user profile
Sign in
user profile

Automotive Aftermarket Parts

by Seller_8OVvPzBgjK8jA

We manufacture our own aftermarket branded auto parts. Brand registered etc.

Could anyone provide some info on how to avoid trademark infringements.

It used to be Amazon did not allow you to list the brand of the vehicle it fits. eg "Ford" "Mazda" etc. Now they are saying models are also not allowed such as "Qashqai" etc.

How are we meant to let the customer know what vehicle it fits. On eBay we are allowed to put "Fits" or "For" before the brand / model and list the brand as our brand.

I understand Amazon has its own fitment tool. eBays fitment tool picks up on keywords and matches the fitment data. Does Amazon do the same or is it purely down to car registration checks?

Thank you :)

Tags: Add a product, Listings, Product removal, Restricted Products, detail page
18 replies
18 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_ZJhFeE3tNKzfh
In reply to: Seller_8OVvPzBgjK8jA’s post
user profile
Seller_8QEinGIZiVAx0

@Seller_8OVvPzBgjK8jAsorry i know this is completely off track to the subject but can i ask do you use Product liability insurance at all? and if so can i ask who you may use? amazon are pushing this type of insurance up on sellers but i cannot seem to locate any insurance companies who insure vehicle parts, I've tried numerous companies.

user profile
Seller_8OVvPzBgjK8jA

Lets see how we go.

I predict 12 replies back and forth for them asking for an ASIN to check,

user profile
Seller_8OVvPzBgjK8jA

Brand Protection said we can use brands in the title as long as it is formatted like this.

user profile
Seller_uPuf4V7GDz2aH

I am also an aftermarket brand owner. I have avoided all issues with what you describe by using the following format (example):

Brake Discs compatible with Ford Focus 2010-2015

I haven't had any issues with brand or model when using this format.

The important thing is the use of "compatible with" before any brand names. "Ford Focus brake discs" will cause issues as it implies they are manufactured by Ford. Also use the PartFinder as the other seller already suggested. I also include an excel fitment table which includes all compatible vehicles, which I save as a jpeg and use as a final "image".

user profile
Seller_KlbXZHzQGSDZv

Have something that is useful for the customer AI bot says no to paraphrase someone. From time to time new names are introduced into the system for instance "brother" was introduced as a trademark quite rightly for brother sewing machines etc. The bot killed anything with brother in it such as dear brother greetings cards. Have to wonder if Amazon employ so much cheap labour in the far east/india on their programming and English is not their first langauge so these nuances go missing. For cars Volkswagon was a big hit a few years back when volkswagon haynes manuals were all pulled due to volkswagon in the title.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post