Several weeks ago I got an request to update my selling account legal entity as they believed it was wrong. I updated to Sole Proprietor. They first asked letter of authorisation. They then requested UTR number which I provided. Within 24 hours I was confirmed to sell again. I did not started sell again as was about to go on vacation.
Today I return from vacation and I login to find that verification team are requesting to update my profile again. This is the email I got a few days ago:
We think you selected the incorrect legal entity when you registered for a Selling on Amazon payment account.
You are currently registered as an ‘Individual’ seller, but your selling activity fits the criteria for a business / UK sole proprietor. We have explained the different legal entities below.
To update your legal entity, follow the instructions below:
– Go to the “Account Info” page in the “Settings” section of Seller Central (https://sellercentral-europe.amazon.com/gp/on-board/configuration/index.html).
– Click “Edit” in the “Business and Contact Information” section and select the correct legal entity.
– Confirm the business details and click “Submit”.
Use the following information to select the correct legal entity:
– Individual: you must only choose this legal entity if you do not sell for profit. Individual sellers may list unwanted personal items, such as old DVDs or books.
– UK Sole Proprietor: this legal entity is for any commercial individual who sells for profit. A Sole Proprietorship is registered with Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC). There is no legal distinction between the owner and the business.
– Business or Partnership: this legal entity includes Sole Proprietors registered in countries outside the UK. It also includes Charities, Partnerships, Private Limited Companies, and Public Companies.
If you think your selling activity fits the ‘Individual’ legal entity, please reply to this email to confirm the source of your inventory over the last 12 months.
What happens if I do not send the requested information?
If we do not receive the requested information within 14 days, you will not be allowed to sell on Amazon’s European marketplaces.
We’re here to help
If you have questions about this policy or the information requested above, please contact us (https://sellercentral.amazon.co.uk/cu/contact-us/cmn/BLU).
The Amazon Payments Team
For some reason they think I am still selling as an individual account still but I changed to Sole Proprietor week ago as mentioned above! Mistake surely?