Ok so I’ve had an eBay business for a number of years. As a sole trader, so do self assessment tax returns, etc.
Thought it would be a good time to expand, so applied to set up an Amazon business.
Thought it would all be quite straight forward, as I had all the necessary docs.
Sent through a few things, rejected, then…
Get this they’re refusing to accept my welcome to self assessment UTR letter because it’s not dated within the last 90 days… you only get issued this letter once.
It even states it on their help page:
Sole Proprietors in the United Kingdom: You must provide the following documents from HMRC as a proof of Sole Proprietorship. Some of these documents are issued on a one-off basis, or they may be issued once in a year. In this case, you must provide the most recent HMRC document. They are as follows:
- Self-Assessment Welcome letter: This is issued only once
- Class 2 National Insurance Contributions bill
- Certificate of registration for Value Added Tax (VAT)
- Correspondence from HMRC acknowledging UTR number
- Notice to complete Self-Assessment Tax Return
- Utility Bill, Bank Statement or Credit Card Statement in the name of the Sole Proprietor or the Trading Name"
Can anyone help figure out what is going on here please?!