Sole Proprietor to Ltd Company Information Request Help

Hello everyone,

I am currently trying to swap from sole proprietor over to ltd company and I have already gone through the transfer process and submitted the relevant documents for approval however I have one issue, I keep getting this same email sent to me for information and I guess I’m not answering it correctly. I have checked through the forums but can’t seem to find a perfect answer to these exact questions.

"Dear seller,

We are contacting you as we need some additional information.
Please reply to this message and provide the information listed below so we can review your account.

– The reason for changing the business registered on your Selling on Amazon account.
– The relationship between your current business and the new business you want to register.
– The name, including legal entity, of the new business you want to register, e.g., sole proprietorship, limited company, non-profit organization.
– Confirm if your current business will continue to exist.
– Confirm all beneficial owners of your current business. A beneficial owner is a natural person who directly or indirectly owns 25% or more of the shares or voting rights in your business.
– Confirm country of establishment of the new business.
– Confirm all beneficial owners of the new business.

Why did I receive this message?
We need some additional information to verify your account.
How do I send the required information?
Within 14 days, please reply to this email with the information listed above.

If you do not provide the requested information, your account will be restricted as follows:
– From October 1st, your funds will no longer be disbursed in any European Marketplaces.
– From October 15th, you will not be allowed to sell on Amazon’s European Marketplaces"

Now I obviously don’t want to have my funds stopped or be suspended so I just want to make sure I’m getting this right before I go ahead and send the information to the Amazon payments team for the 3rd time.

1. The reason for changing the business registered on your Selling on Amazon account.
Do I literally just say that I am changing the business registered on my Amazon account as the legal entity of the business has changed?

2. The relationship between your current business and the new business you want to register.
I honestly don’t understand this question. What do I put for this? I have been saying that the actions of the old business are the same as the new business.

3. Confirm if your current business will continue to exist.
I reply with ‘the current business will continue to exist until the new business replaces it’. Should I be saying something different here?

4.Confirm all beneficial owners of your current business. A beneficial owner is a natural person who directly or indirectly owns 25% or more of the shares or voting rights in your business.
For this question I simply state my name as I am the only beneficial owner of the current/new business. Is there anything else I should say or is that enough? Same thing goes for the following two questions.

Thank you anyone who is able to help me out here, got a bit of a scare when I received that email stating I had 15 days to get it correct and I can’t seem to find another forum post with these exact questions or a good response to them.

Hi,

Have you managed to find the answers to these questions?

Warm Regards

Something like this:
– The reason for changing the business registered on your Selling on Amazon account.
The business has reached a point where a decision has been made to change the legal entity to a Limited Company. This is due to the Limited structure being more helpful for longer-term plans.
– The relationship between your current business and the new business you want to register.
The current business will be transferred entirely into the Limited Company
– The name, including legal entity, of the new business you want to register, e.g., sole proprietorship, limited company, non-profit organization.
XYZ Ltd (UK company registration number: 123456789)
– Confirm if your current business will continue to exist.
The current business will be closed upon asset transfer into the Limited Company.
– Confirm all beneficial owners of your current business. A beneficial owner is a natural person who directly or indirectly owns 25% or more of the shares or voting rights in your business.
As a sole proprietor, the sole beneficial owner is Paul Jones.
– Confirm country of establishment of the new business.
United Kingdom
– Confirm all beneficial owners of the new business.
The sole beneficial owner will be Paul Jones.

Hi,

Have you menaged to pass the verification? I’m going through the same transfer now, but have not received any email or response to the information I provided. May I ask how long after you submitted the required documents did you receive this email with questions? Many thanks.