This article applies to selling in: United Kingdom
The content below is for guidance only. Amazon reserves the right to remove any listing it considers to be inappropriate for sale for any reason. All listings and products must comply with all laws and regulations.
Some common examples of Sex & Sensuality products include:
- Sex toys and sexual accessories (vibrators, dildos, pumps, nipple clamps etc.)
- Bondage or fetish equipment and wear
- Sex dolls
- Sex furniture
- Sexual performance supplements (including virility and delay products)
- Care and aid products for adult toys (e.g. carry cases or toy cleaners)
In addition, products by their imagery, title, and descriptions intended for sexual use, may be considered Sex & Sensuality products.
Examples of Permitted Listings
- Sexual lubricants (including sexual delaying/desensitising/intensifying/tightening creams and gels)
- Massage oils
- Condoms in sealed retail packaging (Note that bulk purchase condoms repackaged in poly-bags, jiffy envelopes or boxes are not permitted)
- Adult-themed games
- Sex toys, including handcuffs or restraints which are not otherwise prohibited (Please review our "Adult products policies & guidelines")
Examples of Prohibited Listings
- Hard pornographic materials, such as films rated R18 by the British Board of Film Classification
- Sexual health enhancers, including dietary supplements, drugs and devices
- Soiled undergarments
- Pornography depicting violent, non-consensual or illegal acts
- Child or juvenile pornography (incl. the advertisement of sex toys with terms that are associated with minors).
- Lifelike or realistic sex dolls (incl. masturbators with heads, or heads for sex dolls)
- Sex toys that replicate a sexual organ attached or affixed to any replica human body or replica human body part (including legs, hips, torsos or heads).
- Masturbators with a mouth and nose or face.
Note: Sellers who list prohibited items or content may have their selling permissions removed, either temporarily or permanently.
Related Amazon Help Pages
Additional Useful Information
- Obscene Publications Act 1959, http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/Eliz2/7-8/66/contents
- Obscene Publications Act 1964, http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1964/74/contents
- Criminal Justice Act 1988, in particular, section 160, http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1988/33/section/160
- Criminal Justice and Immigration Act 2008, in particular, section 63, http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2008/4/section/63
- Website of the British Board of Film Classification, http://www.bbfc.co.uk/
- Website of the Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA), http://www.mhra.gov.uk/#page=DynamicListMedicines
Sign in to use the tool and get personalised help (desktop browser required).