Suspended Account - No support from Amazon 4 weeks

Hi,
I had my account suspended some time ago and had the same issue. What I discovered was that there are key words that you need to put in the POA to get past the bots. Let me know if you need more info and I will PM you with some details.

Maybe those “key words” comprise the “Greater detail” that Amazon need and request?

Firstly, you don’t need permission to sell things on Amazon, this is simply a brand bullying exercise that manufacturers get away with using intellectual property rights as an excuse. Unless the manufacturer or supplier specifically ask you not to sell on Amazon and its specifically prohibited in the terms of business then you are doing nothing wrong All they can do is refuse to supply you and that is a dangerous game in a free market economy.

Secondly, in English law, the burden of proof rests with the accuser to prove their case, if Amazon wont supply you with information or evidence behind their decision, a simple trip to your solicitor should resolve this, if you take Amazon to court they will have to produce the information before the case is heard. Don’t worry Amazon do not want to sit in a court room with anyone who might win, look at the evidence, do your research.

Who am I? I am someone who was taken to court by Microsoft seeking damages of £1.2m for loss of profits by accusing me of selling counterfeit software and breaching their intellectual property rights. I stood up to them, provided the court with the evidence and Microsoft were called to the bar and warned of the consequences of wasting the courts time, the case was dismissed. Don’t let Amazon or anyone else bully you. Help yourself and everyone else here by reporting your concern to the DTI so it is on record.

Finally, don’t rely on Amazon for your business. It’s a zero sum game with zero sum profits and no one at Amazon will help guide you through their polices and agreements which they have spent millions of dollars on constructing with the best lawyers in America. They will absolutely not undermine this expense in anyway with a telephone conversation with you whether you sell £300 of goods a year or £3m. Remember the golden rule - he who has the gold makes the rules, that is why it takes Amazon 5 days to pay you when Paypal do it in five minutes!

You added at least two words to that sentence which made it untrue.
If Amazon decide that any seller needs permission to sell a particular item, or brand on their platform then yes, you do need permission to sell those goods.
Amazon are totally allowed to set rules about who can sell what on their own platform…

I’m currently under account suspension and despite what I thought was a detailed poa I’m still in the same position

Any suggestions

This is becoming a common thing and has happened to me, rather than send an action plan I basically appealed the suspension with evidence to show there was no intellectual; property right infringements and within a few days of chasing for a decision they reinstated the account.
If all else fails contact Managingdirector@amazon.co.uk and set out your case appeal and to the effect that seller central are requesting information that is unnecessary, duplicated and ignoring the pertinant issue. Neil

Not strictly true. It might take 5 days for the UK but Amazon.de, Amazon.ie, Amazon.fr and Amazon.es pay into your UK account within two hours, (same time as PayPal).

I have the same problem
Would be really grateful of any help you can give

I see being asked to send my POA to the following email addresses (notice-dispute@amazon.co.uk & seller-performance@amazon.co.uk) but I always get this response. Very frustrating

Hello,

This email is not the correct channel to submit an appeal to reactivate your account. Account reactivation requests sent to this address will not be reviewed. Please resubmit your appeal and relevant information for reactivating your account by clicking the Reactivate My Account button on your Account Health Dashboard in Seller Central or through the Amazon Seller app.

Am having the same issue, can you please advice me on what is best to message the managing director, what wordings did you use to get them to reinstate your account? and how long did it take for a response and reactivation?

Thank you

Just had another plan of action denied. I tried more of an essay style but that had no luck. Just an automated messaged asking for greater detail.

Think I need to try messaging the banging director.

Has anyone used companies that offer a service to get your account reactivated?

Nearly everyone who has has come back on here to say what a waste of money it was sadly.

Hi,

Don’t go to any company asking for money to get your account reinstated, you can get free advice here.

In your POA you need to be a bit humble and bite your tongue. Also don’t blame the manufacturer.

1. Start with the root cause of the problem. - Intel infringement
  2. What you have done to resolve this -
    a) removed all offending listings from your inventory (deleted)
    b) read Amazon’s policies - List these in poa
  3. What you will do going forward -
    a) order from recognised suppliers (manufacturer/distributor)
    b) etc etc

Good luck.
Paul

Below is the most recent POA submitted, yet still refused. They are also not releasing funds in my account for another 90 days.

Dear Amazon,

Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to submit a plan of action regarding my account suspension for the infringements of Intellectual property rights. I accept this was an error of my own, I hope the below explains.

Proof of Authenticity:
I have attached two documents showing my purchases of genuine products, both from local retail shops. These are the only invoices/receipts I have unfortunately, and I acknowledge that they are not from the manufacture but they are from official distributors.

Root Caused:
The reason why this error occurred is that I did not have any written permission from the rights holder to resell on Amazon, and therefore could cause potential damage to their brand.
On top of this, it appears the products were not permitted by the rights holder to be sold in the EEA which was also something I was unaware of.

Resolve Trademark Parallel Import issues:
Going forward I need to ensure an error like this never occurs again, as it has seriously damaged my business, therefore I no longer stock the infringed ASINS and deleted all listings. I will never resale again. It has now highlighted that I need to be careful going forward, so since I was suspended 4 weeks ago, I have not purchased any stock unless it is direct from the manufacture or an authorised distributor with permission to ship the stock to the United Kingdom and sell in the EEA.
Regarding this particular case I have contacted the rights owner (---------------) with a letter of apology and a brief explanation of how the error occurred.

Steps taken to prevent infringement going forward:
As soon I heard news of my suspended account, I deleted all infringing listings and will not be re-listing at all, unless permission is granted from the rights owner. To prevent it going forward, I have thoroughly reviewed all my listings on my account to ensure they comply with intellectual property rights and parallel imports. I have also made contact with other brands I stock, to ensure I do have full rights to sell on Amazon in the United Kingdom of which I can confirm I do. I have re-read the Amazon selling guidelines and rules to refresh myself, and will do so on a regular basis to keep up to date.
I have had a holistic review of my account and all its listings to spot any intellectual property infringements or parrell import infringements.

Why the error occurred:
The error made was completely a fault of my own for not being aware of such rules and laws, therefore I was not doing my due diligence in running my business. Because I had purchased from distributors I was not aware the manufacture may have had rights to stop me selling; had I purchased through the manufacture I would have been informed of such laws. Another reason why I may have been under the impression it was ok to sell, was due to other 3rd parties already selling the products, naïvely I thought it must have been ok to list myself if they are also selling; It taught me that is was not the case, and I should treat each product the same, no matter if other sellers are also selling as it could be breaking important Amazon rules. Once I received the initial complaint for infringement (11/10/19) I should have taken action then to avoid the suspension a few weeks later.

Has my account been deactivated in error:
I do not believe my account deactivation was in error, as I can see I was in the wrong for not being knowledgeable on the Amazon rules. The only possible query is if the rights owner (-----------------------) is a genuine ------------ employee as she is not known at the --------- head office UK and USA. I have contacted the head office of ---------- in the UK & USA and they are unable to locate her in the company and have not heard of her. It is possible she does not work for ----------- and it could be a competitor trying to get my account shut down.

No, they are from retailers, not official distributors…

This is not the cause, it’s the effect
What caused you to list items that were not permitted to be sold in the EEA?
Why did you not understand that you might need permission from the rights holders to list some products?

Those are the root causes, the “why”
Explain to Amazon why you did what you did, and show that you understand where you went wrong and then build the rest of your poa from there.

I have followed all the advise from this thread, but I am still getting emails saying greater detail is required.

I have a feeling they might not ever give my account back or the funds inside it. Is there anyway I can actually talk to someone on the phone to get a better understanding of what is required?

Unfortunately no, you won’t be able to have a phone chat with Amazon about your POA.
Please post your last POA here along with the rejection notice for more advice.

Whenever I send Amazon a message now with a plan of action or message I just get the following response. It is ridiculous not being able to talk to anyone. There has been a simple mistake and my account possible deactivated wrongfully yet I can’t even tell anyone.

"
Hello,

This email is not the correct channel to submit an appeal to reactivate your account. Account reactivation requests sent to this address will not be reviewed. Please resubmit your appeal and relevant information for reactivating your account by clicking the Reactivate My Account button on your Account Health Dashboard in Seller Central or through the Amazon Seller app.

You can access your Account Health Dashboard and view your account performance at (https://sellercentral-europe.amazon.com/performance/dashboard) or select Account Health on the home screen of the Amazon Seller app on your iOS or Android device. The Account Health experience displays how well your account is performing against the performance metrics and policies required to sell on Amazon and allows you to appeal any violations.

To reactivate your listings once your account has been successfully reinstated, please visit the Account Health Dashboard and click on the Appeal button next to specific violations and complaints in the Product Policy Compliance section.

Thank you,

Amazon.co.uk
"

My Plan of Action:

Dear Amazon,

Proof of Authenticity:
I have attached two documents showing my purchases of genuine products, both from official Distributors in Florida. I acknowledge that they are not from the manufacture but they are from official distributors.

Root Caused:
The reason why this error occurred is that I did not have any written permission from the rights holder to resell on Amazon, and therefore could cause potential damage to their brand. I purchased the products from a official Distributor in the USA but I did not enquire or inform them that I would be exporting the product to the United Kingdom which is not permitted.
The products were not permitted by the rights holder to be sold in the EEA, therefore the root cause

Resolve Trademark Parallel Import issues:
I no longer stock the infringed ASINS and deleted all listings related to the brand. I will never resale ever again. It was now highlighted that I need to be careful going forward, so since I was suspended 6 weeks ago I have not purchased any stock unless it is direct from the manufacture or an authorised distributor with permission to ship the stock to the United Kingdom and sell in the EEA.
Regarding this particular case I have contacted the rights owner (-------------) with a letter of apology and a brief explanation of how the error occurred, I am awaiting her reply.

Steps taken to prevent infringement going forward:
To prevent it going forward, I have thoroughly reviewed all my listings on my account to ensure they comply with intellectual property rights and parallel imports. I have also made contact with other brands I stock, to ensure I do have full rights to sell on Amazon in the United Kingdom of which I can confirm I do. I have re-read the Amazon selling guidelines and rules to refresh myself, and will do so on a regular basis to keep up to date.
I have had a holistic review of my account and all its listings to spot any intellectual property infringements or parrell import infringements. I will only be purchasing direct from manufacture.

Why the error occurred:
The error was caused by me not asking the distributor (-------------) if I was allowed to export the product, had I asked they would have informed me and it would not have happened. I needed to have written permission from the rights holder to sell it on Amazon.

Has my account been deactivated in error:
I do not believe my account deactivation was in error, as I can see I was in the wrong for not being knowledgeable on the Amazon rules. The only possible query is if the rights owner (--------------------) is a genuine ------------ employee as she is not known at the ----------- head office UK and USA. I have contacted the head office of ------------ in the UK & USA and they are unable to locate her in the company and have not heard of her. It is possible she does not work for --------- and it could be a competitor trying to get my account shut down.

ASINS complaints:

I do sincerely apologise for my mistake. I would love to continue being an Amazon seller for the future, as I have recently secured UK distribution rights for a number of brands.

Kind regards,