If you use inventory file templates or XML to upload your inventory data, you can use the Fix Failed Listings tool in Manage Inventory to review and fix a subset of listing errors, such as incorrect or missing information.
To view all errors for a particular batch, select the Inventory drop-down list at the top of the window, select Add Products via Upload, then under Inventory file upload status, select View Processing Report.
Finding SKUs with Errors
To identify your failed listings, follow these steps:
- Under Inventory, click Manage Inventory.
- If you have errors, you will see Fix Failed Listings in the top navigation pane.
- The possible error types include the following and can be selected from the Listing Status filter:
- All Fixable Online: All SKUs with errors, regardless of error type.
- Missing Info: Required data is missing. For example, missing UPC, product name, or manufacturer.
- Incorrect Info: SKUs with errors that occur when the data does not meet the formatting requirements (for example, overly long descriptions).
- Matching Error: Your product might match an existing listing in the Amazon catalogue, but we need more information to be sure. See Matching Your Products for more information.
- Variation Error: Errors that occur on variation child SKUs.
The Fix Failed Listings tool will display a failed SKU for 30 days. If you do not wish to fix a SKU, unfixed SKUs will disappear from the list (and your inventory) 30 days after the inventory tool has detected an error.
To fix failed SKUs, follow these steps:
- To fix a single SKU, click Fix in the Edit column to the right of the SKU you want to fix.
- To fix multiple SKUs in succession:
- Click the checkbox to the left of each SKU you want to fix, or
- Select all failed listings by checking the box at the top of the column.
- Click the Actions on X Selected button at the top of the page, and then select Fix Selected Items.
- On the listing details page, data with an error is located on the tab with a red exclamation mark. An error message at the top of the page explains exactly what needs to be fixed.
Note: Fields marked with a red asterisk (*) are required. Check to ensure all fields with an asterisk are filled in. Other requested product information is optional, but can help customers make informed buying decisions.
- Once you fix an error, save your changes. When fixing multiple SKUs, you can save and move to the next record by clicking Next product, or save and exit by clicking Save and finish.
After you fix a SKU's errors, you can activate the listing by providing the price and quantity. A confirmation message will indicate that the listing is active. Generally, a fixed SKU will show up in your active listings within 15 minutes.
You can defer activation by clicking the Let me skip the offer data and add it later checkbox, near the top of the listing detail tool's Offer tab.