Temporarily extended returns window

The health and well-being of our customers, selling partners, employees, and the communities we serve are of utmost importance to us. We continue to monitor the developments of COVID-19. Due to COVID-19 developments and the recent UK restrictions, we are giving customers more time to return items in these challenging times and have extended the returns window for orders on Amazon.co.uk. We request that you match our returns policies regardless of your fulfilment solutions

Only for orders on Amazon.co.uk (the UK) Most items shipped between October 1, 2020 and January 31, 2021 can now be returned until February 28, 2021.

Please note that this returns policy does not affect a customer’s statutory rights.

Read our Returns Policies

So buyers can get almost 6 months use of an item then return it because it’s “faulty” (in their opinion). This policy does not “support the well-being of selling partners” in any way shape or form.

Customers, maybe. Selling partners? You’re gaslighting us. If this were true, Amazon would be protecting sellers’ INR metrics during the pandemic.

Nonononono, this should be an absolute mistake, this is totally unjustified, it’s not real, isn’t it?
oh no, oh no, oh nonononono

All good for Amazon and customers, Bad for for sellers as usual.

A good idea and commonsense (sorry but we do need buyers and tweeking this maintains goodwill)…

BUT all couriers and Royal Mail in particular are struggling to get items to customers on time.

Amazon should introduce an allowance for late deliveries before allowing an A to Z claim to be made. An extra 10 days BEFORE non receipt could be claimed would reflect current timescales for delivery to some postcodes in the UK

and when feb 28th comes it will be end of march an absolute joke and totally unnecessary and unfair

Absolutely Joke!!! Total unfair and unjustified. That’s enough. I am done.

How can Amazon change the rules during the game? I really wonder how this would hold up in court.

TOTALLY unfair to suppliers who get penalised for being just a few days late because of carrier delays due to Covid.

And yet they cannot put a statement out/put in checkout to advise buyers of delays due to Covid etc with couriers etc.
Totally one-sided as usual

do you even read your own posts? if you are monitoring covid developments why are you punishing 3rd sellers for late delivery despite couriers/royal mail being on the news every day talking about delays? my account is under threat of closure due to 2 items arrriving late (A-z claims) both of course granted despite the fact that tracking showed both as delivered appeal of course auto rejected. when I tried to open the case again I was sent a threat that if I contacted them again they would close my account.
to put it simply a customer gets up to 6 months to return an item but I have to deliver in 3- 5 days or get punished what disgusts me even more is that Amazon have told customers in Northern Ireland if buying direct from Amazon it will take 15 plus days to deliver from England but I as a seller in Northern Ireland have to deliver in a max of 5 days to England yes you really care about the health and well being of your selling partners. (sarcasm)

Why doesn’t Amazon make the returns window ‘FOREVER’ so that the customer can use, wear and abuse an item for the rest of their life and then return it just before they die?

Well, it might explain why we’ve not had a single games console back yet; another month to play on them yet :thinking:

I do feel we are being mauled and manipulated to how they think this is good for all of us. its good for the customer and maybe amazon but not the 3rd party sellers like us.
We have 4 customers auto authorized returning duvets after using them 3 months, I’m not going to open them straight into the bin , we don’t want to touch something that has been used for that long.
This is the best, 2 of the customers have re purchased the item, different name same address.
To top it all off i have paid for postage there and also postage for it to come back to me.
Help me, help us all

We have German customers buying from us and opening A-Z claims without ever contacting us first (as Amazon rules state they must) and automatically been given refunds as their item is 1 -2 days over the expected delivery dates. The item then arrives with the customer and they keep it, do not return it and also have a full refund…ARGGGGHHH. Contact Amazon Seller support to explain that a A-Z claim can only be made if the customer has contacted us first and given us chance to sort out the problem and they claimed that the customer had contacted us - Correct the customer had contacted us 12 months ago in relation to another order - not this one but the fact that they had already contacted us gives them the right to open a A-Z claim without having to contact regarding the actual purchase…So unfair…costing our busines ££££ every month

And this is the reason I have started removing my products off Amazon.

Which is why we made the decision to not sell clothing of any value on Amazon

It does NOT say it is mandatory.

I assume whan FBA or SFP they will authorise though is the issue.

For direct ship non-SFP orders, we can say NO from what that is saying.

I do not see why they think there are delays though, except from abroad, all the couriers and Royal Mail are coping reasonably well, besides, as long as you ask for a return by 31 January, you had 14 days more than that to return it and transit time does not count.

Hermes collect from homes, so do DX, Parcelforce, etc, etc… - so even if self-isolating, Buyers can return items.

I cannot see the logic as it also means they will get returns and have to do refunds.

they really need to change the returns page. i hope its not try and seems to only be for new items.

the trouble is they just don;t follow there own or UK law guidance. ever. there a-z team should read their own policies too.

the delivery delays must be changed, DPD just sent me a email about items being delayed.

Extended Returns Information : For the 2020 holiday season, items that are eligible for return and are shipped between October 1st and December 31st can be returned until January 31st, 2021. Our returns policy will revert to the standard 30-day period for items delivered after 31 December, 2020.

Defective Items After 30 Days

At Amazon.co.uk we want you to have a positive experience every time you shop with us. Occasionally though, we know you may want to return items and you have the right to cancel the purchase of most items within 14 days. You also have statutory rights where goods are not as described, not fit for purpose or not of satisfactory quality.

Statutory Cancellation Right

You have the statutory right to cancel your order for any reason within 14 days beginning with the day you receive the item (please see clause 2 of our Conditions of Use & Sale for the full instructions on cancellation and further information on your right of cancellation). To exercise your cancellation right please visit our Returns Support Centre.

Our Voluntary Returns Policy

As well as your statutory cancellation rights described above, you can return most products from the Amazon sites to Amazon within 30 days of receipt of the products if the products are in an unused and undamaged condition. To return an item please visit our Returns Support Centre.

Please note that this returns policy doesn’t affect your statutory rights and therefore doesn’t affect your right of cancellation as described above.

Please note that you must return each item in the same condition in which you received it. This means that new items must be returned unused and undamaged . Used items must not have any additional signs of use or damage.

The same exclusions apply to our Returns Guarantee as for the right of withdrawal. The following products thus cannot be returned under the Returns Guarantee (unless defective):

• Products which are not suitable for return due to health protection or hygienic reasons if unsealed by you after delivery, or which are, after delivery, inseparably mixed with other items;
  • Sealed audio or video recordings or of sealed software if unsealed by you after delivery;
  • Goods made to your specifications or clearly personalized, especially personalized Amazon Handmade items;
  • Goods which may deteriorate or expire rapidly;
  • A service, if the supplier has fully performed it and you accepted when you placed your order that the supplier could start to deliver it, and that you could not cancel it once delivery had started;
  • Digital content (including apps, digital software, ebooks, MP3, etc) which is not supplied on a tangible medium (e.g. on a CD or DVD) if you accepted when you placed your order that the supplier could start to deliver it, and that you could not cancel it once delivery had started
  • Newspapers, journals or magazines with the exception of subscription contracts;
  • Alcoholic beverages whose actual value is dependent on fluctuations in the market which the supplier cannot control