*Updated* Detailed guide explaining how to win all types of A-Z claims

RM should, and will do so if you have the time to push it, refund the correct amount so that you are credited with the P&P cost and the amount you paid for the item, thus putting you into the same position you were in i.e. indemnity.
They will not recompense for the lost profit.

hi
all

how do we deal with Royal mail tracked (no signature) claims??

how do we deal with instructions from buyer support that directly contravene amazon policy?? eg, demanding we send pre paid labels for items that do not fit, and we have already provided local return address( not shoes or clothes)
we get lots of these

what do other sellers do when the buyer fails to respond to amazon messages, copies sent to emails and private texts? am i the only seller who thinks the ‘opt out’ of messages is causing huge issues for communications for sellers and couriers…

Hello, we used the reply ‘Buyer claiming non-receipt and seller has just tracking’

The customer did get a refund, but we received the reply ‘We have covered the cost of the refund and have not counted the claim against your Order Defect Rate.’ So all good

thanks

the buyer ordered 3 items, all packed together, claimed one was missing ( which is untrue)

the claim was for the TOTAL :frowning:

amazon persisted with requests for more information, so in the end we refunded for the ‘missing’ item
all three went royal mail tracked together

I wrote to payments guarantee at DE.

This was the translated reply

Good day,

my name is Sofi. I am working on Amazon.de the A to Z warranty applications. Ralf Kleber received your e-mail and I answer on his behalf.

We have reviewed the warranty claim for the order specified in the subject matter and have determined that you can not be held liable for it. Your account has been wrongly charged. The amount charged to your account will therefore be credited immediately.

Please excuse the inconvenience.

Thank you for your participation in Amazon.de

Defect has also been removed.

Happy Days !!!

Good day,

my name is Sofi. I am working on Amazon.de the A to Z warranty applications. Ralf Kleber received your e-mail and I answer on his behalf.

We have reviewed the warranty claim for the order specified in the subject matter and have determined that you can not be held liable for it. Your account has been wrongly charged. The amount charged to your account will therefore be credited immediately.

Please excuse the inconvenience.

Thank you for your participation in Amazon.de

That’s great.

You see, Amazon often makes erroneous claim decisions but once you appeal to a higher department, you will have it reversed and funds credited back.

Do not like this new interface. Does not show when the claim was last updated and no longer shows claim activity history.

Does the claim email address appear somewhere within the email or is there a link to click? Because whenever we have received one, we respond directly to payments-guarantee@amazon.co.uk?

Is there any point in pre-emptively representing my case for an A-to-Z? I have one that is currently under review, but it’s getting close to 24 hours since it was opened and Amazon has not asked me to do anything yet.

We have a new A-Z “Customer issue: Damaged or defective item”

• Out of policy return accepted as goodwill
  • Partial refund offered as return was materially different -used/wear/tear (or, we return the item to customer without refund)
  • Images and explanation provided to customer
  • A-Z raised after partial refund was offered. Customer comment claiming “This item was faulty…”

Any guidance?

What was the original return request reason?

“Return Reason: Performance or quality not adequate”

Following up with this - the A-to-Z in question was the buyer claiming that items were not as described after requesting a return, without returning the items or providing a tracking number. However, the A-to-Z was “under review” for 4 days without being directed to us to represent and in the meantime the return arrived. Now I’m in a pickle. If I don’t refund and wait for the A-to-Z team to finish picking their noses I might get over the refund deadline and will lose the A-to-Z, but if I do refund I will also lose the A-to-Z. Any ideas?

I’ve just used this info for the second time today - this time a buyer requesting a return after 5 months, then opening an A-Z after I denied it.

The buyer then claimed to return it, but didn’t.

The A-Z was also denied so, again, thanks ever so much.

You’ve saved us over £150 so far!

Update: successfully represented case as per “items were not as described after returns period has already expired” providing additional detail regarding materially different return that was received.

Thanks @Kika (again :))

Looks like it’s now “hip” to open A-to-Zs a day before a return is delivered? Just had another one and don’t see any way to get out of them.

What would the claim reason be. Presumably ‘refund not given’

Wouldn’t you just say ‘return label provided. awaiting return of item. refund will be provided in line with Amazon policy upon successful receipt’

Yes, but then it takes the A-to-Z team a week to review. By the time they’re done I’m actually guilty of not refunding, because the return has been with me for 5-6 days.

hmmm…my experience recently is that they have been pretty quick…I responded to an A-Z at Midnight on Sunday and got a response 7am this morning.

Could you perhaps not answer the door when they try and deliver? so they have to come back following day.

lesser of two evils?