user profile
Sign in
user profile

Why do the staff at Amazon block you from making an appeal

by Seller_LKMMGtf2ErX45

Amazon sent us a order which was sent out the same day with the correct delivery address given.
10 days later the buyer contacted us to say that the address had changed and the same day the buyer left a feedback complaining that the delivery had not arrived.
Obviously the delivery was on time but went to the address that Amazon gave us so we requested that the feedback be withdrawn.
This was refused and though i should have 5 days to appeal the staff have blocked us from making that appeal, so who can we deal with when it appears that the staff are not help or even try as they might as well not have these departments

Tags: Address
32 replies
32 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_hC0hNVDuILaKO
In reply to: Seller_LKMMGtf2ErX45’s post

The feedback does not meet the strict criteria for removal, so will remain.
Amazon don’t care that your customer is a fool, they have laid down a set of rules for feedback removal and even an outright falsehood is insufficient to qualify for removal, unfortunately.

user profile
Seller_esvgLzKXw2YAl

It seems that a lot of people don’t really get the feedback removal system.
There are two steps to it.

1. On the feedback itself, you request removal.
  2. If it fails to be removed, you re-open the case that was opened and explain why, then ask for it’s removal again. This is the appeal.

There are no further options to appeal.

The only available option to you, is to contact the MD. But this is one that you need to use wisely.
If you do it too often, it’s going to end up in your contact being ignored.

user profile
Seller_gnubxPFEnuoPY

We have a 1 star seller feedback because the customer stayed in waiting for an item to be delivered the next day when it wasn’t even offered as Prime and it clearly states it takes 1-2 days to make as it is personalised and handmade with 2nd class shipping. We are waiting for another low one because the customer expects us to collect his parcel from his local RM office because even though he has had 3 messages from us telling him how he can arrange redelivery at a convenient time and a card from RM telling him the same he would sooner threaten us if we don’t get his parcel to him. So unfair that customers can lie or just be stupid and the seller has to pay the price with their account being put in jeopardy because Amazon refuse to remove them.

user profile
Seller_LKMMGtf2ErX45

That is a shock, as a client can say anything and be believed and that is it!

user profile
Seller_N1kkDZU48hTBX

Hi Midi_Decor_SARL

I just noticed this post and also the one below, (related)?

I understand the frustration and what some would refer to as reasonable or unreasonable. Both Adrian and Neil are right about the Amazon policy and these kind of posts are regular on the forum.

I was just wondering about the difference in the posts, unless I have misread in which case I am sorry, in so much as if you were to escalate the matter is the first post related matter going to have some baring?

user profile
Seller_SlXZyY9vz3zbX

Yes we’ve had a few similar feedbacks over the years. On Amazon UK (main market) we take enough orders to absorb the odd hit to the metrics but in other marketplaces where order volumes are a lot lower it only takes a couple of negs to put the account in jeopardy. A 1% threshold on 3 separate criteria really is too strict for small sellers. You only need a bit of bad luck couple of issues outside of your control like a chargeback and a change of address customer like the one in this instance and that’s it, the bot takes you down. We had this a couple of years ago and it took 3 months to get back up and running again.

user profile
Seller_Sp0MDHOM1olT2

This particular one doesn’t fall within the guidelines as others have pointed out. However, the feedback removal system is a waste of time these days. It seems to have changed recently.

I had one the other day that said “I orderd pack of . I recieved a Galaxy S8 phone wallet???”

I’ve replaced the actual product name with

This was an FBA order and we don’t sell phone wallets so it clearly falls under the “Strike through feedback if it is regarding fulfilment or customer service for an order fulfilled by Amazon.”

So I tried the bot removal and was declined. I escalated thinking a human would see that it’s an FBA error. Declined again.
I got on the phone to SS. Agent agreed it should be removed and said he’d pass it to the feedback removal team.
They got back to be a day or two later. Declined.
To make matters worse they added. “If you continue to request feedback removal outside of Feedback Manager, it will result in the deactivation of your account.”

I’d given up chasing bad feedback removal years ago but this one got under my skin. But really it’s a waste of time and energy. Try the bot, if that fails escalate. If that fails, forget about it and move on. Everyone is in the same boat, it’s a numbers game. Sell enough stuff and you’ll get a neg even if you’re the best seller in the world. Not worth losing sleep over.

user profile
Seller_x1xMSBwZsJrTE

Because Amazon couldn’t care less about you… so long as you keep paying them lots of money in fees that’s all they’re interested in.

That’s why even when it’s blatantly obvious that your buyer is a moron, a scammer or just malicious, you are the one that’s in the wrong not them.

It’s also the reason why their ‘support’ sucks. They just don’t care anymore… we are disposable.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post