user profile
Sign in
user profile

A couple of questions on sales rank?

by Seller_aV3Ageb7ljv8h

How much does a sales rank tell me about the likelyhood of a product selling? If one EAN has a sales rank of 40,000, but another EAN for the same item with a more detailed title / description has a sales rank of 145,000 do I have far less chance of selling it with the second EAN? I would have thought that a more detailed title would be the better EAN to sell under?

Also, is it possible that an EAN with no current items for sale under that listing might have had a much better sales rank a few months back when there were some active listings? That is to say does the fact a product / EAN has no current items listed under it automatically demote its sales rank.

Tags: Listings
11 replies
11 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_esvgLzKXw2YAl
In reply to: Seller_aV3Ageb7ljv8h’s post

Sales rank and the description of an item, though linked are in actual fact, two separate things.
Sales rank, is purely giving an idea of the number of units sold, compared to others in the same category.
So you could have two different things, in two separate categories, wildly different in rank. But the lower one could actually outsell the higher.

However, you can only sell an item on a listing, that actually matches the listing.
ie. The ean should match the listing.
So it doesn’t matter whether it’s the same item or not on two different listings as it’s the EAN that’s important.

user profile
Seller_Yja9oH7DLHk2I

You need to be careful with sales ranking on an ASIN with variants.

The ranking is usually the combined sales rank for all the different products.

This makes it really hard to work out sales rates.

user profile
Seller_Yja9oH7DLHk2I

I will investigate. Thanks

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post