VTR stamps/franking option no longer working?

If you are not vat registered you maybe best purchasing postage directly off amazon
They are not exempt- they are automatically valid

I am but i’m not able to claim back VAT. I’m under a certain scheme as we’re only a small business. Click & Drop is too convenient for me to give up that easily.

Flat rate scheme I presume ?
Amazon buy shipping is probably best still

We stopped using Click and Drop as automatic despatching were setting the orders incorrectly for VTR when using Large Letters/Letters. This was a couple of weeks ago now so not sure if this has changed.

By “best” you mean giving a good VTR metric? I doubt it’s best in terms of convenience, speed and so on. At least for how we process orders.

Best for vtr

We too don’t use buy shipping as we have too many orders to sit and match pick slips with postage labels so we use crl on c&d
If you are not using crl, you need to find out which code you can use. I know BPL is now invalid

Thanks for the info.

I have been dispatching manually on amazon choosing Royal Mail 2nd Class Stamps/Franking option and my VTR is still at 6% and they all still appear on my report and they have not updated for days now if not longer. Does buy shipping RM24/48 via direct from amazon automatically count your VTR as valid as I think I may have to go down this route as this is stressing me out no end and I cannot afford for them to shut down my account like many.

I am so worried about all this the same as everyone.

Does anyone here purchase RM24/48 direct from amazon buy shipping and they automatically count as valid on VTR even if they are not scanned by Royal Mail?

Do you mean you’ve started doing it that way with your daily posting? If so, the report is on a lag. It will be showing order that were due for delivery by the 30th July (promised delivery 31st July) at the moment. The orders you’ve dispatched since then won’t come into the metrics yet.

Buy shipping for RM24/48 counts as valid automatically, yes. They don’t need a scan to be valid. The only “downside” is that the unscanned parcels will lower your otdr metric, but that isn’t a metric that has a penalty attached at this moment in time.

Yes I have started doing it like that weeks ago, and have went in and updated any that appeared on the VTR report and they used to updated 48/72 hours but now it doesnt seem to update at all.

Also if you buy just normal royal mail 2nd class via buy shipping do these automatically count as valid for VTR?

Have any of the ones that were dispatched that way in the first place now shown up on the report? If so, what delivery type information is listed?

Have you been sending using Click and Drop?

I’m unsure on Buy Shipping for 2nd Class mail. I think I saw someone say it automatically counts as valid when they do it, but I haven’t done it myself so can’t confirm.

several of us have found that ones that we tried to update from then end of last week are now not updating

we tried to amend some that say Royal Mail 2nd Class (BPL bought on C&D) to stamps/franking and they just won’t change

oh dear i was afraid someone was going to say that. Does that mean we are all doomed then unless we use buy shipping, which i have tried this morning and its utter pants, the zebra label printing issue for one, which I am sure if I read the threads on the same issue I will sort but I am loathed to use buy shipping as it will make our shipping process much longer than the way we do it now.

We post lots of letters also if you buy them from buy shipping are they automatically counted as valid for VTR purposes?

I’m unsure on why parcels you’ve been marking as stamps/franking at time of dispatch would be showing up as invalid. Even by what’s happened since Thursday with changing historical shipments, they should still be exempt.

maybe this -…

VTR is still adding days (and orders) to our report (now up to 31st PDD) despite using Royal Mail 1st Class Stamps/Franking.

I’m still not convinced it is being treated as exempt but is being counted as 1st Class. Another AMZ bug ??

are they just letters ? they did say in their announcement that it was for letters only and i did wonder how they would know what is a letter and what isn’t (presumably the system knows as the dimensions should be on the listing)

Added to this that our RM account manager, along with someone else’s has been told by amazon that Stamps/Franking is only a temporary measure

are these retrospective changes to Stamps/Franking or were they input like that all along ?

Letters. Not retrospective and nothing over 100gms, even in combinations so I don’t get it.
If they are counting our product as parcels etc, I’d love to know how they are working it out.

Are there other sellers on the listings you sell or just yourselves?

The system would have to know it was a parcel though, and as far as I can tell it’s not figuring that out based on the item dimensions in the product info.