user profile
Sign in
user profile

Spelling mistake from Customer - customised item

by Seller_3FQizMkfJOrS5

Hi all,

I’m hoping someone can help on this one.

We sell business cards, in which the customer uses our template and provides their own information. They are even asked to check and approve their own design, by typing they they have checked it before ordering.

We have had a complaint message from a customer who made a spelling mistake and we’re trying to understand how to prevent a situation where they can just either get their money back, or damage our rating through no fault of our own… It seems that they can just get around the Amazon Returns Policy quite easily?

I’m sure some of you guys have come across this type of situation before - what would be the right way to set up so that we can fix problems that are genuine, such as damage in transit, and weed out others that are by the customer themselves?

I have attached the current settings for returns/refunds. Is there something we should change/add?

Thanks!
Aaron

Tags: Customer, Refunds
5 replies
5 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_ae51e0CJoHqCX
In reply to: Seller_3FQizMkfJOrS5’s post

To be honest you are actually pretty well covered by Amazon that are bespoke.
Do you use the customisation tool? If so you just ask them to send the image and you are only comparing the image with the record that you have for printing and as long as its the same you are covered.

On the returns, they have to put a reason but if you have customisation then they are limited to the reason and they will try putting wrong description on website or claim it is counterfeit.

As a matter of practice we always copy and paste to avoid errors on our part but you cannot be expected to cover their errors.

A-Z claims are difficult when the customer is claiming non receipt but Amazon do understand bespoke quite well and we do lots of customisations and do get the odd person saying the phone number is wrong. The last one I got, I just rejected it and never heard anything since. I had another whereby they just went back and reordered…

They cannot get around the Amazon policy and so far I have had nothing returned to me that has been bespoke whereby they have had their money returned and I would fight this no matter what.

user profile
Seller_ae51e0CJoHqCX
In reply to: Seller_3FQizMkfJOrS5’s post

sorry also forgot to mention that you can edit your own terms of service and you may want to make it clear that Bespoke orders are non returnable.

When you reject the return, it does ask you the reason and made to measure is the reason I put for refusal.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post