*Updated* Detailed guide explaining how to win all types of A-Z claims

I decided to repost this thread, since the previous one has been closed and add there more information to make it even more useful and factual.

Also, if you have any feedback, suggestions or questions about your A-Z claims, feel free to ask by responding to this thread.

A-Z claim guide

The most important factor when determining how to respond to an A-Z claim is the claim title. There are 2 main types:

• “Items Not Received”
  • “Items Not As Described”

There also used to be an option of opening a claim with no title at all or a claim type “Order Returned”, but since I haven’t seen them for a few months, I am assuming that Amazon is no longer allowing them.

You should know, that buyers (or Amazon Customer Support) are often selecting the incorrect claim title and mentioning a completely different issue in the claim comments, therefore making it difficult to submit a proper response.

Also, buyers are able to appeal the claim decision and update their story anytime. For example by claiming that the item arrived damaged after losing an “Items Not Received” claim or by stating that the goods were never received when being asked by Amazon to return them in order to get their money back.

For this reason, my claim representations almost always address the second claim type as well, to ensure that Amazon will not simply refund the buyer after the story gets changed.

They are written in a very clear, polite language to ensure that overseas Amazon reps will understand them. There are no accusations or insults towards Amazon or buyers. I am simply standing my ground. This 100% works, without any need to submit proof pictures, videos, contact the Seller Support or report the buyers.

”Items Not Received” A-Z claims

While in the past, sellers used to be able to win these claims or at least have them funded by Amazon with just tracking, Amazon has recently gotten a lot stricter and is in many cases of non-receipt requesting sellers to provide a proof of delivery with the buyer’s signature.

So even if you respond properly, the claim might bounce back as requiring a response and end up being granted and Seller Funded.

The only guaranteed way how to win them is having a tracking link showing delivery + pdf file with the buyer’s signature. A tracking link showing delivery with a signature of the addressee will be often sufficient, unless the buyer appeals.

This is the current policy:

Here are some example situations with my response templates (click on each link to expose the claim representation):

- Buyer claiming non-receipt and seller has the signature proof of delivery

“Hello, the order was shipped on (date) with tracking number (xxxxxx) by carrier (carrier name). The shipment can be tracked on this link: (link to online tracking showing delivery and signature). According to the order’s tracking information, the package was delivered to the correct address on (date) and signed by (name). Please close this claim since the order was already delivered. Thank you.”

- Buyer claiming non-receipt and seller has just tracking

“Hello, the order was shipped on (date) with tracking number (xxxxxx) by carrier (carrier name). The shipment can be tracked on this link: (link to online tracking showing delivery). According to the order’s tracking information, the package was delivered to the correct address on (date). Please close this claim since the order was already delivered. Thank you.”

- Buyer claiming non-receipt and the shipment was delayed in transit

“Hello, the order was shipped on (date) with tracking number (xxxxxx) by carrier (carrier name). The shipment can be tracked on this link: (link to online tracking showing the status of the shipment). According to the order’s tracking information, the package is currently still in transit to the buyer, due to postal delays caused by (enter what is appropriate - bad weather, postal strikes, etc.). The order will be delivered to the buyer in a few days.”

- Buyer claiming non-receipt and the package is awaiting collection at the post office

“Hello, the order was shipped on (date) with tracking number (xxxxxx) by carrier (carrier name). The shipment can be tracked on this link: (link to online tracking showing the shipment’s status). According to the order’s tracking information, the delivery was attempted to the correct address on (date). After repeated unsuccessful delivery attempts, the package was left at the buyer’s local post office (name/address). The buyer can collect his package anytime. In case that the package gets refused or returned back to the sender, I will issue a full refund as soon as I receive it back. Please close this claim since the package is awaiting collection at the buyer’s post office and I am unable to refund without receiving it back. Thank you.”

- Buyer claiming non-receipt after selecting Expedited/Premium Delivery at checkout without noticing the extra cost and then refusing/not collecting the package, hoping to get a full refund

“Hello, the order was shipped on (date) with tracking number (xxxxxx) by carrier (carrier name). The shipment can be tracked on this link: (link to online tracking showing the status of the shipment). According to the order’s tracking information, the delivery was attempted to the correct address on (date), however the addressee refused the package. Since the package was returned, I refunded the buyer the full product price + Standard shipping cost of (xx + xx). The buyer selected Expedited/Premium Delivery at checkout, which is an extra service priced at (xx) and won’t be refunded. According to the Amazon’s marketplace returns policy and the law, sellers are only required to refund the cost corresponding to the lowest shipping option offered when items are returned. Here is the Amazon marketplace returns policy which says: “Sellers are only required to refund standard postage charges corresponding to the least expensive type of delivery offered by them.” “Sellers aren’t required to refund the cost of gift-wrapping, delivery or other services provided to you in connection with your purchase.” Link: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_left_v4_sib?ie=UTF8&nodeId=201819160 . Please close the claim since I have already refunded the buyer according to the Amazon Marketplace Returns Policy and there has been no error on my part, as the buyer refused the delivery of the package. Thank you.”

- Buyer claiming non-receipt and seller shipped a replacement

“Hello, the order was shipped on (date) with tracking number (xxxxxx) by carrier (carrier name). The shipment can be tracked on this link: (link to online tracking showing the status of the shipment). According to the order’s tracking information, the package (was lost/ delivered / returned back to sender, etc…). The buyer contacted me on (date) and stated that she didn’t receive her order. I immediately responded to the buyer and promised to send her a new package as a replacement. So I shipped a new package as a replacement with tracking number (xxxx) by carrier (carrier name), which [will be delivered to the buyer after weekend/ was already delivered on (date)]. I did not receive any response to my messages. I think that the buyer opted out of the Amazon messaging. The Amazon customer service opened an A-Z claim, despite I already shipped a replacement and mentioned it in a message. Please contact the buyer and tell her that the replacement was already (shipped/delivered) and that the tracking number is (xxxx), it can be tracked on this link: (tracking link showing status of the shipment) and ask her to cancel the claim. Thank you.

- Buyer claiming the receipt of an empty box - “Items Not Received” claim title

“Hello, the order was shipped on (date) with tracking number (xxxxxx) by carrier (carrier name). The items, which I shipped were in the correct quantity and exactly as described in the listing. The shipment can be tracked on this link: (link to online tracking showing delivery and signature). According to the order’s tracking information, the package was delivered to the correct address on (date) and signed by (name). The tracking information doesn’t show any damage or loss of contents during transit. If the buyer isn’t satisfied with his order, it is possible to return it for a refund. Please close this claim since the order was already delivered. Thank you.”

- Buyer claiming that only a part of order was received after ordering multiple items

“Hello, the order was shipped on (date) with tracking number (xxxxxx) by carrier (carrier name). The items, which I shipped were in the correct quantity and exactly as described in the listing. The shipment can be tracked on this link: (link to online tracking showing delivery and signature). According to the order’s tracking information, the package was delivered to the correct address on (date) and signed by (name). The tracking information doesn’t show any damage or loss of contents during transit. If the buyer isn’t satisfied with his order, it is possible to return it for a refund. Please close this claim since the order was already delivered. Thank you.”

- Buyer claiming that items were not as described - “Items Not Received” claim title

“Hello, the order was shipped on (date) with tracking number (xxxxxx) by carrier (carrier name). The items, which I shipped were exactly as described in the listing. The shipment can be tracked on this link: (link to online tracking showing delivery and signature). According to the order’s tracking information, the package was delivered to the correct address on (date) and signed by (name). The tracking information doesn’t show any damage during transit. If the buyer isn’t satisfied with his order, it is possible to return it for a refund. Please close this claim since the order was already delivered. Thank you.”

- Buyer claiming that the order arrived late - “Items Not Received” claim title

“Hello, the order was shipped on (date) with tracking number (xxxxxx) by carrier (carrier name). The shipment can be tracked on this link: (link to online tracking showing delivery and signature). According to the order’s tracking information, the package was delivered to the correct address on (date) and signed by (name). If the buyer no longer needs his order, it is possible to return it for a refund. Please close this claim since the order was already delivered. Thank you.”

*Applies to Amazon USA only:

- Buyer claiming non-receipt and the shipping was purchased from Amazon

“Hello, the order was shipped on (date) with tracking number (xxxxxx) by carrier (carrier name). The shipment can be tracked on this link: (link to online tracking showing delivery and if applicable signature). According to the order’s tracking information, the package was delivered to the correct address on (date). The shipping was purchased from Amazon and according to the Amazon’s policy regarding Buy Shipping Services, Amazon will cover any non-receipt claims regarding shipments sent using their service. Here is the Amazon’s Buy Shipping Policy addressing A-Z claims: “If you purchase Amazon’s Buy Shipping and ship on time, you are protected against claims where a customer reports problems with delivery. Amazon will cover the cost of these claims and they will not affect your Order Defect Rate.” Link to the policy: https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/help.html/?itemID=G200202220. Please close this claim since the order was already delivered and the shipping was bought from Amazon. Thank you.”

- Buyer claiming non-receipt after refusing a package shipped using Amazon’s Buy Shipping Services, which was then lost in transit

“Hello, the order was shipped on (date) with tracking number (xxxxxx) by carrier (carrier name). The shipment can be tracked on this link: (link to online tracking showing the shipment’s status). According to the order’s tracking information, the delivery was attempted to the correct address on (date), however the addressee then refused the package and it got lost on it’s way back to the sender. The shipping was purchased from Amazon and according to the Amazon’s policy regarding Buy Shipping Services, Amazon will cover any non-receipt claims regarding shipments sent using their service. Here is the Amazon’s Buy Shipping Policy addressing A-Z claims: “If you purchase Amazon’s Buy Shipping and ship on time, you are protected against claims where a customer reports problems with delivery. Amazon will cover the cost of these claims and they will not affect your Order Defect Rate.” Link to the policy: https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/help.html/?itemID=G200202220&ref=ag_G200202220 Also, Amazon’s policy states that refusing a package isn’t a way to return the item and in a case like this, the buyer would not be covered by the A-Z guarantee. Here is the text of the policy: “If a package doesn’t arrive and you don’t use a trackable method to return or if you refuse the shipment as a method of return, we may not be able to cover you under the A-to-z Guarantee.” Link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?ie=UTF8&nodeId=15015721 . Please close this claim without debiting my account, since the shipping was purchased from Amazon and the package got lost after buyer refused the delivery. Thank you.”

What to do when the A-Z guarantee responds back, asking for additional information?

If Amazon doesn’t find your proof of delivery to be sufficient, which is usually the case when you only have a tracking number, they will repond back with an e-mail like this:

View e-mail from the A-Z guarantee example

At this point, you are very likely to lose if you don’t have a signature proof of delivery. You can still try responding with just the tracking number or telling them that the order was low value and this is the reason why you don’t have the signature.

But please note, that you need to respond directly to the claim’s e-mail, which usually looks like this “guarantee-amzpayments+196-5657774-74647477@amazon.co.uk” and not to the no-reply e-mail address such as “payments-guarantee@amazon.co.uk”.

Here is my example response:

View example response to Amazon’s e-mail

”Items Not As Described” A-Z claims

These claims are very easy to win, regardless if the items were shipped tracked or not. However, the outcome is very dependent on the way, how a seller handles his return requests.

All return requests should be processed (either denied or accepted) within no more than 48 hours. Eligible returns (requested within the Amazon’s 30days mandatory return period) need to be authorised, regardless of the category. Out of policy return requests can be denied.

The most common mistake, which inexperienced sellers make is demanding the buyers to supply proof pictures or explain why are they are asking for a return. Some sellers will dispute the return reason selected by the buyer and call the Seller Support, expecting assurances that they are within their rights to refuse the request. This is often followed by an A-Z claim with a full refund to the buyer.

Also, once a return is authorised, there is no room for any negotiations with the buyer. They are within their rights to return the items.

Once items are returned, the seller should carefully inspect the merchandise and in case that it arrived back in a different condition than sent, it is possible to withold a reasonable deduction out of the refund to cover the loss of value as a result of it or refuse to refund at all (items which are not suitable for returns due to health protection or hygienic reasons if unsealed after delivery) and ask the buyer to supply a pre-paid return label instead, in case that he wants his non-returnable items back.

A very important thing is also knowing how to handle returns for orders placed on different Amazon marketplaces.

The seller is always required to either provide a local return address, pre-paid return label (to have the items returned to his own country) or refund the buyer in full, without requesting the merchandise to be returned.

Here are some example situations with my response templates (click on each link to expose the claim representation):

- Buyer claiming that items were not as described, without ever contacting the seller

“Hello, the order was delivered to the buyer on (date) according to the order’s tracking number (xxxxx) by carrier (carrier name). The item which I shipped was exactly as described in the listing. The buyer never contacted me to say, that there is anything wrong with the item. According to the Amazon policy, it is possible to return the order for a refund within 30days past delivery. I will issue a refund as soon as I receive the item back.”

After you respond with this, Amazon will e-mail you and ask you to e-mail the buyer with CC to A-Z guarantee and provide return instructions (just the return address is enough, no pre-paid return label is necessary). Then the claim will get denied.

- Buyer claiming that items were not as described after requesting a return, without returning the items or providing a tracking number as proof of shipping anything back

“Hello, the order was delivered to the buyer on (date) according to the order’s tracking number (xxxxx) by carrier (carrier name). The item which I shipped was exactly as described in the listing. A return was requested on (date) and authorised immediately, however nothing was returned and no return tracking information provided. I will issue a refund as soon as I receive the item back. Thank you.”

- Buyer claiming that items were not as described after the returns period has already expired

“Hello, the order was shipped on (date) with tracking number (xxxx) by carrier (carrier name). The items were exactly as described in the listing. According to the order’s tracking information, the order was delivered on (date). The buyer never contacted me to say that anything is wrong with the items and didn’t request a return within the Amazon’s 30days return policy. A return request was opened on (date), which was denied for being “out of policy” as it was opened (xx) days after delivery. Please close the claim since this order is no longer eligible to be returned. Thank you.”

- Buyer claiming that the shipping cost/price was too high and requesting a partial refund without a return

“Hello, the order was shipped on (date) with tracking number (xxxx) by carrier (carrier name). The items were exactly as described in the listing. According to the order’s tracking information, the order was delivered on (date). The buyer never contacted me to say that anything is wrong with the items, but complained that the shipping cost/price is too high. The cost was displayed at checkout and the buyer agreed to it by placing the order. If the buyer isn’t satisfied with his order, it is possible to return it for a refund within 30 days past delivery. I will refund the buyer as soon as the items are returned. Thank you.”

After you respond with this, Amazon will e-mail you and ask you to e-mail the buyer with CC to A-Z guarantee and provide return instructions (just the return address is enough, no pre-paid return label is necessary). Then the claim will get denied.

- Buyer claiming that items were not as described and demanding a full refund/ free item without a return

“Hello, the order was shipped on (date) with tracking number (xxxx) by carrier (carrier name). The items were exactly as described in the listing. According to the order’s tracking information, the order was delivered on (date). The buyer contacted me to say that he is not satisfied with his order and demanded (xxxxx) without a return. According to the Amazon policy, it is possible to return the order for a refund within 30 days past delivery. I will refund the buyer as soon as the items are returned. Thank you.”

- Buyer requesting a refund of the Expedited/Premium Delivery charge after returning his order and getting only a partial refund of product price + Standard Delivery

“Hello, the order was shipped on (date) with tracking number (xxxxxx) by carrier (carrier name). The items were exactly as described in the listing. The shipment can be tracked on this link: (link to online tracking showing delivery). According to the order’s tracking information, the order was delivered to the correct address on (date) and signed by (name). The buyer requested a return on (date), which was authorised. As soon as the order was returned, I refunded the buyer the full product price + Standard shipping cost of (xx + xx). The buyer selected Expedited/Premium Delivery at checkout, which is an extra service priced at (xx) and it won’t be refunded. According to the Amazon’s marketplace returns policy and the law, sellers are only required to refund the cost corresponding to the lowest shipping option offered when items are returned. Here is the Amazon marketplace returns policy which says: “Sellers are only required to refund standard postage charges corresponding to the least expensive type of delivery offered by them.” “Sellers aren’t required to refund the cost of gift-wrapping, delivery or other services provided to you in connection with your purchase.” Link: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_left_v4_sib?ie=UTF8&nodeId=201819160 . Please close the claim since I have already refunded the buyer according to the Amazon Marketplace Returns Policy. Thank you.”

- Buyer demanding the remaining order cost to be reimbursed after only getting a partial refund due to returning items in a materially different condition than sent

“Hello, the order was delivered to the buyer on (date) according to the order’s tracking number (xxxxx) by carrier (carrier name). The items which I shipped were exactly as described in the listing. A return was requested on (date) and authorised immediately. The return was received on (date) and immediately processed with a refund of (amount). A partial refund was isssued to cover the cost of loss of value, since the items were returned without the original packaging and heavily used, in unsellable condition. Please close this claim since the return was already processed with a refund issued according to the Amazon Marketplace Returns Policy. Thank you.”

What to do when the A-Z guarantee responds back, asking for additional information?

If the buyer never opened a return request and an A-Z claim is the first time you hear from them or he simply discarded the item and is refusing to do a return, Amazon will e-mail you with a message like this (in English/German/French/Spanish or Italian, depending on the marketplace):

View e-mail from Amazon example

After this e-mail, you will have exactly 3 days to respond back like this:

View response to Amazon’s e-mail example

Please note, that you need to send the message to buyer’s e-mail address, which looks like this “50kjdhhf7862p+A070857GFUISLNM@marketplace.amazon.co.uk” (has a “+” symbol) and not the one mentioned in the e-mail from the A-Z guarantee, which looks like this “50kjdhhf7862p@marketplace.amazon.co.uk”. You will find the correct e-mail address in order reports or by searching for a message from the particular buyer in the buyer-seller messaging.

Also, you need to use Amazon’s e-mail which usually looks like this “guarantee-amzpayments+196-5657774-74647477@amazon.co.uk” and not the no-reply e-mail address such as “payments-guarantee@amazon.co.uk”, mentioned in the original e-mail.

Once you respond, the claim will be closed. The same claim will get re-opened as soon as the buyer responds to A-Z guarantee with the return tracking information.

When this happens, you will receive an e-mail like this:

View e-mail from A-Z guarantee example

At this point, to prevent Amazon issuing a full refund to the buyer, you will need to keep responding to the e-mail (or directly to the claim) every 3days to say, that you haven’t received the goods yet and that you will refund as soon as you do.

If you eventually receive the merchandise back, process the return with a refund and also e-mail the A-Z guarantee with an update to let them know about your refunding decision (for example why you decided to deduct the cost of loss of value out of the refund).

Here is an example response:

View example e-mail to Amazon

After this, the claim will get either denied, Funded by Amazon or the seller. In some cases, Amazon will dispute your refunding decision and ask you to issue a further concession. This is the time when you will need to stand your ground and keep argumenting, depending on your specific situation in order to win.
—————————————————————————————————————————-
These are the most common claim types but if you encounter any other situation or if I missed anything, feel free to let me know and I will add it along with an appropriate claim representation.

A to Z claim 4 month after puchase
A detailed guide explaining how to win all A-Z claims
Where do we stand? Return problem
Done on amazon,
Goods not received policy
Any advice please on customer trying to say didn’t receive?
A-Z claim from germany
Confirmation of Deliver Yet Buyer Refunded
Item not received
A-Z Urgent help
POA and Package did not arrive
Suspension from .fr appeal help
Perishable goods not collected by buyer
Fraud Italian Customers

Thanks Kika,

Decided to copy it just in case your unfriendly stalker is around and manages to get it pulled again :wink:

Thank you @Kika, you really have our backs. Total respect to you, and all you do for others.

Hi Kika

Thank you again. That all makes sense. Just something I want to clarify (remember my A-Z for the personalised blanket where the buyer spelt the name wrong etc and open the A-Z). I responded saying not received the item back and the case was closed.

Then…I have the number 1 back, and also received a red card to collect an item (I have no idea what so now I assume it is the blanket sent back after the case was closed in my favour). I have not collected the item. The number 1 is still showing on the dashboard even though
a) I have not received an email from them
b) in the A-Z page on the right hand side it says case not granted 11th February 2019
c) in the A-Z page in the middle there is a bar going across saying an Amazon investigator closed the claim on 14th February

What do I need to do if anything? I did write on a new thread and had assistance on there telling me not to do anything, which I haven’t, as I don’t have an email to respond to even though it has opened. It must have opened as they have said they’ve sent it back, I have not collected it.

Can I suggest opening your own thread for this issue, to keep this one as ‘clean’ as possible to avoid it being taken down again?
Thanks again Kika for this document - so incredibly helpful!

If no one responds then the thread will automatically drift rapidly down the page to obscurity.
If you feel the guide could help you then bookmark it, or copy it to your own document so that you have it forever.

I think that this thread could be the place where to discuss A-Z claims so that it doesn’t disappear from the view and sellers can easily find it.

I will be updating the thread itself with new information at every opportunity to add there more helpful notes.

This is very good information. Will you also be providing a guide on how to make appeals against A-z claims that were clearly granted in error and made you responsible? Example like Buyer claims they did not receive delivery, tracking and proof of delivery shows it was delivered and signed for. But Amazon grants the claim and debit your account, skipping the request for additional information.

Actually, I will be either updating this guide or making a new thread soon. As Amazon USA already completely updated the A-Z claim policies (coincidentally a week after I published my guide and have been contacted by Amazon regarding it).

Also, they changed the interface and the claims process. They are now being automatically reviewed and decided without even giving the seller the option to respond.

For example, if a seller fails to authorise a return within 48 hours, Amazon will automatically refund the buyer in full. On the other hand, if a return has been authorised, any “Items not as described” claim will get denied.

Hi Kika (and all)

I have now had the blanket returned and it is as described, with the embroidery and personalisation as requested within the order. Also enclosed was the packing slip which the buyer said was not, which shows the details she input into the system for the order. I have to respond today, do you have any advice please?

Also, I now have another A-Z, buyer claiming item not received, the tracking shows delivered in the expected timeframe (RM 48) but without signature, I sent a reply with your template but have had a response saying they need to see the signature. It was not sent signed for. But I know it was delivered as the buyer kept requesting a refund (rather than I haven’t received my item yet kind of thing, following with can you send me a replacement), just demanding the refund. I assume I will lose this case as no signature was required.

Thanks.

Regarding the first case, you can respond after refunding minus an appropriate deduction or you can refuse to refund at all (due to the item being personalised) and explain this to the A-Z guarantee.

In the second case, Amazon is demanding you to provide the signature proof of delivery, so you should respond by informing Amazon, that the order was shipped to the correct address, however there is no signature proof of delivery due to it’s low value. And Amazon will possibly fund it out of their own money.

This guide is how it should happen however recently I had an a to z case which was closed in the buyer’s favour when I sent a merchant fulfilled order using my Amazon stock. The buyer claimed they hadn’t received the item. I gave evidence that I used my FBA stock and in the case gave the tracking number and the order number for the FBA order which the buyer signed for. The case was closed in the buyer’s favour and FBA refused to reimburse for loss because the buyer signed for it.

In another recent case a buyer purchased a food item and ate part of it and said they did not like it and wanted a refund. I informed them that as they had already eaten part of the pack and refusing to return it they would be unable to get a refund. They then opened an a to z claim saying they didn’t receive the item. Amazon asked to confirm the tracking details. I submitted the tracking info and informed hem that the buyer sent a message via Amazon saying they received it. Amazon then said they need further information, I replied asking what further information they require but they wouldn’t tell me and they closed the case in the buyer’s favour.

Are you able to give advice on these two cases?

When you decide to fulfill your FBM orders using MCF from your FBA inventory, Amazon will not treat a potential A-Z claim differently. Why would you provide the order number? All you needed was to respond like this:

”Hello, the order was shipped on (date) with tracking number (xxxxxx) by carrier (carrier name). The shipment can be tracked on this link: (link to online tracking showing delivery and signature). According to the order’s tracking information, the package was delivered to the correct address on (date) and signed by (name). Please close this claim since the order was already delivered. Thank you.”

Unfortunately, A-Z claims with the wrong claim reason are very common. If you shipped untracked, the buyer will simply pick the “Item not received” subject, which is much easier to win.

From your post it sounds like you represented your case properly and you shouldn’t have lost.

I would suggest you to appeal by e-mailing managing-director@amazon.co.uk .

So helpful…wish I had this a fee weeks ago!

Customer returned a magazine (which we heat seal before sending out) stating that it ‘arrived to late’ The original purchase was in November and returned start of February.

When it arrived back there was no plastic heat seal and it looked like the magazines you see in a Doctors waiting room! So I challenged the buyer as to why it had been opened used and then return several months later as ‘arrive late’

Of course no reply and they opened an A-Z which Amazon found in their favour as they had ‘returned’ the item, no matter that it had been used and was unsellable… :frowning:

Thanks for your hard work and effort in helping us Kika :slight_smile:

I think Amazon need to put a stop to this abuse. If the claim is inconsistent it should be automatically rejected. I don’t mind if the buyer is given another opportunity to resubmit, maybe they made a mistake, but to allow claims that are inconsistent and impossible to defend is inexcusable.

I wondered how long it would take them to change their policies after you published your guide… can’t have sellers getting a fair crack of the whip can we?

I did provide the tracking with the tracking number for the case when the FBA stock was sent for a FBM order but Amazon didn’t even seem to read my response.

The order the buyer ate and later pretended not to have received I did put tracking and they even signed for it but it was like Amazon didn’t even read what I had said. I even gave the link to the tracking which included a picture of their signature and a geo tag showing where it was signed.

In some cases the cases automatically close as soon as the buyer submits them and I am not given the ability to put my side forward. When I bought up this issue after a lot of denial from seller support they agreed they were closing as soon as the buyer’s are submitting them and they said it was a technical problem and although the tracking says the order arrived they can’t change the case.

I don’t think Amazon have the resources to handle buyer to seller fraud so they just find in the buyer’s favour. I had a buyer who bought dishwasher tablets which contained powder and liquid by FBA. The buyer returned the item after taking out the powder part of most of the tablets and Amazon accepted the return. Another time Amazon accepted a door closing mechanism as a return instead of a remote control car, someone’s old rusty scooter as a return for a new scooter they bought from me.

Thanks again Kika.

In the first case (the blanket), I replied to the A-Z email stating I have inspected the blanket and there is nothing wrong with it and it is as described along with the exact same personalisation the buyer requested. I cannot therefore resell this as it has her personalisation on and I spelt it correctly. I have now received another email telling me I have to refund the buyer. This is so frustrating, it goes onto say if I issue a partial refund I will have to explain why. Is there nobody with common sense on the other end of these A-Z’s? I did what was asked, I am a sole trader, I pay my taxes, etc, it was not my mistake. If this happened all the time I would be out of business, and so would others who personalise things that trade on here.

The second one, I have replied and it is under review. I don’t send signed for as its a hassle for honest buyers when a large letter can fit through the letterbox and I obtain delivery confirmation. They are also low value items and if for any reason something doesn’t arrive (after checking the delivery confirmation) I will replace not a problem. I guess theres always some that ruin it for others.

It’s because you needed to provide a tracking number at the time of dispatch.

If you lost despite representing your case properly and having a signature proof of delivery, you can either appeal the claim or e-mail managing-director@amazon.co.uk .

Yes, Amazon will require you to refund the buyer at least 50%.

But you can try refusing to refund at all, on the grounds that the item was personalised. In case you decide to do this, I can’t guarantee that the claim then won’t be closed with a full refund to the buyer, as this is a very risky approach.