VAT Deregistration

Hello!

My question relates to EU VAT deregistration. I have decided to deregister from VAT in Germany, France, Italy, Poland and the Czech republic as we have not been able to trade in any of those countries.

After contacting Amazon, I have now received the required forms, but the Italian deregistration process requires a proof of ID. The requirements state that it has to be a passport or ID that is valid for at least 6 months (but no driving license)

The issue is that my passport expires in about a month’s time. It’s going to take time to renew my passport so in the meantime, if I don’t deregister in time, Amazon/ Avalara will charge me EUR 2000 + VAT to renew the subscription. My deadline is the 26th of This month.

Does anyone have any idea how I can get around this? No response from Avalara yet. I called the Italian tax office, the first time they hung up and the second time they said No English and hung up.

Thanks.

Either renew your passport in person, which will take a day of your time, or pay for an expedited passport renewal.

Either will be a darn site cheaper than paying Avalara for another year.