user profile
Sign in
user profile

Sales via FBA

by Seller_ofkaq656XneBp

I have a quite simple question, but apparently it's too difficult for customer service because they haven't been able to answer my question for a week and when they answer it's pointless, e.g. to sell on FBA I have to be VAT registered. I am a sole trader, not VAT registered for 9 years, my income is less than the VAT limit. I understand that the fee is 15.3% DIY, that there is a transport fee, and what about the rest of the fees? I compared the revenue calculator between FBA and my warehouse and I don't know why it says estimate VAT 20%, does it mean that Amazon will automatically collect VAT on the sale? I know that I pay VAT on all fees. Can someone explain fee, VAT etc.?

Tags: FBA
1 reply
1 reply
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_QuM1AZgzfU9x4
In reply to: Seller_ofkaq656XneBp’s post

You don't have to be VAT registered to use FBA unless you aren't established in the UK.

The revenue calculator is set to the default of a seller being VAT registered so it assumes VAT at 20% of sale price and no VAT on fees. In reality for non-VAT registered seller they can set the VAT rate to 0 but will have to manually add 20% onto the fees.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post