This article applies to selling in: United Kingdom
The content below is for guidance only. Amazon reserves the right to remove any listing it considers to be inappropriate for sale for any reason.
Examples of Permitted Listings
Reminder: all listings and products must comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
Only packaged and unused beauty products, such as cosmetics and skin or hair care products, which are safe for human use, that appropriately described and labelled, and are not otherwise restricted or prohibited by the applicable legislation, may be listed on Amazon.
Examples of Prohibited Listings
- Opened or used cosmetics, skin products or hair care products
- Products that have passed their expiration or "use by" dates
- Products that are not sealed in the original manufacturer's packaging
- Products that have had their packaging altered in such a way that removes or obscures any identifying codes placed on the packaging by the manufacturer or distributor, such as matrix codes, lot numbers or serial numbers
- Products labelled as “tester” products, including perfume testers, or “not intended for resale”
- Counterfeit cosmetics
- Decanted perfumes and fragrances
- Products where their use is restricted to professionals under EU Regulation 1223/2009 on Cosmetic Products, that require a prescription or that should only be purchased from a registered pharmacist; this includes products which fall under this restriction if their regulated ingredients exceed a maximum limit (for example, teeth whitening products containing or releasing more than 0.1% hydrogen peroxide)
- Products that contain any of the prohibited ingredients listed in EU Regulation 1223/2009 or that do not comply with the restrictions of the regulation, such as cosmetics prohibited from containing hydroquinone, vitamin K1 (Phytonadione), teeth whitening products which contain or release more than 0.1% of hydrogen peroxide, sodium perborate or perboric acid, or benzoyl peroxide
- Products containing colorants, preservatives and UV filters other than those allowed under EU Regulation 1223/2009
- Products whose claims do not comply with EU Regulation 1223/2009 and other applicable regulations, such as EU Regulation 655/2013, that convey misleading product characteristics or functions to consumers
- Products that have been tested on animals or that contain ingredients that have been tested on animals, as set forth by EU Regulation 1223/2009
- Products prohibited on the advice of governmental agencies
- Listings claiming that a product is intended to be used for the diagnosis, cure, mitigation, treatment or prevention of disease in humans or animals
- Products that contain or claim to contain snake oil
- Henna products which are applied to the skin, unless entirely natural
- Cosmetics that contain ingredients derived from endangered species, such as sharks, whales, dolphins or porpoises
- Eyelash and eyebrow conditioners containing Bimatoprost
- Skin creams containing mercury
- Eye makeup containing Kohl, Kajal, Al-Kahl or Surma
Please note: Sellers who list prohibited items or content can have their selling permissions removed, either temporarily or permanently.
Related Amazon Help Pages
Additional Useful Information
Sign in to use the tool and get personalised help (desktop browser required).