Suspended account - late shipment

Hi,
I am desperately looking for help. My account was suspended on 12th Dec due to my late shipment rate being over 4%. I have £1,500 tied up with amazon that was supposed to see me through January but amazon have still not released the money, I am also losing business every day. I have sent amazon so many emails with proof and greater detail but keep on getting the same automated emails back from them. At the end of December I got an email to say my account had been ‘transferred’ and that the relevant dept would deal with it as soon as possible but I have still heard nothing from them. Every time I email to ask where the case is up to I get the same automated email back asking for more information on root cause etc. Can anyone pleeeaase help? It’s really getting me down.
Thanks in advance!
Sharon

Hi Sharon.
Please post your suspension notification from Amazon, along with their latest response, and also your POA.
That way we can see what you have done so far and offer advice on how to amend your plan

I agree please post your latest POA so we can have a look … sometimes it all comes down to how you word your POA.

Thank you so much for getting back to me! I have been pulling my hair out with frustration! I have attached all info below, thanks again!

Here is the suspension notice from 12th Dec…

Dear Distinctively Personal,

We attempted to reach you by phone to discuss the status of your account.

Your Amazon seller account has been temporarily deactivated. Your listings have been removed. Funds may not be transferred to you but will stay in your account while we work with you to address this issue. Please ship any open orders to avoid further impact to your account.

Why is this happening?
More than 4% of orders were confirmed to have been shipped late. Late shipment rate should not exceed 4% and is calculated over 10 and 30 day windows. Amazon’s Late Shipment Rate Policy can be found at (https://sellercentral.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/200285190).

How do I reactivate my account?
To reactivate your account, please send a plan of action that explains:
– The root cause(s) of the late shipment confirmations
– The actions you have taken to resolve the late shipment confirmations
– The steps you have taken to prevent late shipment confirmations going forward

How do I send the required information?
Submit this information at

What happens if I do not send the requested information?
If we do not receive the requested information within 14 days your account will be permanently deactivated

We’re here to help
The Account Health Support team is available 7 days a week to address your concerns in detail. To request a call from the Account Health Support team between 09:00 – 17:00 (UK) use this link: {Moderator Edit (Jessica): Link removed} or between 9:00 to 5:00 China Standard Time use this link: {Moderator Edit (Jessica): Link removed}. Additionally, please find assistance creating a plan of action at (https://sellercentral.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/201623610).

Has your account been deactivated in error?
If you believe there has been an error, please submit an explanation. Your explanation should include the following information:
–Evidence or examples that demonstrate that your account complies with our Late Shipment Rate Policy

Sincerely,
Seller Performance Team

And here is their latest response…

Dear sharon loftus, We received your submission but do not have enough information to reactivate your account at this time. To reactivate your account, please send the following: – Greater detail on the actions you have taken to resolve late shipment confirmations. How do I send the required information? Click the Appeal button next to this message on the Performance Notifications page in Seller Central to submit the information at https://sellercentral.amazon.co.uk/performance/notifications?ref=ah_em_op. What happens if I do not send the requested information? If we do not receive the requested information within 14 days of the original notification, your account will remain deactivated. We’re here to help Please find assistance creating a plan of action at https://sellercentral.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/G201623610. You can view your account performance at https://sellercentral-europe.amazon.com/performance/dashboard?ref=ah_em_op or select Account Health on the home screen of the Amazon Seller app on your iOS or Android device. The Account Health dashboard shows how well your account is performing against the performance metrics and policies required to sell on Amazon. – Download iOS App at https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/amazon-seller/id794141485. – Download Android App at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.amazon.sellermobile.android&hl=en_GB.

Sincerely, Seller Performance Team Amazon.co.uk

I also received this email on 7th Jan after requesting a call back but never actually received call from them…

Hello from Amazon selling Partner Support,

As per your email, I understand that you want a call back from our end on 7th January.

In this regard, I would like to inform you that currently we are out of calling hours.

However, as you have provided the suitable time flame for calling of 11am - 12pm .

Hence, will call you tomorrow from 11am - 12pm .

Thank you for selling with Amazon.

And I also received this email on 7th Jan but I am still waiting on a response from the ‘concerned team’…

Hello from Amazon Selling Partner Support,

Thank you for contacting and for your continued patience.

Please note that we’ve already forwarded the issue to our concerned team. They are looking into your issue with high priority and I do apologize for the delay in resolving the issue.

Please note that if we transfer the case to our concerned team, the status will set to “Resolved”, but still the case is open, they will be getting back to you with an update in the same case.

I understand that this is an urgent issue so we are working hard to provide a prompt resolution.

Your patience is highly appreciated.

We will contact you again as soon as we have an update on this issue.

Thank you for selling with Amazon.

And this is the most recent POA I have sent…
Hi,

I am emailing in response to an email from amazon dated today… As per your email, my account has been suspended due to Late Shipment Rate and I have submitted a plan of action a few times since it has been suspended and also provided additional information but keep on getting the same messages back about you needing more information on root cause etc but never specific enough to know exactly what I am supposed to be sending. I am therefore sending the below plan of action to you and hope that this issue can be resolved asap as I have none of the funds from my Christmas sales which is the money that was supposed to see me and my family through January. Please see below my plan of action:

1. The root cause(s) of confirming shipment of your orders after the expected ship date, which impacted your Late Dispatch Rate (LDR)
  • I had an unexpected amount of sales based on my sales to date - especially for my ‘christmas in heaven plaques’… until December I had only sold a few but December saw sales rocket and I had to order more plaques from my supplier. Parcelforce then lost 2 of these orders and took a week to find them, I had to collect them from Parcelforce eventually but it meant that I was then a week behind on making up the plaques and getting them out.

• I also had a car crash on 5th Dec as another driver smashed in to my car and it was a write off, this knocked me back even further as I had no transport for a few days to get my parcels to the post office. I can provide proof of this if needed.

1. The actions you have taken to resolve orders not dispatched by the expected ship date
  • I updated everything as dispatched on my amazon account as soon as they were posted out and responded to queries from customers straight away.
  1. The actions you have taken to ensure your orders are confirmed as shipped by the expected ship date in the future
  • I will be ordering the christmas in heaven plaques and all other materials for the items I sell at the end of summer this year and will have enough made up to cover the Christmas period, I will also change my shipment dates if I find that I am struggling to get items out in time. If you need proof of the problems I had with parcelforce I can provide that, I can also provide proof of the crash I had

I would appreciate if you could respond to this email at your earliest convenience

Regards

Sharon Loftus (Distinctively Personal)

Hi Sharon.
Hope this helps.

In your POA you have the “root cause” as
1: Unexpectedly high volume of sales without having physical stock on hand

You need to explain why this happened [orders received with no stock on hand, why didn’t you set inventory levels to reflect actual stock in hand, why did you allow orders to accumulate?]
In your immediate steps section you explain what you did to resolve the issue [without going into a timeline story about parcelforce] and show what you have done to mitigate against this in the future [by holding larger quantities of stock, setting inventory levels to accurately reflect that stock on hand etc]

and
2: a sudden transport issue for which you had no back up plan in place.
Amazon don’t need to know the details of the car crash [next time it might be a mechanical breakdown, or punctured tyre etc] what they need to know is that you understand that having ANY sort of issue like this is problematic and should have been planned for.
In your “immediate actions” section you would detail what back up plan you have put in place to cover such a situation in the future [hiring a replacement vehicle, borrowing a friends car or even hiring a van and a man]
You also need to explain what steps you immediately took to resolve the late dispatches.

Then you need a third section to show what plans you will put in place, what future actions you will take, moving forward to prevent a recurrence of this issue.

Please post a revised POA prior to sending to Amazon, if you would like opinion on it
Good luck

Edited to add that I forgot to mention that increasing your handling times is also a very relevant and effective measure to counter late dispatch, especially in your circumstances when you do not want to stop sales, but might need extra time to make up the orders…

Hi Adrian,
Thank you so much for your help!

Is this POA any better? I would appreciate any feedback you have

1. The root cause(s) of confirming shipment of your orders after the expected ship date, which impacted your Late Dispatch Rate (LDR)

I had an unexpected amount of sales based on my sales to date - especially for my ‘christmas in heaven plaques’… until December I had only sold a few plaques but December saw sales rocket and I had to order more plaques from my supplier as I had run out of stock. I should have set inventory levels to reflect actual stock on hand but failed to do so.

Parcelforce then lost 2 of my plaque orders and took a week to find them, I had to collect them from Parcelforce eventually but it meant that I was then a week behind on making up the plaques and getting them out.

1. The actions you have taken to resolve orders not dispatched by the expected ship date

I updated everything as dispatched on my amazon account as soon as they were posted out and responded to queries from customers straight away. I also worked around the clock as soon as I received my shipment of plaques to get them made up and posted out as soon as I possibly could.

1. The actions you have taken to ensure your orders are confirmed as shipped by the expected ship date in the future

I now hold larger quantities of stock and will ensure repeat ordering of materials needed before they start to run low. I will also increase my handling times at busy periods when I might need extra time to make up orders. Once my account is up and running again I will set inventory levels for all items to reflect the stock on hand to prevent a recurrence of this issue in going forward.

Change that to Have Already increased Handling Times at all times (not just busy times just in case you get a random surge at Easter or Mothers Day)
and make sure that you have as they will check

Because my account has been suspended I can’t edit any of my listings to increase handling times

oh ok - just keep it to changing your handling time at all times

Thanks!

Do you think the rest of it is ok to submit?

You haven’t listened to what I said
You should focus on the overall problem not the individual one.
In this instance you had two issues
1: A loss of transport
In your revised appeal you have now dropped mention of this, but it is the easiest thing to deal with, as I suggested, you simply need to have a back up plan in case any other problem also causes a transport issue in future.
What if next week you twist your ankle? How would you transport your items then?
Not just for this POA but for your account health anyway make a back up plan that you can implement in case of need.

2: You are giving a timeline about Parcelforce issues but have not addressed why you were still accepting orders before your new supplies had arrived.
You cannot simply blame Parcelforce, you need to address why you didn’t have accurate inventory levels, didn’t have sufficient lead time to cover shipment delays by your supplier etc.
You need to show understanding of this otherwise Amazon will not have any confidence that another carrier delay of your raw materials won’t cause further late dispatches.
You need to format your POA into those 3 distinct sections
1: Root cause [not what happened but why]
2: Immediate corrective steps taken
[and so far you have not mentioned what you did to address the affected customers immediate concerns other than to say you responded to queries… ]
Lay out your steps in bullet point and add more detail
What you have so far is too vague.

What periods/ How long will you increase your handling times to? From how long before the event [Easter, Christmas etc] and what plan have you made in case of a sudden surge while your handling times are not extended?, or if another supply shipment is delayed?

3: Pro active steps for moving forward
You have nothing yet, but you need to show what you will do going forward to ensure continued compliance.
This may be where you mention how often you will check your metrics, or customer messages, and where you show any ideas you have to ensure a steady supply of raw materials in future…

Hello @ Distinctively_Person ,

We understand your account was taken down due to Late Shipment Rate.

To come up with a better plan of action, I would request you to address those issues in why Late Shipment rate was increased.

Root Cause: To understand in what would be the reason in why the Late Shipment Rate target was exceeded above the threshold. In my recommendation, it would be good if you could download the late dispatch rate report from seller central. The report will give the list of order ids that are impacting your account health.

• Corrective Measures: Once root cause is identified, mention what all steps you have taken in order to resolve the issue, you can mention this as your corrective steps towards resolution along with the suggestion in how the orders will be dispatched on time.
  • Preventive Steps: Going forward how you are going to make your account better so, that you are not falling again into the late shipment rate category and you are maintaining the threshold below 4% and you have a fix for the problem in the long run.

These are the above points that would be helpful in appealing with better plan of action. Requesting you to submit it again mentioning the above points and appeal it to the seller-performance@amazon.co.uk.

Good luck,
Harleen

Thank you Harleen, much appreciated!

Where do I find the late dispatch rate report on seller central? I have searched but can’t seem to find it to download it

Cheers Sharon