This article applies to selling in: United Kingdom
The content below is for guidance only. Amazon reserves the right to remove any listing it considers to be inappropriate for sale for any reason.
Examples of Permitted Listings
Reminder: all listings and products must comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
Only packaged beauty products such as cosmetics and skin or hair care products that appropriately described and labelled, and are not otherwise restricted, may be listed on Amazon.
Examples of Prohibited Listings
- Opened or used cosmetics, skin products or hair care products
- Products that have passed their expiration or "use by" dates
- Products that are not sealed in the original manufacturer's packaging
- Products that have had their packaging altered in such a way that any identifying codes placed on the packaging by the manufacturer or distributor are either removed or obscured, such as matrix codes, lot numbers or serial numbers
- Sample or “tester” products
- Counterfeit cosmetics
- Decanted perfumes and fragrances
- Products where their use is restricted to professionals, that require a prescription or that should only be purchased from a registered pharmacist; this includes products which fall under this restriction if their regulated ingredients exceed a maximum limit (for example, teeth whitening products containing or releasing more than 0.1% hydrogen peroxide)
- Products that contain any of the prohibited ingredients listed in EU Regulation 1223/2009 on Cosmetic Products (the “Regulation”) or that do not comply with the restrictions of the Regulation
- Cosmetic products containing Benzoyl Peroxide
- Products prohibited on the advice of governmental agencies
- Products that contain or claim to contain snake oil
- Henna products which are applied to the skin, unless entirely natural
Please note: Sellers who list prohibited items or content can have their selling permissions removed, either temporarily or permanently.
Related Amazon Help Pages
Additional Useful Information
Sign in to use the tool and get personalised help (desktop browser required).