xSYJmI4

Below is to confirm that the seller metric is hit even though the order was received by the customer but not scanned by Royal Mail.

user profile
Seller_LKjg1QRrO36Yq

Slightly off-topic, but relevant to first editions, maybe.

I received Policy Warning earlier for listing a CD under ‘collectible’.
It came with a bonus poster insert so arguably ‘collectible’ but I probably just clicked the wrong condition category when listing.

This is the bit in the warning that looks a bit ominous:
– For items listed under Collectibles condition, please provide photos of the exact product and either a Certificate of Authenticity, a Letter of Authorization, or any other document proving item and condition authenticity.

If this is enforced across the platform and becomes the norm, it looks a bit grim for those of us who list vintage first edition books and/or signed copies.

user profile
Seller_5CJa2fqeaWTem

Tracked 24 or 48 through click and drop gives you £100 cover, and much cheaper than special delivery.

user profile
Seller_v7w0TJ6tSBaF8

I stand corrected! Perhaps I have been unlucky and there are different interpretations in different offices. To be fair, my negative experience was 3 or 4 years ago and I haven’t lost any since - I hope I am not tempting fate!

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post