user profile
Sign in
user profile

Snow delays in delivery

by Seller_MxqcEg3g1mlnh

Hi I am surprised that Amazon have not come out with some Headline on the site, to warn customers of delivery delays.
As here in Lincolnshire we have had not post or carriers running since Tuesday, how are we supposed to get products delivered?
Help Please Amazon

Tags:
126 replies
126 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_zH0OvrbthbfOe
In reply to: Seller_MxqcEg3g1mlnh’s post

That’s 2 of us thinking the same at the same time. I am in west somerset. All the shops and stores have closed due to safety. The fire service is on lock down and the other emergency services are also on alert. There is no way a courier or any other person should be driving in these conditions (dangerous for them and others) and with the rest of the country already on Amber and Red alert Amazon need to ensure that they advise sensibly customers of delivery delays. I would imagine legally they have to due the Police etc issuing warnings.

user profile
Seller_MTcODSertSZgF

Yes, I agree, no way are delivery deadlines going to be met.
I have suspended expedited shipping in my settings and added a couple of days to all my standard settings. Its not ideal, but at least I am now making promises to the customer I can hopefully achieve.

user profile
Seller_PU1yxhYzMAOnt

RM just sent an email out and notice on their OBA dashboard that all guaranteed special delivery orders are cancelled due to the snow

user profile
Seller_lt0vdQSvuVUco

With this and other issues on the site, sellers with an ODR <1 are going to be a rare breed in a month or so. One can only summize that that’s what Amazon want.

user profile
Seller_KoyDfkwo4wrtG

I have just driven through really treacherous conditions to the post office and somehow managed to get back up the hill again to get back to my propery, only to find when I got there it was closed. There is no way I can get out of the village to the next one 3 miles away, and I would be taking an enormous risk just to find it is also closed. I am not sure tomorrow will be any easier here.

user profile
Seller_j4FKLU8LN0sZg

Er possibly the weather?

user profile
Seller_WeWektiY4a6Qn

Our postie never collected today, so I have all of today’s and some of yesterday’s sitting at the unit, I did book it all out so it does show as despatched but it just hasn’t physically left us.

It took a turn for the worst this afternoon

user profile
Seller_raHbBlmlsrkA9

Hi, this is feedback I received earlier this week:
“I ordered this item specifically because it said it could be delivered by Wednesday. Under ‘my orders’ it is still saying Wednesday. But when i track it it says now expected Thursday. I expect this on Wednesday. I don’t expect sellers on Amazon to lie. If i don’t have to on Wednesday i will report this seller for dishonesty, false advertising and not honouring contracts.”
However, this was an FBA product so if Amazon can’t get the communication right when dealing with their own customers I really can’t imagine they’ll do anything special for merchants.

user profile
Seller_iT7zAqkV2PQG7

I was due an FBA delivery today but received this email from Amazon:

“Hello (Name),
We were unable to deliver your package today because of bad weather.
We’ll e-mail you on the day we’re going to deliver it.
You can review or take action on your order in Your Account.”

So clearly Amazon are aware of the delivery situation because they cannot fulfil deliveries themselves.

user profile
Seller_w6wevyooKA8dx

We are a Seller Fulfilled Prime seller, we’ve had arctic lorry collections everyday this week from Amazon and they’ve delivered 100’s of our items today sent in yesterday. Hats off to them from our side, great service.

They did change the promise to 48/72 hours but have been delivering in 24 hours, exceeding the customer expectations so from our end we can’t complain at all.

Go to original post