The FBA shipment limits of more than 15 kg has been removed?

Hello, alls,
Has the weight limits of the FBA shipments over 15kg been removed? Thanks!

Hi it is on most centers now if when creating a shipment there is a issue it flags up saying but we have not noticed it, some people have said extra delays for the 15kg+ but we have had no issues really

No, it’s not officially been removed.
What they have basically said, is that if they can handle it they will.
But if you can pack in less then 15kg, it’s probably safer to do so.

HI Neil
It was removed back toward the end of June and if the fulfilment centre is unable to handle the heavy box it will advise on creating shipment that they can’t accept.
My shipments have been going through fine just a few delays in certain places by the sounds of things on here from other people sending in.

From last update in June
“We are still temporarily limiting receiving products that weigh more than 15 kg, as they may require two-person handling that cannot be performed in compliance with physical-distancing guidance from health authorities. When you create a new shipment for your product, the shipment creation tool will advise you if there is a fulfilment centre capable of handling it.”

Thank you for your reply, PeterT.

I have kept my boxes under 15 kg just to be on the safe side as I haven’t seen an official message to confirm the restrictions were lifted. However, I’ve seen many sellers in here mentioning they have had heavier boxes and the packages were still checked in.

The latest announcement in regard to this.

https://sellercentral.amazon.co.uk/gp/headlines.html?id=3170536829425917282&mons_sel_locale=en_GB&ref=nslp_at_2305844804735169795_nslnk_3

I bring your attention specifically to the below:

“We are still temporarily limiting receiving products that weigh more than 15 kg, as they may require two-person handling that cannot be performed in compliance with physical-distancing guidance from health authorities. When you create a new shipment for your product, the shipment creation tool will advise you if there is a fulfilment centre capable of handling it.”

It’s not been removed yet. They will accept some, but certainly not all!

Hi All
To keep things simple.

You can send over 15kg but not all fulfilment centers are accepting.
If a center is not accepting a warning message will appear on your shipping before booking but no one seems to have commented on this happening any longer as the system will just get you to send to a center that has.

There is no need to pay more by splitting boxes as per Amazon’s update from the end of last month.

You will not put your account at risk by sending over 15kg as per policy update :+1: