user profile
Sign in
user profile

Unaaceptable lack of support and information

by Seller_0zkU4DphB3CDn

Amazon are treating us and our business with contempt. This is totally unacceptable.

After several requests from our customers to sell online, and choosing Amazon as our sales agent, we now utterly regret that decision. We had to jump through several lengthy hoops to open our account (still not verified…), even registering our brand name legally.

At each stage we have been met with lengthy delays to even acknowledge receipt of the information, let alone process it. We have now been stuck in account verification for a considerable length of time. We no longer wish to be associated with this company as it is devaluing my brand and reputation.

Our customers are waiting to purchase and spread the word, and keep asking when our shop and products will be ready. As each day and week passes their interest and passion subsides. To compensate, we are now opening shops on both Etsy and NotOnTheHighStreet and will recall our product from FBA. We are also looking at compensating sales agents directly on FB Marketplace.

If this is a taste of Amazon’s service to their suppliers I don’t want any part of it. We had planned an extensive ad campaign with Amazon, but this will certainly not happen now.

(Brooke Bentley produces bespoke embroidered childrens products and is now entering the mass-market with simplified examples of our designs. We chose the FBA model under our own brand name.)

Tags: FBA, Royal Mail
71 replies
71 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_XDzJ9YBdCj3SY
In reply to: Seller_0zkU4DphB3CDn’s post

Excuse my ignorance but if your customers want you to go online and already want to purchase your products, why not have your own site? Much more profitable and better for your sanity.

user profile
Seller_Gyxl3CWGjSd3N

Own website and going off your post i cant believe you have not gone down that route?

user profile
Seller_V6sGRJJDGoW2M

I am totally with you. Their lack of support is the worst I have ever known. But happy to take our fees. Anyone have any other method of contacting their support services other than by email?? I have tried contacting them daily by email for 10 days to get an answer to a question. All I get is a generic email back that doesn’t tell me what I want to know. Until I get an answer my account is deactivated.

Getting dizzy going round in circles

user profile
Seller_0zkU4DphB3CDn

In answer to the website question, yes we could have our own. Finding a host, designing it, incorporating payment systems, etc is possible but time-consuming. It’s this reason we chose an existing online platform to perform our marketing and sales for us.

I realise that in my rush, frustration and resignation to this bloated corporate blob, I forgot to ask any questions, although my main one has already been asked - is there a phone number so I can talk to a human being or are they all camped out in the customer service department?

Being customer obsessed is fine, but doing so at the detriment to the suppliers who service 2/3rds of those very same customers is senile.

I can see by the number of queries exactly the same as mine that I can’t do anything and it is futile trying. Amazon’s loss. I can reach the same sales potential elsewhere with a little more work and a lot less fees.

user profile
Seller_NoLYurmb006tq

Hi its important you do your research first and in depth for a platform such as Amazon and if you do this the process will be straight forward but still lengthy, at the moment verification seems to be taking the best part of two months from reading people’s comments.
Your obviously selling else were if you already have customers like you mention so it’s worth focusing on this side to as there is no guarantee that you will be accepted to sell on Amazon.
You also have the potential issue of your product may need additional approval if its in a restricted catagory so again it’s down to research if you change your mind and wish to go ahead with amazon.

user profile
Seller_0zkU4DphB3CDn

Thanks, but we did extensive research to choose a platform. We and our existing customers chose this one for reach and the convenience of FBA. I realise now that we made a mistake and should have looked elsewhere.

Amazon does not care about its suppliers. It does, however, care about their money! We are about to hand over our second payment to Amazon without a product being listed or our account being approved. That is theft, pure and simple. If I had have known that beforehand, it would have been the nail in the coffin regarding Amazon.

Our account at Etsy is open (within ONE DAY) and we are waiting for approval on NotOnTheHighStreet, due imminently. We’ll start a Shoppify account after that and we would have exceeded the reach of Amazon alone. With sales incentives to FB Marketplace agents we would be far in excess of anything Amazon can offer.

I realise this model can not work for every seller, but it will work for us as we produce unique products.

Amazon treats its suppliers like fools.

user profile
Seller_6sxtIS0RbZ5k7

Have your products actually been accepted by Not On The High Street of have you just applied to them?

user profile
Seller_FGrlSKDjwty1z

Stick at it - never think Amazon has any interest in your company or brand. If you b***er off they don’t care. It is like wading through glue. It is truly dire you sometimes cannot believe how dire it is. If there was any effort at all you (and they) would do alot better. Thats just how it is - I would not like to be 100% dependant on Amazon. It is a bit shocking when you realise they almost seem to trying their hardest not to let you sell anything. It is probably a bit like having an strong urge to chop your own hand off that won’t go away. Sort of disturbing and puzzling at the same time. Just try not to think about it too much. Seemingly little things like changing a barcode can lead to lots of stress. Its worth speaking to someone with some experience before you list anything. Once its listed and works do not mess with the listing… or you could be sorry:) Can’t moan really I have my own prime accout like many others - thats the issue they have created a pie that everyone wants a piece of but its frustratingly not easy at times.

user profile
Seller_3HDXRUaXSZoXS
This post has been deleted
user profile
Seller_CEgTESSzVa2Tt

Wow it seems to take a while for the penny to drop that Amazon do not do anything for a seller they are out totally for themselves. We were contacted about a storefront and no matter what i try i cannot open one and no matter how many times they call me i cannot understand what they want me to do. They continually talk of me registering my brand.

Well i am a retailer with no brands i sell other peoples brands just like Tesco etc.

So why keep talking about brands they do not change any tack to assist they ring again and explain the same rubbish again.
I just hope that one day they will actually contact people and talk them through step by step just like our business name fiasco.

Go to original post