user profile
Sign in
user profile

World Options for EU FBA

by Seller_saK5Ah2SaNYjL

I wanted to start another thread other than the “Shipping to Germany” thread to discuss the company World Options.

https://uk.worldoptions.com

Today, I got my first consignment cleared by French customs. I registered on their website and got a call back within minutes. When it came to preparing the paperless documentation, my rep walked me through it. It wasn’t painless but we got there.

This was after sending a consignment using APC (UPS) two months ago to Germany with zero success. It’s still stuck in customs. My VAT accountant, Avask, called Germany vindictive and pedantic when it came to UK imports. Don’t ship FBA stock to Germany!!

To see this today almost made me have a little cry…

“Mar 02, 2021 05:52:10 PM - - Completed customs clearance process”

Please keep this thread just about questions and answers regarding World Options and their services, costs, options, questions.

Tags: International expansion
286 replies
286 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_zhjiy4JuMEuyF
In reply to: Seller_saK5Ah2SaNYjL’s post

I had a good experience sending to France via World Options / UPS too.

16 Feb - despatched
23 Feb - delivered to LYS1 FC
24 Feb - units showing in stock

user profile
Seller_saK5Ah2SaNYjL

@ThomasCulpeper You were the one that posted about them, so thank you.

At that point I was looking to find an IOR (Importer of Record) in Germany that was going to cost hundreds of pounds per consignment. It was untenable. Importing into France, where this is not a requirement, is huge.

I’m only going to have to add a couple of euros in price to our items, rather than doubling the price.

user profile
Seller_saK5Ah2SaNYjL

@ThomasCulpeper The stock you are seeing is PAN EU. You won’t have to send to Germany as well. When you look at stock while on your German inventory page, you will see it’s there too.

I had our first box sent with World Options go live today in France. Less than a week from ship to live!

The box I sent to Germany on 12 January using APC (UPS) is still stuck in customs. I wish they would just send it back.

user profile
Seller_XdNb5ieyqneIn

Thanks for opening this thread, am looking into World Options at the moment. Definitely need someone to walk me through the whole process!

Do they charge for helping you with the document prep etc? Roughly how much are they charging per 15kg box?

user profile
Seller_EOmLRMFX8Oo9x

Great thread @ThomasCulpeper & @Aroha and so much valuable information for those sellers sending stock into the EU well done guys

user profile
Seller_UmiN1IyD9F9EV

It would be interesting to compare DE to FR in regard to VAT charges and how they are valued collected,invoiced and ultimately claimed back.

I have just sent a test shipment to France with my stand alone UPS account(for clarity) in regard to the World Options route.

Direct with UPS it was 29.36 for a 20kg box. I will report back as it progresses.

The main extra cost is the one off customs clearance fee of £15.53 which is per shipment not per box .

So for example if you send 20 boxes @ 12kg in a shipment you can get it down to £9.50 a box

user profile
Seller_saK5Ah2SaNYjL

Here’s the breakdown of World Options / UPS for a 15kg box.

Base Price: £14.53
Fuel Charge: £1.75
Admin (Customs) Charge: £15.53
Brexit Charge: £4.50
Total:£36.31

user profile
Seller_saK5Ah2SaNYjL

Actually it was even quicker than I thought. We don’t get shipments live this fast in the UK!

user profile
Seller_saK5Ah2SaNYjL

I’ve had 5 consignments go live now. Average time is 3-4 days from ship to live.

Pretty much everything is going to CDG7 where it goes to FC transfer straight away, much like BHX4.

user profile
Seller_Yja9oH7DLHk2I

I am just about ready to send my first shipment with them. The bit of info that seems to be missing is about the SAD to reclaim the French VAT. Have UPS sent it?

Go to original post