user profile
Sign in
user profile

Email - Action Required: Amazon seller account review

by Seller_CbwHzxtZ0WP5C

Hi,

I have received an email that is either genuine or a very good fake, with the title "Email - Action Required: Amazon seller account review". It wants me to click on a link and answer some questions to arrange a virtual video call to confirm my identity, which I am happy to do, but I would like to confirm that the email is genuine before I input my merchant token etc.

I can't see anything within my seller account to indicate that this email has been sent, and the email also says that "Your Amazon selling account has been deactivated ", but there is no indication of this either, which makes me think the email may be a good scam.

Whenever I have used seller chat (for other issues), the replies that I get have been unhelpful and inaccurate (to be polite), and I see that the help that people get is on here is great, so that is why I am asking here first. Could an Amazon mod please take a look at my account and let me know if this email is genuine?

Also, if any Amazon sellers think that the email sounds genuine, do you know how long I might have before my account is actually deactivated?

Thank you very much

@Seller_VJ4XoAkjDpjPH @Ash_AMZ @Ezra_Amazon @Jessica_Amazon_ @Maja_Amazon @Sarah_Amzn @Winston_Amazon

Full email below FYI:

Dear Seller,

selling account has been deactivated in accordance with Section 3 of the Business Solutions Agreement. Amazon’s Business Solutions Agreement can be found here.

Why is this happening?

We have reviewed your account and would like to confirm your identity.

How do I verify my identity?

To verify your identity, you need to complete virtual identity verification over a video interview. To reserve a time slot for the interview, fill out the form here.

After we receive your response on this form, we will invite you for the interview on one of your preferred time slots, 48 hours before the interview. After your verification interview is complete, we will review the results and respond with the outcome within 5 business days.

We’re here to help.

If you have any questions, contact Selling Partner Support.

Tags: Account Health, Deactivated, Seller Support
5 replies
5 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_CbwHzxtZ0WP5C
In reply to: Seller_CbwHzxtZ0WP5C’s post

Update - my account was deactivated, so I have had a call with Amazon and there are lots of accounts within my main seller account for different countries and that is the problem. They have the same login details. I had to complete the questions on the link for the video interview, but there were lots of things I need to do after that including taking a screenshot. She talked so fast. I asked her to slow down several times. She said that after the video verification, then we can get the Mexico and USA accounts (which seem to be the issue) closed. I was aware of the Europe accounts, as I used to sell in Europe before Brexit. I have never used the outside of Europe accounts and did not open them.

If anyone has done this before, are there any instructions or a guide available, as I couldn't write down the instructions fast enough. I asked her to email me, but she hasn't. Nightmare!

user profile
Seller_LX9N4yh4mYnHt

This has also just happened to me, Did yo have to reserve 3 time slots and if so do you know how that all works ?

user profile
Seller_CbwHzxtZ0WP5C
In reply to: Seller_LX9N4yh4mYnHt’s post

@Seller_LX9N4yh4mYnHtHi, sorry for not replying. I didn't see your message. Hopefully you are sorted now, but I will answer anyway in case it helps anyone else reading.

I had to reserve 3 time slots (but I couldn't work out how to select 3 on the same day, so they were all on different days). I got an email asking me to upload the documents required, then I did the video call (there was a link in an email to join the call). The man on the call was very nice, patient and helpful. He asked for some verification info, and some info from my Amazon account (last order, tracking number etc) and said I would hear back within 4 working days. The Mexico account was reactivated on the same day. I took the required screenshots (of the reactivation email, merchant ID and account health page) and uploaded them to the UK account, then the next day my UK account was reactivated. My funds are due to be transferred in 2 weeks and I still have the buy button.

user profile
Spencer_Amazon

Hello @Seller_CbwHzxtZ0WP5C,

I am Spencer with Amazon.

I checked with our partner team and they are unread notification regarding your account.

You can find them by clicking on:

Menu > Performance > Performance Notifications.

Let me know if I can be of help.

Regards, Spencer

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post