What is the right way to create campaigns and ad groups?

Hello Everyone
I am confused about how to manage the PPC campaigns and what is the correct way. Your help would b highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

1.) How should I create campaigns? I should create one campaign for one Product. Let’s take an example to get a better understanding. For example, I have 3 three products in my inventory T-Shirts, Trousers, and Shoes. For these products (including their variations) I would create 3 Auto and 3 Manual Campaigns, one for Shirts, 2nd for Trousers, and 3rd for Shoes. Further, for each 3 Auto campaigns > each campaign will have only one ad-group. For example, if I create a campaign for Shirts then I will create only one ad-group for Shirt in the auto campaign.

2.) What I am Currently Doing: For Auto Campaign I have created one main campaign and there are different ad-groups for each product. If I take the above product examples that would fit like: One Main auto Campaign > then 3 ad groups > one for Shirts, one for Trousers, and one for Shoes in one main campaign only.

PLEASE SUGGEST WHICH STRATEGY IS BEST AND CORRECT? Either 1 or 2