user profile
Sign in
user profile

Avalara stopping Amazon VAT Services Tax Agency

by Seller_JLsqaOw9gpZwj

Received an impersonal generic email from Avalara informing us that they will no longer be our tax agent from 1st Nov 2024. Avalara are effectively unsubscribing us. Can only assume that Avalara and Amazon are ceasing working together under VAT Services.

Nothing on Seller Central, talk about being left in no mans land. Has anyone else received this email entitled "Important Amazon VAT tax agent update"?

Any ideas on next steps for the likely 1000s of sellers effectively left in the lurch by Avalara?

Tags: Taxes
68 replies
68 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_pZwJy8XZgVCJj
In reply to: Seller_JLsqaOw9gpZwj’s post

Ok so most of us seemed to receive the Taxually email I suppose, but that is unsubscribing from VAT Services on Amazon...

I haven't heard anything about Avask... but even in that case you would be unsubscribing from VAT services I suppose...

So that's it, end of VAT Services on Amazon... once again docs and POAs, notarisations...

I want to hear which provider sellers are going to go with; Taxually, Avask or Other?

user profile
Seller_JgT5nfCoodqY4

Looks like we all got the Taxually email, I haven’t heard anything about Avask yet, but I’m guessing it’s the same.

I actually met with Staxxer last week and signed their offer. They matched my old prices from Avalara, and the transition has been smooth so far. They’ve been really responsive to my questions and feedback.

So, Staxxer would be my recommendation!

user profile
Seller_ozORFyH35kMWD

Just been reading through these posts, I got a message from Singularity who file our DE VAT filings on behalf of Avalara and they said they can do the same for 200 Euros a Year and offered to do the same rate for other EU countries, Anyone looked or done this? , They any good? or are we all jumping on the Taxually band wagon?

user profile
Seller_EYDIvQ9EwmyWT

Im a facing the same. Will post updates as I receieve more info

user profile
Seller_2CPqIRAwbEOwH

Hello, Tax Desk can help if you plan to change the VAT service provider. contact: info(at)taxdesk.com

user profile
Seller_Wo5bR8TXlS3vE

Anyone sucessfully tranfer to Avask? Our application is still in review from 1 month.

user profile
Seller_pZPUigSoKl3Mk

I'm not on EU VAT services any more but look at the offer I get from Singularity (previously they represented Avalara in DE)

Dear Selling Partner,

With Avalara exiting the program and the June 30th deadline approaching, many businesses are concerned about what lies ahead. I want to reassure you that with Singularity as your tax agent, you are always compliant.

Singularity has been your trusted tax agent in Germany, and our VAT compliance management extends beyond Germany to cover all EU markets. You won't have to worry about deadlines or disruptions to your business.

Our in-house technology can extract transaction data from the marketplace and manage all your VAT return filings. With personalized and secure access to our client portal, you will have full visibility of all your VAT matters and a dedicated account manager just a call away.

We offer a competitive fee of €200 per country for an annual VAT subscription, with no hidden charges. Additionally, with Singularity, you won't need to handle Power of Attorney notarizations or any other administrative burdens.

Our commitment is to provide a simplified VAT service to keep you compliant, allowing you to focus on growing your business. Please reply to this email and we will connect with you within a day.

Kind regards

Marko Kaiser

Singularity GmbH

Steuerberatungsgesellschaft

Steuerberater / Geschäftsführer

Goerscheider Weg 50

42579 Heiligenhaus

Singularity GmbH

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Heiligenhaus

Registergericht: Amtsgericht Wuppertal, HRB 33191

Geschäftsführer: Marko Kaiser

There are no more posts to display